Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Phantom

What is SOPA?

SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) is a government cencsorship bill that was proposed in congress. What will it do? Basically, it blocks any and all websites that contain any copyrighted material. Which means sites like Youtube, Gaia, Facebook and any site that relies on user-submitted content will be banned/blocked.
So, all-in-all, the internet is ********.

DETAILS HERE!
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/SOPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

STOP SOPA!!

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
gaia_nitemareleft They killed it Friday night. But the Senate equivalent, Protect IP, is still at large but most likely will go down the same path. gaia_nitemareright

Dapper Bear

St V-Starr
gaia_nitemareleft They killed it Friday night. But the Senate equivalent, Protect IP, is still at large but most likely will go down the same path. gaia_nitemareright

Uh... no they didn't. They held it off until two days from now; the 21st. It's not just PCmag that says this, there are several other tech sites/game forums/etc talking about it as well. Found another source,

Harry Reid is pushing SOPA for this week, and I'm assuming, if it doesn't go through, PIPA, the Senate version, January.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The Fringe Observer
St V-Starr

Uh... no they didn't. They held it off until two days from now; the 21st. It's not just PCmag that says this, there are several other tech sites/game forums/etc talking about it as well. Found another source,

Harry Reid is pushing SOPA for this week, and I'm assuming, if it doesn't go through, PIPA, the Senate version, January.

WHAT?! gonk

Dapper Bear

St V-Starr
The Fringe Observer
St V-Starr

WHAT?! gonk

Mmmhm. My exact expression when I read it. I also heard they've got most of the support they need for PIPA, if SOPA doesn't make the cut, save for about 20 senators (they've already got 40 to pass, they just need 20 more to pass it in that case). Dunno which states/which Senators are in their pocket, though.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The Fringe Observer
St V-Starr
The Fringe Observer
St V-Starr

WHAT?! gonk

Mmmhm. My exact expression when I read it. I also heard they've got most of the support they need for PIPA, if SOPA doesn't make the cut, save for about 20 senators (they've already got 40 to pass, they just need 20 more to pass it in that case). Dunno which states/which Senators are in their pocket, though.

That's insane! Why would they do such a thing?

Dapper Bear

St V-Starr
The Fringe Observer

Because it's Hollywood backed, with their cash, feels like. Probably some major game companies as well; Sony, EA, Nintendo hopped on the bandwagon some time back.

I'm not quite the nicest person when it comes to the current folks filling the government right now, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Either way, it's still bad news.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The Fringe Observer
St V-Starr
The Fringe Observer

Because it's Hollywood backed, with their cash, feels like. Probably some major game companies as well; Sony, EA, Nintendo hopped on the bandwagon some time back.

I'm not quite the nicest person when it comes to the current folks filling the government right now, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Either way, it's still bad news.

It gets worst everyday! Last time I heard, the game companies were against it!

Ruthless Bunny

8,350 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Ima personally go to their office and give them a "lesson" all MILLENNIA long.

now all i need is a plane and money.

Questionable Borg

It's unconstitutional to censor the internet, it's not going to happen.

/end.
If SOPA be passed trolls wouldn't be trolling D: Bronies wouldn't be bronying . And if they block youtube well.That's where shits going down,and if that happens will the internet exist ?

Dedicated Phantom

6,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
Doesn't the freaking government get it? If they pass this s**t, if they control the world's internet we are going to have another damn world war! as well as a war on our own soil! what the hell is next Thought Cops?

Rainbow Sweetheart

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
This is taking it too far. I live in Canada, but you can sure as hell bet it'll affect us almost as bad as America. Oh, it's postponed till January now.

Rainbow Sweetheart

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Mayor Gravity
It's unconstitutional to censor the internet, it's not going to happen.

/end.

It's also unconstitutional to favor the rich, and we all know that never happens. rolleyes
Eternal Marionetta
What is SOPA?

SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) is a government cencsorship bill that was proposed in congress. What will it do? Basically, it blocks any and all websites that contain any copyrighted material. Which means sites like Youtube, Gaia, Facebook and any site that relies on user-submitted content will be banned/blocked.
So, all-in-all, the internet is ********.

DETAILS HERE!
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/SOPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

STOP SOPA!!

then y you on it? :O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items