Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Cherry Festir
Pixelized-LOVE
S.O.P.A is going to take away the one of the things we love the most the Internet =( S.O.P.A the (stop online piracy act ) is a bill to block websites from our view emo thats not all they will start taking down forums that they dont agree with please!!! people stop it SAVE THE INTERNET !!!

I am pretty young ad naive, so might I ask, what does piracy mean?
Internet piracy The theft and reuse of entities found on the Internet. These include VIDEO CLIPS, GRAPHIC IMAGES, and text. It is also the term that is used to describe the wholesale theft of WEB SITES where an illicit organization copies an existing site and places a new HOME PAGE for the site as part of a criminal enterprise. In general the unauthorized use of Internet media is as much a crime as the unauthorized use of any other media. See INTERNET COPYRIGHT.

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
_ckaaay
This is seriously so ridiculous.
I got so infuriated when I learned about SOPA and PIPA through this video;
Well use your newly earned information and spread it to all your friends and people who use the web and FIGHT back!!
If this bill isn't stopped... I will lose faith in humanity. ._.

Moonlight Citizen

I checked my announcements today and saw this the first thing that came to mind was, "Is Gaia actually supporting this bullshit?" shortly after I decided not to click the link in the link.
iConvoy
I checked my announcements today and saw this the first thing that came to mind was, "Is Gaia actually supporting this bullshit?" shortly after I decided not to click the link in the link.

I think it's more of a, "Do you support it or not?" They never say they supported it, just that it's sort of a debate...

Either way I went ahead and got my bar of sopa item... so I can rub it where SOPA belongs... up the axe! D:<

chow-chow-yummy rolled 20 100-sided dice: 20, 94, 67, 70, 35, 13, 73, 35, 73, 11, 72, 54, 16, 33, 54, 59, 90, 80, 2, 55 Total: 1006 (20-2000)

i scream scream scream scream scream scream S.O.P.A arrow arrow arrow arrow exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim

Floppy Member

I'd suggest doing more research into it. You're not wrong, but more information/more articulate points would do a better job.

Also, it's worth mentioning that NDAA passed, with sections 1031/1032 intact, and the protect-IP act is still floating around.

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Je suis un automaton
I'd suggest doing more research into it. You're not wrong, but more information/more articulate points would do a better job.

Also, it's worth mentioning that NDAA passed, with sections 1031/1032 intact, and the protect-IP act is still floating around.
yah i know good comment and yah ill talk about pipa to

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Kentarou Kawasaki
i dont think the american government care so much about humanity remember when they bomb japan with the atomic bomb scream
Pixelized-LOVE
Kentarou Kawasaki
i dont think the american government care so much about humanity remember when they bomb japan with the atomic bomb scream

I know they don't care about humanity... and if my internets is taken away, neither will I. >_>

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Pixelized-LOVE
Stop Sopa Bump

fixed

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Kentarou Kawasaki
Pixelized-LOVE
Kentarou Kawasaki

I know they don't care about humanity... and if my internets is taken away, neither will I. >_>
when you go on a killing spree and start to kill millions of people just know confused i`m your friend

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ok, censorship issues and internet sharing aside, has anyone actually looked at the mess they call a bill? It basically gives the Justice department a do-what-ever-the-hell-you-want card. I can see how claiming its a violation of the first amendment could be fought, or against those who have weak arguments to begin with, completely dismissed. BUT there is no way in hell anyone can challenge that the bill is a direct violation of the fifth and sixth amendments. It gives the justice department the right to basically kill a website on suspicion with no evidence, no trial, or any legal preceding what so ever. SOPA is just a bunch of pissed off entertainers and power hungry legal aids foaming at the mouth because the only made 4.4 billion last quater instead of 4.5 billion :/
Pixelized-LOVE
Kentarou Kawasaki
Pixelized-LOVE
Kentarou Kawasaki

when you go on a killing spree and start to kill millions of people just know confused i`m your friend

...not even friends shall be safe. >w>...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff