Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
akiraumbrella
i heard that so many signed for sopa to stop their dirty work, that it will be stopped until later in 2012
crying what i dont get is that the some people making the stuff dont take it as piracy but yet the government wants to censor it anyways

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Very Beautiful Samira
Personally I think that bill is stupid and i doubt it'll be passed.
Me neither but you never know thats why we fight against it

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
The companies pushing SOPA being CBS, TIme Warrner, Disney, ect... are all the people who origionally DISTRIBUTED the pirating software! Cnet Interactive distrubuted Kazaa, BItTorrent, Napster, Linewire, ect... and Cnet Interactive is a branch of the CBS Corporation!

I'm not kidding the evidence is all here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&list=LLaJySxj90Rn3AaJue-H3WDg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

ALSO LOOK AT THE LINKS IN THE DESCRIPTION FOR MORE EVIDENCE!

SOPA IS AN ATTEMPT BY AMERICAN TV CORPORATIONS TO CONTROL THE INTERNET! IF THIS LAW IS PASSED SAY GOODBYE TO YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK, TUMBLUR, TWITTER, ECT..., AND SAY HELLO TO LAME a** TELEVISION SHOWS! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE WISELY!

Liberal Fatcat

*sigh* If the government wants to stay in bed with with big business, fine whatever. But the very epitome of "freedom of expression" i.e. the internet, is not to be made their b***h.

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
This Isnt Sparta
*sigh* If the government wants to stay in bed with with big business, fine whatever. But the very epitome of "freedom of expression" i.e. the internet, is not to be made their b***h.
i know rite

Witty Phantom

3< I do not approve of this thread.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Pixelized-LOVE
xXPhoenix DownXx
Pixelized-LOVE
xXPhoenix DownXx
Pixelized-LOVE
S.O.P.A is going to take away the one of the things we love the most the Internet =( S.O.P.A the (stop online piracy act ) is a bill to block websites from our view emo thats not all they will start taking down forums that they dont agree with please!!! people stop it SAVE THE INTERNET !!!

Chances are, with what sanity our government has left with desire to listen to the people, it will be stopped. I recently heard about how something over how Megaupload was blocked temporarily over suspected for pirating. Some people made some song about SOPA and it got blocked over Youtube with a supposed copyright that actually turned out to be nothing more than a voluntary removal. If we fail at this, we might as well start saying. "I don't want to live in the USA no more."
lol the usa isn`t just stoping there they want to take it on a global scale which means sooner or later if this thing gets going it will affect me too =(

I apologize, my government is mentally retarded.
Its ok i understand my government is fighting with themselves rite now so ya

Hm. If there weren't problems with killings and mafia in Mexico n' ya'll didn't already cover the possibility of worldwide spreading I'd crack this joke about how mayhaps people will cross the border from the US back into Mexico. But..whatevs.

Save teh Doujinshi's and Let's Plays and all stuff~Bwaa.

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
Eternal Marionetta
3< I do not approve of this thread.
why not ?

5,025 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't have a problem with piracy. I like pirates, I wish I could be a pirate cat_pirate

Occasionally I download things that I didn't pay for, yes, but not much. To me its not stealing, its sharing cat_lol So basically the government is saying we can't share, which is was we've been taught to do by our parents for years. So, really, the government is saying "don't listen to your parents." cat_surprised
Links in signature.

Dapper Cat

6,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image
Terra Kirin
I don't have a problem with piracy. I like pirates, I wish I could be a pirate cat_pirate

Occasionally I download things that I didn't pay for, yes, but not much. To me its not stealing, its sharing cat_lol So basically the government is saying we can't share, which is was we've been taught to do by our parents for years. So, really, the government is saying "don't listen to your parents." cat_surprised

The government's been saying that for years now. Although, they don't have the balls to say it straight out. emotion_eyebrow

Golden Egg

18,715 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Have you guys seen this??

whatta hell ? the same company that puts out the pirate download software is the one behind SOPA?

Check out link below it goes into more detail.

http://www.filmon.com/cbsyousuck/

also

Updated Link !! below + you will find info on SOPA.
User Image
Do not forget to show your support and wear your SOPA.

Desirable Capitalist

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
sopa bump!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers