It's alright 0.36231884057971 36.2% [ 50 ]
Hate it. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 138 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Beloved Friend

8,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love Homestuck, and most of my friends do too. If you don't like it, you probably don't like literature very much. I agree, it's not for everyone, and yes, it is boring for a while when you start. But like any good story, it's not supposed to start out exciting, cause it pretty much kills it and a story must have a background. Maybe you don't like it because of the "horrible fanbase", and yeah, the fans can be little stupid when it comes to ships, and sometimes they shove it down your throat, but they're probably just want you to read it as well so you two can discuss. You shouldn't hate a thing just because of the fans. There are amazing fans out there too, who create many wonderful fanart, voice acting, cosplay, etc. But what I also love is the anti-Homestuck people who go out of their way to insult it, it always makes me laugh and reminds me I'm still on the internet. I love the characters, the crappy fanbase, the way Andrew Hussie trolls me, and the hatebase (Thanks for making us stronger!), and just in general.

Oh? What's this?

Quote:
homestuck huh....it sucks cool

Quote:
alot -.-

Watch out guys! We're dealing with a bad*** over here!

But haters gonna hate, cause that's what they do, and that's why they're called haters.

Girl-Crazy Kitten

Personally, it took me three goes before I even got past 100 pages.

It's pretty confusing at first, to be honest. You don't quite get what is happening and why it's happening. What's the point of it all?

But then you get to know the characters, and you start to get more interested.

More things start to happen and you're left like 'whoa...'

The humour is very, very funny in my book. Without the quirky personalities and the strange-but-awesome dialogue, I wouldn't be as interested.

But gosh, it's pretty good.

My advice is:

Bookmark it now. If you don't want to read it, you don't have to.

But if you're really bored one day, open it up and just casually start reading it. Don't feel pressured to love it at first -- no one does!

If you get sick of it after a while (but please give it a chance, of course! Nothing big is going to happen in 10 pages!), simply bookmark or save the page and leave it.

Maybe you'll come back. I hope so!

The characters are amazing, the storyline is intense and so completely planned out, and the music. Oh my gosh, the music and the flash files are just... mind blowing.

And lastly, don't judge it by it's fans!!!

Everyone gets a little crazy over their favourite fandom once and a while! Please don't hold a few hyped up fans against what an amazing piece of art, literature, and sheer creativity Homestuck is!

Wow. tl;dr

Homestuck is amazing, give it a chance!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas