1.Miss A is a South Korean-Chinese girl group created by JYP Entertainment through their sub-label AQ Entertainment.
3.Wang Fei Fei ,also known as Fei was born April 27, 1987 (age 24) in Haikou, Hainan, China is the Main Vocalist. She speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and minimal English.
Meng Jia ,also known as Jia was born February 3, 1989 (age 22) in Hunan, China is the Rapper, Vocalist. She speaks Mandarin, Korean, and minimal English. Lee Min Young,also known as Min was born June 21, 1991 (age 20) in Seoul, Korea is a Vocalist, Main Dancer. She speaks fluent Korean, English, and minimal Mandarin. She was a JYP USA trainee for 8 years, and collaborated with American producer Jonathan Smith (Lil Jon). Bae Suzy,also known as Suzy and Su-ji was born October 10, 1994 (age 16) in Gwangju, Korea is the Lead Vocalist. She speaks Korean, minimal English, and minimal Mandarin. She was a lead actress in the 2011 drama Dream High, as Go Hye Mi, and was a Samsung Anycall commercial model in 2010. She is the maknae [the youngest]. and she will be a lead actress in the 2012 drama Dream High 2, as Go Hye Mi
4.Love Alone, Goodbye Baby, Bad Girl Good Girl,Breathe
3. Summary of the band: Known as Russian Size in English, this band was formed in 1993 by Dmitry Kopotilov, the guitarist, and Viktor Bondaryuk, the drummer. Kopotilov was a small-business owner and Bondaryuk sold souvenirs. The first replicated album of Russkiy Razmer was recorded together with Vadim Volodin, a famous Russian sound-arranger and producer, in Moscow. In 1995, the group's female vocalist, Angela (Anzhelika Kuznetsova in Russian), left to start a solo career. A budding singer, Alexey Lebedinsky, was recruited as her replacement. The album We dance? was released in 1998 and reached U.S.A. and Europe. From then on, Russkiy Razmer actively went on foreign tours. The song "Angel of the Day" (from the album 650) and the video of the song also reached the charts. Since 1999, Eleonora Filimonova has been the vocalist of the group. In the beginning of 2005, Igor Lutsenko joined the group as a replacement. [From wikipedia.]
3. The band is a duo composed of composer/multi-instrumentalist Pete Hobbs and lyricist/singer Jof Owen. They met when they were still in school and started writing songs together. They began writing and recording songs in the summer of 2002. The group created the independent label Too Young to Die as a means to release their music. Their first release was the 7" single "Paper Cuts" in 2003. They released three singles and completed the recording of their debut album before they played any live shows. The Best Party Ever album was released in the United States in late Spring 2006. They are known for the colourful characters that they use in their artwork, which are drawn by Jof Owen's brother, Tim. The artwork for their second album features 3D versions of the drawings that have been knitted. The band describe their own sound as "Country Disco". They were included in the top ten bands of 2006 in Rolling Stone magazine, and described as sounding like what would happen "if all your childhood stuffed animals got together and started a band."
Hello, I'd like to add/suggest some groups to Gaians who might like European Rock and Pop
1. Artist/Group Name
- Bijelo Dugme
- Crvena Jabuka
- Prljavo Kazaliste
2. Music Genre
- Bijelo Dugme=Croatian Rock
- Crvena Jabuka= Croatian Rock/Pop
- Prljavo Kazaliste= Croatian Rock
- Thompson= Croatian Rock & Nationalistic
- Colonia= Croatian Dance Music
3. Summary of the band:
- Bijelo Dugme; Means 'White Button'. They're an old Eastern European Rock band. They're not a band anymore but they were very active between 1974-1989. They sang songs mainly in Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian. Members(All. Past, and new): Goran Bregovic, Zeljko Bebek, Mladen Vojicic, Alan Islamovic, Zoran Redzic, Jadranko Stankovic, Ljubisa Racic, Sanin Karic, Ipe Ivandic, Djidji Jankelic, Milic Vukasinovic, Vlado Pravdic, and Laza Ristovski.
- Crvena Jabuka; Means 'Red Apple'. They originated in 1985, and have been popular since. Members(All. Past, and new): Drazen Rici, Aljosa Buha, Srdjan Serberdzija, Branko Salka, Zlatko Volarevic, Danijel Lastric, Zlatko Bebek, Mario Vukcevic.
- Prljavo Kazaliste; Means 'Dirty Theater'. A Rock band formed in Zagreb, Croatia. Formed in 1977, and they're still very popular. Members(All. Past, and new): Davorin Bogovic, Zoran Cvjetkovic, Damir Liposek, Fedor Boic, Mladen Bodalec, Jasenka Houra, Nina Hrsatek, Tihomir Files, Zlatko Bebek, Jurica Leikauff.
- Thompson: Artist/singer: Marko Perkovic Thompson. Band Name: Thompson. They are a Croatian Rock band. Still very popular today. Especially in America. Still a band today. Formed in 1991. They do a lot of Nationalistic songs/style. Members(All. Past, and now):Sasa Bulic, Tonci Rubic, Mario Salvador, Marino Strmo, Ante Pupacic, Marko Perkovic Thompson, Tiho Orlic, Damir Liposek Kex, Fedor Boic, Tomislav Mandoric, Damir Somen.
- Colonia: They formed in 1996, and are still active today. They're known to win the first ever Eurodance competetion in 2001.
Members(All): Inidra Vladic Mujkic, Boris Djurdjevic, Tomislav Jelic.
4. Recommended Songs:
-Bijelo Dugme; Ne Spavaj Moja Mala
-Bijelo Dugme; Tako Ti Je Mala Moja Kad Ljubi Bosanac
-Bijelo Dugme; Hajdemo u Planine
-Crvena Jabuka; Jedina
-Crvena Jabuka; Ako Ako
-Crvena Jabuka; Dirlija
-Prljavo Kazaliste; Kise Jesenje
-Prljavo Kazaliste; Ne Zovi Mama Doktora
-Prljavo Kazaliste; Mi Plesemo
-Thompson; Lijepa Li Si
-Thompson; Moj Ivane
-Thompson; Geni Kameni
-Colonia; Ti Da Ba Di Bu DaColonia; Plamen Od Ljubavi
-Colonia; Za Tvoje Snene oci
*Note that there is another version of Thompson's Geni Kameni that I posted up here that one sounds better to me, but I couldn't find it* I hope that this helps with a lot of Gaians out there, and that you guys will like them.
3: Summary of the band
---& Formed in 1997, Silver Ash, considered the first Chinese rock/visual kei band, is currently inactive as they have run into some trouble with the Chinese government, supposedly causing their long hiatus. They were notably banned from Beijing. (And haven't released much since 2007.) They are speculatively playing lives in China. (Sadly, there is a very minuscule amount of information available on these guys.)
Current Members: Vocals - Ling, Guitar - Yue, Bass - Yu, Drums - Zhen, Keyboard - Bai Niao.
Former Members: Guitar - Lucy, Guitar - Nancy, Bass - Hong.
4. Recommended Songs:
---& Wind of the Broken Cliff, Lunar Eclipse, Never End
Here are a few more bands. Hopefully this isn't going to be as long as my last post..
1. Artist/Group Name
- E.S. Posthumus
2. Music Genre
- E.S. Posthumus= Instrumental
- Bond= Instrumental
3. Summary of the band:
- E.S. Posthumus; They are an Instrumental band that have done many movies/ T.V. Shows. Some of them have been; Pirates of The Caribbean: Curse of The Black Pearl, Pirates of The Caribbean: At Worlds End, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Clodcase, Boondock Saints, Spider-Man, Planet of The Apes, and many more. The 'E.S' part is actually an Acronym for 'Experimental Sounds'. Also 'Posthumus' is actually a Latin word that is meant to represent "All things past". A lot of their songs have to do with Greece, Rome, Pompeii, and such. They were formed in the year 2000. The Group had to end their band after one of the borthers died. So they ended at 2010, and over all made 3 albums, and 2 other 'albums' that aren't entirely completed. It is said that their last song "Christmas Eve" was supposed to be a tribute to their brother. This is an all girls band. They mainly play their songs with a Violin, Viola, and a Cello Members(All); Halmut Vonlichten, and Franz Vonlichten(R.I.P. July 22, 2010)
- Bond: Australian/British String Quartet band. They have been described as the best selling String Quartet band of all time, selling 4 million records.They started in the years 2000, and are still a band. They do have their own site: Bond Members(All. Past, and new); Elspeth Hanson, Eos Chater, Tania Davis, Gay-Yee Westerhoff, Haylie Ecker.
4. Recommended Songs
- E.S. Posthumus; Kalki
- E.S. Posthumus; Pompeii
- E.S. Posthumus; Unstoppable
- Bond; Fuego
- Gypsy Rhapsody
- Bond; Shine
I don't know if you guys actually want this, but since this is a forum for songs from other countries I thought I should post this up as well. I found a site where they play actual radio stations from different countries around the world(Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia)the site is called: Delicast they have tons of different genres from 80's, Techno, Folk, Pop, Rock, Party, talk, alternative, etc.
3. Rybak is a singer-composer, violinist, pianist, writer, and actor. Representing Norway in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow, Russia, he won the contest with 387 points—the highest tally any country has achieved in the history of Eurovision—with "Fairytale", a song he wrote and composed. His debut album, Fairytales, charted in the top 20 in nine European countries, including a #1 position in Norway and Russia. [From wikipedia.]
3. Richard David James, best known under the pseudonym Aphex Twin, is an Irish-born electronic musician and composer. He's also recorded music under other aliases. As a teenager, he was a disc jockey at the Shire Horse Inn in St Ives, with Tom Middleton at the Bowgie Inn in Crantock, and also along the numerous beaches around Cornwall. The first full-length Aphex Twin album, Selected Ambient Works 85–92, was released in 1992 on R&S Records. In 2011, he spoke to Spanish magazine that asked about the 6 albums he claimed to have, which he answered with, 'More than 10 or 11 are already compiled, and many more songs are orphans.' [From wikipedia.]
3. Ástor Pantaleón Piazzolla (March 11, 1921 – July 4, 1992) was an Argentine tango composer and a virtuoso bandoneón player. His oeuvre revolutionized the traditional tango into a new style termed nuevo tango, incorporating elements from jazz and classical music. Despite some resistance, his reworking of the tango was embraced by liberal segments of Argentine society also pushing for political changes. During the period of Argentine military dictatorship, Piazzolla lived in Italy, but returned many times to Argentina. He recorded there and on at least one occasion, had lunch with the dictator, Jorge Rafael Videla. However, his relationship with the dictator might have been less than friendly, as recounted in Ástor Piazzolla, A manera de memorias. Among his followers, his own protégé Marcelo Nisinman is the best known innovator of the tango music of the new millennium, while Pablo Ziegler, pianist with Piazzolla's second quintet, has assumed the role of principal custodian of nuevo tango, extending the jazz influence in the style. [From wikipedia.]
3. Ali and her mother moved to Los Angeles, California in 1985, after which Ali discovered the santour. Ali then studied the santour under Persian master Manoocher Sadeghi, which led to the rediscovery of her voice. In 1996, Ali formed "alternative world" group VAS with percussionist Greg Ellis after meeting the year prior at a concert at UCLA. She and her husband, Loga Ramin Torkian, are also part of another group, Niyaz, an Iranian acoustic electronic group. In 2002, Ali released her first solo album, Portals of Grace. This was followed up with 2006's Elysium for the Brave, which reached #10 on Billboard's World Albums chart on 23 September 2006. Ali's most recent release, 2011's From Night to the Edge of Day, is a collection of lullabies inspired by her son.[From wikipedia.]
3. Ben Frost (born in Melbourne Australia, now based in Reykjavík, Iceland) is a musician, composer and producer. Frost is probably most widely recognized for his experimental music drawing on influences from minimalism, post-punk, black metal, and noise. The albums that best demonstrate these are the 2007 release of "Theory of Machines" and 2009's "BY THE THROAT". The 'Theory of Machines', an album which earned Frost massive critical acclaim, could be said to have cemented his place as an artist on the global stage. [From wikipedia.]