Welcome to Gaia! ::

SCANDAL. (j-pop/j-rock all girls group. did a theme song for star ocean. four girls)

morning musume. (all girl group. a TON of songs, stick to all the singles/albums below the 33rd single, most of their new music has lost it's flair. lots of different singers)

HOMEMADE KAZOKU. (all male trio. hip-hop style with pop influences)

Dapper Dabbler

Anagre
Added! Thank you very much, I look forward to more suggestions from you! We need more Middle Eastern music! ^^

No, thank you! I'll do my very best. -bow-

Heh. whee

Dapper Dabbler

Perpetuating my own trend... I think that's biased, heh.

1. JadaL
2. Jordanian rock
3. Summary of the band: JadaL is said to be the first band of its kind in the region. By playing rock and singing their lyrics in Jordanian Arabic, they came up with the new genre, Arabic Rock. The band formed in 2003 and consists of Mahmoud Radaideh on guitars, Rami Delshad for vocals, and Laith Nimri on drums. [From Facebook.]
Salma - JadaL
All updated and linked c: Thanks guys! Keep em' coming!

Dapper Dabbler

Now, for something completely different!

1. Kaupunginorkesteri
2. Finnish pop
3. Summary of the band: Kaupunginorkesteri was a Finnish pop band from Kotka, a town on the southeast coast of Finland. The band was founded in 2001. Kaupunginorkesteri has recorded one album called Aplodeja (2003) and two singles "Hän lähtee" (2002) and "Anssi ei osaa tanssia" (2003).
Anssi ei osaa tanssia - Kaupunginorkesteri
1. Called≠Plan
2. Japanese rock/pop
3. Called≠Plan was formed in 2009 by Rei and Otoha, after their previous band disbanded. The band consists of vocalist Yuuto, guitarists Rei and Otoha, and bassist Syu. At the moment they have a support drummer named Karen, and it's unknown whether or not he will be joining the band as a regular member. Please check them out if you have a minute!
4. C≠P Cherry Boy&Girl PV, Carnival King, 陽のかけら触れる場所まで.

Dapper Dabbler

And back to where I started. Huh.

1. Khaled
2. Algerian desert blues (a.k.a. Raï)
3. Summary of the band: Khaled is the poster boy for the modern form of Algerian desert blues known as Raï. Born in Oran, the traditional center of Raï, he was attracted to music from an early age, especially to Raï. Unfortunately for him, this style was seen as the music of outcasts, drunks, and prostitutes at the time. He taught himself to play guitar, bass, harmonica, and accordion, and performed at clubs, parties, and weddings. Khaled wanted his music to be international and succeeded on his second try in 1992. Presently, he is most popular in most of Europe and the Middle East, especially France. [From pandora.com]
4. Wahrane - Khaled
        ☆═━ "ℳy flight only departs, it never lands." ━═☆

╞══╕ " I never once let ℳyself fall prey to corruption, rebellion and delinquency.
              ╞══╘══╕I'ℳ not going to waste ℳy time refuting against your pathetic attempts.
              ╞══╘══╘═════════════════════════════════╡ZICO

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
L to R: Kyung, B-Bomb, PO, Zico, Jaehyo, U-Kwon, Taeil

1. Artist/Group Name: Block B
              2. Music Genre: Mainly hip-hop
              3. Summary of the band:
              The group is produced by veteran hip-hop artist Cho PD and is signed under the entertainment company Brand New Stardom. Block B debuted on April 14, 2011.
              The members are composed of 3 rappers, 2 main singers and 2 main dancers.
              Zico, the leader and music producer, and Kyung, another rapper, received 9 years of training under their current label company before debuting. PO, the maknae, also raps and is reported to be practicing in writing raps for upcoming songs.
              Taeil is the main vocalist of the group and is known to have auditioned for a famous singing competition in South Korea. Jaehyo is the sub-vocalist and oldest member, who has been in various other agencies before finally debuting with Block B.
              U-Kwon and B-Bomb are regarded as the main dancers in the group but also participates in singing. They both have a history of competing in dancing competitions on and off television.

4. Recommended Songs: Freeze is their debut track and shows a strong hip hop base, well sprinkled with pop music.
              I also recommend Tell Them and Wanna B?
              If you're looking for a more hip-hop tune, check out leader Zico's predebut mixtape which includes both covers and self-composed songs. Some tracks; Dead President I'm Still Fly

5. Gaia Official Fan Thread: Click here
Both have been added! I apologize for the delay, I didn't have internet access for several days D:
I'd just like to suggest a genre.

I'm a huge fan of European Bubblegum Dance. Some of the more popular ones (in North America) would be Aqua and Vengaboys, but I really like Smile.dk, Bambee, BeFour, Becky, etc. These bands are usually from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Germany, but not always.

If there could be official threads for either the genre itself, or any of these bands that would be great, or if there are any that exist could you plz PM me the forum links? I would very much appreciate it.

Arigato!

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i suggest f(x) for kpop bands and miss A

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Telephonic Poptarts
        ☆═━ "ℳy flight only departs, it never lands." ━═☆

╞══╕ " I never once let ℳyself fall prey to corruption, rebellion and delinquency.
              ╞══╘══╕I'ℳ not going to waste ℳy time refuting against your pathetic attempts.
              ╞══╘══╘═════════════════════════════════╡ZICO

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
L to R: Kyung, B-Bomb, PO, Zico, Jaehyo, U-Kwon, Taeil

1. Artist/Group Name: Block B
              2. Music Genre: Mainly hip-hop
              3. Summary of the band:
              The group is produced by veteran hip-hop artist Cho PD and is signed under the entertainment company Brand New Stardom. Block B debuted on April 14, 2011.
              The members are composed of 3 rappers, 2 main singers and 2 main dancers.
              Zico, the leader and music producer, and Kyung, another rapper, received 9 years of training under their current label company before debuting. PO, the maknae, also raps and is reported to be practicing in writing raps for upcoming songs.
              Taeil is the main vocalist of the group and is known to have auditioned for a famous singing competition in South Korea. Jaehyo is the sub-vocalist and oldest member, who has been in various other agencies before finally debuting with Block B.
              U-Kwon and B-Bomb are regarded as the main dancers in the group but also participates in singing. They both have a history of competing in dancing competitions on and off television.

4. Recommended Songs: Freeze is their debut track and shows a strong hip hop base, well sprinkled with pop music.
              I also recommend Tell Them and Wanna B?
              If you're looking for a more hip-hop tune, check out leader Zico's predebut mixtape which includes both covers and self-composed songs. Some tracks; Dead President I'm Still Fly

5. Gaia Official Fan Thread: Click here

dont forget Halo and Am I the Only One like this?
MsDayBack19
i suggest f(x) for kpop bands and miss A

Please follow the form on the first page of the sticky if you want your bands to be added to the list.

Updated the other information!

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
1. f(x)
2. Korean Pop
3. Victoria February 2, 1987 (age 24) Leader, Vocalist, Main Dancer
Amber September 18, 1992 (age 1 cool Main Rapper, Vocalist
Luna August 12, 1993 (age 17) Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Sulli March 29, 1994 (age 17) Vocalist, Sub-Rapper, Visual