Thank you! I'll check those out now ^^
Japanese Pop
GReeeeN

Timid Explorer

I went back to my first post and edited it with links. 8D
        In the meantime, here's a band to add:

DEATHGAZE
        Country/Genre: Japanese Melodic Death Metal
        Summary: Formed in 2003, but has had an inconsistent lineup since it's formation. Their music is heavily laced with metal guitar riffs, fast drumming and chaotic screaming, though at times a few less heavy, quiet styles are expressed. Current members are: Ai (vo), Takaki (gu), Kousuke (ba), and Naoki (dr).
        Recommended Songs: SORROW, BLISS OUT YOURSELF, ABYSS Ai era/Sou era

Added (: Thank you!
Do any Chinese rock or punk bands exist? i've searched YouTube, Wikipedia and have even asked on Yahoo Answers, but thus far i'm not able to find any epic Chinese rock bands.
Do they even exist? If so, could you give me their names? i know they WON'T have an USA release; however, just listening to them on YouTube would be enough for me. heart
I'm looking for a Chinese band (sung in Mandarin, preferably/but i'll listen to Cantonese, too) that sound similiar to Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Within Temptation, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, FalloutBoy, Flyleaf, et cetera.
Does anyone have any recomendations?
The genres of those above are: symphonic metal, rock, punk, and such.
One c-rock band I know of, a visual band actually, is Silver Ash. I'll try to find some more if I can, but here is a link to one of their songs:

Silver Ash - Sleep
Anagre
One c-rock band I know of, a visual band actually, is Silver Ash. I'll try to find some more if I can, but here is a link to one of their songs:

Silver Ash - Sleep

I have listened to Silver Ash prior, but am not too much of a fan of their music. :/ Thanks though.
I've recently been listening to 五月天, or Mayday (they sing in Mandarin) & are really cool. But i'm still really looking for the symphonic metal.

i know the restrictments in China prevent a lot of rock and alternative bands, but i'm sure there has to be something underground....
CrimsonsDecayingRose
Anagre

Silver Ash - Sleep

I have listened to Silver Ash prior, but am not too much of a fan of their music. :/ Thanks though.
I've recently been listening to 五月天, or Mayday (they sing in Mandarin) & are really cool. But i'm still really looking for the symphonic metal.

i know the restrictments in China prevent a lot of rock and alternative bands, but i'm sure there has to be something underground....

They do have a lot of restrictions -_-; It's sad.

I'll keep looking for more underground bands for you. I'll post them if I find any!

Timid Explorer

I came. To this thread. To deliver a message.
        ... Card games on motorcycles. User Image

Nah~ I'm kidding.
        But, I do come bearing a new recommendation.

Antikaruna
        Country/Genre: Japanese Alternative Rock
        Summary: Initially formed as Ladybug Thrusts in 2002 in Toronto, Canada. However, due to member inconsistency the band did not truly take shape until guitarist Satoshi returned to Japan in 2008, where he recruited vocalist Haruka. In the summer of 2009, they changed their name from Ladybug Thrusts to Antikaruna and released their first mini-album 'a false distinction.' The band is currently on hiatus.
        Recommended Songs: Save me from darkness, Derringer, Just like a spider's web

---

Also, can anyone recommend me any good industrial or alternative metal bands? I'm craving new music. I'm also open to all languages. :3

Added (:

Lemme try to find some new suggestions for you. Every band I thought of, I know you're already familiar with XD

Vampire

My eyes went *pop* when I saw JJ Lin wasn't on the list so here he is~ heart

1. Artist: JJ Lin (Lin Jun Jie)

2. Music Genre: Pop, R&B (mostly Pop though)

3. Summary of the band: From Singapore, sings in Mandarin and English. In July 2007, he broke a Guinness record by signing 3,052 CDs in 2 hours and 30 minutes. During the signing, he was not allowed to drink or eat. The average time for him to sign a CD was 2.7 seconds.

He has released 8 albums so far and 1 compilation album.

Plus he sings pretty love songs ^^

4. Recommended Songs:

Also check out Mei Ren Yu and Dang Ni.
Added! Thank you (:

Dapper Dabbler

I was actually surprised to see no Middle Eastern music on here at all. So I'm starting a trend. xD

1. Nancy Ajram
2. Lebanese pop
3. Summary of the band: She released her first studio album when she fifteen years old with the help of her father and is presently a multi-platinum singer. By 2007, she had sold over 30 million records, making her the 3rd best selling female artist in Lebanese history.
Ya Tab Tab Wa Dalla - Nancy Ajram
Added! Thank you very much, I look forward to more suggestions from you! We need more Middle Eastern music! ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff