Welcome to Gaia! ::

xKisekii
User Image

Bleh. Posting on main account. [Ish Teto x3]
The UTAU is great, but the program sucks.
My sister downloaded a thing to make Miku sing before.
She failed. 8'3

Art above not by me.

UTAU is getting better though, I am sure it will get better soon, the programmer has been working on it a lot.
Yeah. It's only version 0.2
It took a couple months for that version to come up. It will be a while, but when UTAU 1.00 comes out, I'm sure it'll sound great!
Zpander
Yeah. It's only version 0.2
It took a couple months for that version to come up. It will be a while, but when UTAU 1.00 comes out, I'm sure it'll sound great!

I think utau is still under beta like its at a testing stage to see the feedbacks of others I wish it was open source though, so people would be able to customize them and make some development projects and such..... but if it was open source I am sure.... Crypton will put a lawsuit on him too.
User Image

If UTAU is still in beta form, how can these people from NicoNicoDouga make these videos? :/

Art above not by me.
xKisekii
User Image

If UTAU is still in beta form, how can these people from NicoNicoDouga make these videos? :/

Art above not by me.

like its open beta kind of like zomg, its not as perfect as vocaloid, is what I am saying... it takes few bits and pieces of trials and getting opinions of others to fix it.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kaito -iVocaloid-
Zpander
Kaito -iVocaloid-

well i can make vocaloids sing in scale so thats fine and I can understand japanese so I wouldnt need any tutorials on those parts either

Wait. ...than... Can you understand the tutorial of how to make voices? All I did was replace Teto's voice files with mine, and it sounded horrible... crying

yes I can. but if its not worked with Japanese letters it will sound bit weird... so to work out these vocaloids, u wil have to know how to sound different in ways of lets say....

"iku" and if that sounds bad u would type "ikuuu" or "iiiku" or "iiikuuu" or "icku" because when you sing there is pronounciations...

the thing with utau is that its more robotic than the real vocaloid so far... so its really difficult to make it sound good unless, you know the characteristics of the program and what it is good for.

That's why I'm hoping for an English version xD however since I have some of the voices already I noticed that the default voices (Dehuo and I think Rubu) seem to have been made with a computer program and that's why they sound so robotic, however Teto sounds like a person actually sang the syllables. Unfortunitely getting Teto to sing long notes is hard because when the program stretches the sound, since hers is not uniform, it sounds horrible but the others being computerized and stuff sound a lot better but they sound very robotic.
I managed to get Dehuo to sing Last Regrets and it doesn't sound to bad. Maybe I'll post the "video" on youtube once I finish drawing Dehuo in Kanon style and link here xD uh look forward to it? xD

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHP2PtGaOv4
OK I will not lie, I think the song came out as complete fail but a friend of mine liked it (maybe because she is my friend lol) but at least this proves that someone who knows no Japanese can actually use UTAU xD.
yesi-chan
OK I will not lie, I think the song came out as complete fail but a friend of mine liked it (maybe because she is my friend lol) but at least this proves that someone who knows no Japanese can actually use UTAU xD.

its not that bad. I think its more of how English letters will make Japanese sound unnatural type of thing for both Utau and vocaloid for this case...

what I learned from Kaito's videos like L'Arc en Ciel's cover of Flower... you can make 5 kaitos sing it at once when u stretch the notes... and it will sound un-robotic... and making 2 kaitos sing at once did sound more natural too.

just a suggestion to solve the roboticness of it.
I completed my UTAU voice bank! It was a lot easier to make than I thought. Of course, I still fail at UTAU, although I'm gonna try to make a song with him 'cause someone put an english tutorial for the basics, and I get it now.

Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knq_GdEXRVQ

My UTAULOID!^^ ...heh. sorry...: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XE5E4OTS
Zpander
I completed my UTAU voice bank! It was a lot easier to make than I thought. Of course, I still fail at UTAU, although I'm gonna try to make a song with him 'cause someone put an english tutorial for the basics, and I get it now.

Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knq_GdEXRVQ

My UTAULOID!^^ ...heh. sorry...: ]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XE5E4OTS

would be cool if u can post it on youtube but I will dl it.
I guess I could open an already made .ust with him. I'll do that when I get on the correct computer. I could also open a .vsq, but I don't have any. neutral

You guys don't by chance have any would you?
Zpander
I guess I could open an already made .ust with him. I'll do that when I get on the correct computer. I could also open a .vsq, but I don't have any. neutral

You guys don't by chance have any would you?

I only have kaito.. and I tried Utau but it wasnt my kind of thing so I still use kaito... so I can only help u with some stuff like editing and such or japanese things
But... Don't the VOCALOID files save as .vsq? I found some converter for VOCALOID to UTAU, but I haven't tried it out.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Zpander
But... Don't the VOCALOID files save as .vsq? I found some converter for VOCALOID to UTAU, but I haven't tried it out.

You can just import vsq files into UTAU. Instead of opening a regular file choose the option with the I next to it (which I correctly assumed to be Import) and it has several file types available, like midi, vsq and such.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kaito -iVocaloid-
yesi-chan

its not that bad. I think its more of how English letters will make Japanese sound unnatural type of thing for both Utau and vocaloid for this case...

what I learned from Kaito's videos like L'Arc en Ciel's cover of Flower... you can make 5 kaitos sing it at once when u stretch the notes... and it will sound un-robotic... and making 2 kaitos sing at once did sound more natural too.

just a suggestion to solve the roboticness of it.

I don't think it has to do with the english letters since basically I had to change the filenames (if you've tried UTAU you know what I mean since the voice bank is just a bunch of wav files) However the making sing more of the same character at once intrigues me but I don't know how to go about it O.o any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff