Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your favourite release by Versailles?

The Revenant Choir 0.20376175548589 20.4% [ 130 ]
Lyrical Sympathy 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 58 ]
A Noble was Born in Chaos 0.025078369905956 2.5% [ 16 ]
NOBLE 0.10971786833856 11.0% [ 70 ]
PRINCE 0.078369905956113 7.8% [ 50 ]
I like them all equally! 0.39968652037618 40.0% [ 255 ]
Gold option~ 0.092476489028213 9.2% [ 59 ]
Total Votes:[ 638 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 173 174 175 > >> >>> »|

Versailles
ヴェルサイユ
User Image

Versailles officially started activity on 2007.06.24 and is signed to Sherow Artist Society, which is ran by Kamijo.

From the Versailles Official Myspace:
"In March 2007, Versailles was formed by KAMIJO (ex LAREINE) and HIZAKI (ex SULFURIC ACID), then Jasmine You, who was from Jakura and HIZAKI’s solo project, HIZAKI grace project, joined. Lastly, TERU (ex. Aikaryu) and YUKI (ex. Sugar Trip), who were strongly recommended by the Rock May Kan, which is a long established venue in Tokyo, joined the band.

KAMIJO and HIZAKI already had a concept of a new band since Autumn 2006 and took six months to find the appropriate members to express it. Their concept is “The absolute Youshikibi (beauty of form) sound and extremes of aestheticism”.

On the 29th of March, the names of the members were revealed, the name of the band being announced on March 30. On the 2nd of May, they posted a trailer for Versailles’s appearance on YouTube. Since then, they received a lot of proposals for tours and interviews from overseas. So far they have interviews with only international media/press.

At the end of May, a German documentary TV crew came to Japan and the band was interviewed. In June, the interviews with the German TV crews were on Sankei Newspaper (one of Japan's domestic newspapers) and Versailles was featured in the article. Because of the large amount feedback, “Versailles Band” was in Yahoo's top 5 search-keyword ranking. Since then they have been featured on TV as the hottest band.

Versailles made their first appearance with a showcase on June 23rd, followed by their first performance on the 24th. On these dates they also distributed their very first single and DVD single, The Revenant Choir."

Members
User Image
KAMIJO
Vocal
History: BIJIREIKU (美辞麗句) → MALICE MIZER roadie → LALIENE → LAREINE → NEW SODMY → LAREINE → Versailles
Birthdate: 1975.07.19
Blood type: O
Birthplace: Kanagawa prefecture (according to interviews), Setagaya district, Tokyo (according to vkdb)

User Image
HIZAKI
Guitar
History: GARNET GRAVE → Crack brain → GROTESQUE ROMANTICER (グロテスクロマンティッカー) → Schwardix Marvally → SULFURIC ACID → HIZAKI grace project → Versailles
Birthdate: 1979.02.17
Blood Type: AB
Birthplace: Kyoto

User Image
TERU
Guitar
History: 藍華柳~Aikaryu~ → 藍華柳、HIZAKI grace project → 藍華柳、Versailles(SUPPORT) → Versailles
Birthdate: 04.10
Blood Type: O
Birthplace: Kyoto

User Image
Jasmine You
Bass
History: Jakura (雀羅) → HIZAKI (SUPPORT) → HIZAKI grace project → Versailles(Jasmine You)
Birthdate: 03.08
Blood Type: B
Birthplace: Aichi-prefecture

User Image
YUKI
Drums
History: SugarTrip → (Alively Sanctuary) → Versailles
Birthdate: 02.18
Blood Type: A
Birthplace: Secret

News

▼ CDJapan has announced that the photobook release date has been pushed back from October 15th to October 22nd. So everyone will have to wait a little longer for it.

-- Versailles first photobook is avaliable for purchase on CDJapan! However, the deadline to order is September 30,2008! There's no news if it'll be avaliable to order overseas elsewhere yet, but if there is, we'll have it up ASAP! Teru said in his blog that he'll post more details about the photobook, so hopefully there will be more info soon.

▼ On the Versailles OHP news page, it was announced that Versailles will be releasing their first photobook! It'll be avaliable Japan-wide in bookstores in early October and will contain photos from the Europe and American lives! It will be published through DIGEX,INC and will cost 4,000 (tax incl).

▼ According to the Sherow Artist Society page, Versailles will be releasing normal editions of their sold-out albums, Lyrical Sympathy and NOBLE. They will be released on October 22, 2008. Both will be different from the first pressings: Lyrical Sympathy will have a renewed jacket, whereas NOBLE will have PRINCE as a bonus track but will lack the PV DVD and the design of the booklet will be different from the first pressing.

Lyrical Sympathy will cost 2,625, and NOBLE will cost 3,150!

▼ Versailles's new name for their United States activities will be Versailles -Philharmonic Quintet-. The name is said to be only temporary because they do say they plan to go back to "Versailles" in the future but their name will still be and continue to be just Versailles in Japan.

▼ For more news, please check out The Revenant Choir: A Versailles Fansite.

Discography

Versailles first Photobook "Versailles-Philharmonic Quintet-"

chariots x Versailles 9/13 osaka-limited coupling CD
2008.09.13 Free distributed

01. Versailles - PRINCE

NOBLE

01. Prelude
02. Aristocrat's Symphony
03. Antique in the Future
04. Second Fear~Another Descendant~
05. zombie
06. After Cloudia
07. windress
08. The Revenant Choir
09. to The Chaos Inside
10. SUZERAIN
11. History of The Other Side
12. Episode

A Noble Was Born in Chaos
2008.03.19 1575yen
Live-Only Release at Shibuya AX live on March 19th.
Limited to one per person.

01. Aristocrat's Symphony
02. SUZERAIN
03. zombie

CROSS GATE 2008~chaotic sorrow~
2008.01.31 mail order sale
2008.03.26 public sale

06. SFORZANDO

Aesthetic Violence
2007.12.12 5800yen each (Tax incl.)
Includes DVD and each members own created fragrance.

Kamijo -「Louis」
HIZAKI -「Princess Stairs」
TERU -「B.P.T」
You -「Elegant Jasmine」
YUKI -「Dark Master」

CUPIA Vol.1
2007.11.14 3150yen (Tax incl.)

14. The Red Carpet Day

Lyrical Sympathy

01. Intro
02. The Love from a Dead Orchestra
03. Shout & Bites
04. Beast of Desire
05. Forbidden Gate
06. The Red Carpet Day
07. Sympathia

The Revenant Choir SINGLE
2007.06.23 Live-Only Release
Last sale date: 08/30 @ The Red Carpet Day live

01. The Revenant Choir
02. The Revenant Choir-Voice Lesson-
03. The Revenant Choir-Bass Lesson-
04. The Revenant Choir-Drum Lesson-
05. The Revenant Choir-Guitar Lesson-

The Revenant Choir DVD
2007.06.23 Live-Only Release

01. The Revenant Choir PV
Live Schedule
▲ 2007/11/05(Mon) Sherow Artist Society Presents "Country-wide TOUR Nihon Tanbi Kakumei"
Venue: Sendai HOOK
Bands: Versailles / Kaya / Juka / UnsraW / Dali / WEDNESDAY / ACTWEED / MoNoLith

▲ 2007/11/11(Sun) Visunavi Presents "Mixed Candies Vol.7~aki no VISUAL matsuri~"
Venue: Kawasaki CLUB CITTA / Serbian Night / Bottoms Up
Bands: Kawasaki CLUB CITTA: Versailles / GHOST / Irokui / Order Made / SKULL / secret guest(s)
Serbian Night: as.milk / Anjyu' / JIVE / more bands announced on 11/10
Bottoms Up: ANUBIS / ensoku / harienju / FeaDior

▲ 2007/11/14(Wed) Sherow Artist Society Presents "Nihon Tanbi Kakumei" -Special Performance-
Venue: Okayama CRAZYMAMA 2nd Room
Bands: Versailles / Kaya / Juka / Dali

▲ 2007/11/16(Fri) ""
Venue: Fukuoka SON

▲ 2007/11/18(Sun) ""
Venue: Nagoya ell.FITS ALL

▲ 2007/11/20(Tues) ""
Venue: OSAKA MUSE
Bands: Versailles / Kaya / Juka / UnsraW / Dali / Secret guest(s)

▲ 2007/12/01(Sat) FAKE&LIAR Vol 22
Venue: HOLIDAY SHINJUKU
Bands: Not yet listed.

▲ 2007/12/21(Fri) "The same belief -Rose and Fluorescence light-" ANTI FEMINISM vs Versailles
Venue: Meguro RockMayKan
Bands: ANTI FEMINISM / Versailles

For more indepth information about times and prices, please check the OHP.
Welcome to the new informational and hopefully constantly updated Versailles thread! Since my friend and I have dedicated ourselves to working on making a fan-site for Versailles, I decided to make this thread, so everyone could discuss and new people could learn all about Versailles! If you haven't heard of them yet, check the OHP for a sound sample, or check the youtube link to watch their PV!

So, is anyone else amused by Kamijo's announcement regarding the female-only live coming up? XD

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i just saw the news today about the female only live, and i don't think it's very fair =( lol. since i'm sure girls dressed as guys couldn't have gotten into the male-only event (unless they had to show id with their sex on it.. lol). well.. maybe they could have... but they'd have to be very convincing guys... buuuut i think that he made an announcement is hilarious. and i could only think of how xxx he was.
[Paradise.Lost]
i just saw the news today about the female only live, and i don't think it's very fair =( lol. since i'm sure girls dressed as guys couldn't have gotten into the male-only event (unless they had to show id with their sex on it.. lol). well.. maybe they could have... but they'd have to be very convincing guys... buuuut i think that he made an announcement is hilarious. and i could only think of how xxx he was.

True, but I wonder if he let in girls that could pass for males before? I'm not sure. They -do- seem to have quite a male audience though, haha. I was shocked to see the video for the male-only live and how many men were there! It is unfair, but I totally want to be there just to see how many show up crossdressing XD;;;

And weee, the fansite is coming along! I managed to translate the lyrics, too (all.. one line + one word of them -cough-). Hopefully they'll put up some more information for me to translate!
-pokes forum- Surely there are Versailles fans around!
Our Versailles fansite is nearly done~ -wiggle-
You can check out the link in my sig. ^-^/

Explorer

I'm quite the fan of Juka (haha, wonder what could give you that impression), and I absolutely adored all of HIZAKI Grace Project's songs. Versailles looks interesting - I can't wait to hear more of Hizaki and Kamijo's compositions, even though I don't like Kamijo's voice all that much. X_X But I enjoyed the Revenant Choir.

And the whole Boys only/Girls only live stuff struck me as kinda weird since I'd never heard of anyone doing that before reading this announcement. Is that relatively typical in Japan (and here in the states, even?)
I love Kamijo-san's work so far so I'm excited for Versailles.
Zeldana
I'm quite the fan of Juka (haha, wonder what could give you that impression), and I absolutely adored all of HIZAKI Grace Project's songs. Versailles looks interesting - I can't wait to hear more of Hizaki and Kamijo's compositions, even though I don't like Kamijo's voice all that much. X_X But I enjoyed the Revenant Choir.

And the whole Boys only/Girls only live stuff struck me as kinda weird since I'd never heard of anyone doing that before reading this announcement. Is that relatively typical in Japan (and here in the states, even?)

I'm new to Kamijo's voice myself.. I think probably with the music there could've been a better choice for vocalist, but well then it wouldn't be partially Kamijo's project. I'm just hoping I'll like in more after a while~

It's not new in VK, at least. I'm not sure about in other scenes, though. But yeah, I've seen plenty of other VK bands do it before. I've even seen one where you could only get in if you were in cosplay, or something like that (I can't remember exactly, but it was for a Fatima live, I remember that much). They like to do things like that sometimes XD

And yay, more fans : D

Explorer

Never.Rebellion
I'm new to Kamijo's voice myself.. I think probably with the music there could've been a better choice for vocalist, but well then it wouldn't be partially Kamijo's project. I'm just hoping I'll like in more after a while~

It's not new in VK, at least. I'm not sure about in other scenes, though. But yeah, I've seen plenty of other VK bands do it before. I've even seen one where you could only get in if you were in cosplay, or something like that (I can't remember exactly, but it was for a Fatima live, I remember that much). They like to do things like that sometimes XD

The only songs I thoroughly enjoyed from Kamijo's Lareine days were Kyokutou no Koibito and Gypsy... other than that, his voice sounds a bit too nasally for my taste. >.< I don't mind his compositions, however.

And, well, actually, I lied - I'd heard about Shiina Ringo having concerts only for people between the ages of 18-26, or something weird like that, so that wasn't much different, I guess? XD And I can kind of almost imagine Psycho le Cemu throwing together a weird cosplay rule like the one you mentioned, but then again I think they were too nice for that. XD

Ah well. According to Versailles' Myspace, they're working on recording some new tracks as we converse. biggrin
Zeldana
Never.Rebellion

The only songs I thoroughly enjoyed from Kamijo's Lareine days were Kyokutou no Koibito and Gypsy... other than that, his voice sounds a bit too nasally for my taste. >.< I don't mind his compositions, however.

And, well, actually, I lied - I'd heard about Shiina Ringo having concerts only for people between the ages of 18-26, or something weird like that, so that wasn't much different, I guess? XD And I can kind of almost imagine Psycho le Cemu throwing together a weird cosplay rule like the one you mentioned, but then again I think they were too nice for that. XD

Ah well. According to Versailles' Myspace, they're working on recording some new tracks as we converse. biggrin

I've actually never listened to Lareine, haha. I followed Teru from Aikaryu to Versailles ^^; Yeah, his voice is a bit nasal, and the engrish didn't help much. I'm hoping their next songs won't have so much engrish (or goofy intro plz xAx lol).

Yeah, I've been watching their myspace! I was happy to see a post from Teru there~ and I had to comment to him naturally. XD I'm so happy he's an official member now~ x3
I love Versailles smile
Have been following Kamijo's carreer for a while, as he was the one who got me interested in Jrock to begin with, so I'm quite used to his voice. I'm really looking forward to see them later this year.

(@Never.Rebellion: Jasmine's bloodtype is B)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff