Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your favourite release by Versailles?

The Revenant Choir 0.20376175548589 20.4% [ 130 ]
Lyrical Sympathy 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 58 ]
A Noble was Born in Chaos 0.025078369905956 2.5% [ 16 ]
NOBLE 0.10971786833856 11.0% [ 70 ]
PRINCE 0.078369905956113 7.8% [ 50 ]
I like them all equally! 0.39968652037618 40.0% [ 255 ]
Gold option~ 0.092476489028213 9.2% [ 59 ]
Total Votes:[ 638 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 173 174 175

Feral Diedrich

I was devastated, myself, when finding out the news.

Though, I am also hoping it's just a hiatus. One of my biggest dreams is to see them perform, and maybe even meet them, so I can thank them for changing my life. heart
Oh! Oh! Masashi and Yuki updated their blogs!
They basically reposted the original announcement and their personal comments that have already graciously been posted here.
BUT, there's one HUGE difference. Instead of using "stop of all activities," they are now using "hiatus"!
Quote:
Notification of hiatus from Versailles

Dear our loyal fans and supporters in the world,

Versailles is going to take a hiatus at the end of 2012. In the 5th
anniversary year for us, we have kept seeking for our new musical
direction to enter a higher stage of Versailles. During that process
of discovering a new musical direction, we felt strong need and desire
to step outside of the band to inspire each of us to be a better
musician. This hiatus is for focusing on each member’s own
musicability that we will definitely bring all our new inputs to
Versailles when we are ready to be back together.

Since the beginning of the band, our main theme has always been ROSE.
With all the stories we have told in our music for the past 5 years,
we have gotten to the point where our 5th anniversary song “ROSE”
represents what ROSE really means to Versailles. That also determined
our hiatus to breathe in the fresh air outside the band.

Our new album is to be released in September and the last Japan tour
before our hiatus follows, which ends at NHK Hall in Tokyo on December
20, 2012.

We are incredibly grateful for your endless support for all those
years. And we appreciate your continuous support and love for
Versailles and future activities of each member. Thank you!! WE’RE
VERSAILLES!!!

July 20th, 2012

Versailles
YMN corporation

^ From Yuki's blog
...This makes me very happy.

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
thank you all for sharing the news !
I've been reading from different websites, and everyone has something different to say.
"activity pause" "hiatus" "disbandment"
I'm also hoping for the best !~

when I heard the news, my heart fell.
I didn't want to believe it as truth...
Versailles is such a lovely band, I would hate to see them stop creating music...
I regret not seeing them at A-Kon but have high hopes for their future.
crying heart

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
@SkyDragon70: Yes, thank u for repostuing the blog. I too was really sad and a freaked out to reead the different posts and comments of other sad fans. While I'm really sad about the possible hiatus, I hope it's just that and I think it's ok for them to take a break. They've been doing it for a while now. I do hope they come back because I've yet to see them in concert and I'm a huge fan! heart heart heart heart heart

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I hope the hiatus doesn't last very long
Alright guys, some news.
First of all, Versailles has released their new look, as well as the album art for both the limited and regular editions of "Versailles". Feel free to check everything out at versailles.syncl.jp.

Secondly..

Kamijo has announced in a recent blog post that the translation of interviews, tweets, blogs, lyrics, or anything of that sort, is no longer allowed.
On top of this, as previously announced, the scanning of images/articles, stealing/sharing of blog photos, and uploading any music or video is also not allowed.

Obviously this post is going against Kamijo's wishes, but I feel that it is necessary to get the message out there.

Take that as you will.

Dapper Dabbler

SkyDragon70
Alright guys, some news.
First of all, Versailles has released their new look, as well as the album art for both the limited and regular editions of "Versailles". Feel free to check everything out at versailles.syncl.jp.

Secondly..

Kamijo has announced in a recent blog post that the translation of interviews, tweets, blogs, lyrics, or anything of that sort, is no longer allowed.
On top of this, as previously announced, the scanning of images/articles, stealing/sharing of blog photos, and uploading any music or video is also not allowed.

Obviously this post is going against Kamijo's wishes, but I feel that it is necessary to get the message out there.

Take that as you will.

I totally understand about the photos...but seriously, saying fans can't translate things into their own language? What a bunch of bull. That is a big slap in the face to all international fans.
Rosalyrica
I totally understand about the photos...but seriously, saying fans can't translate things into their own language? What a bunch of bull. That is a big slap in the face to all international fans.

I agree, it's total bull. The majority of their fans are international, so I have no clue why they would want to do this. How are we supposed to know what's going on? There's no way I'm relying on Google Translate.
I guess Versailles, or at least Kamijo, just doesn't care about overseas fans as much as we thought they did.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
SkyDragon70
Rosalyrica

I agree, it's total bull. The majority of their fans are international, so I have no clue why they would want to do this. How are we supposed to know what's going on? There's no way I'm relying on Google Translate.
I guess Versailles, or at least Kamijo, just doesn't care about overseas fans as much as we thought they did.

I haven't posted in this thread for a long time (still been a Versailles fan, just been pre-occupied with other things, both offline and online). I'm sad to hear of their hiatus, but I'm just glad its not an official break up. And in a way I can understand them needing a break- they've been touring and recording, producing multiple new full length and mini albums.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around Kamijo's (or whoever's decsion it actually was, I don't know, but as it came from Kamijo's blog I'm assuming its either his own words or he is being the spokesperson for that decision) not to allow translations of blogs.....I can not even fathom a reason why- unless Versailles, who are taking a hiatus from activities- are also going to hire a professional translator(s) to translate their blogs/ official posts, interviews, etc into other languages?

Somehow, I don't feel thats the case. If so, they are doing their international fans a disservice. If their announcements, blogs, etc are to be untranslated, non-Japanese speaking/ reading fans will not know when possible tour dates or new album releases are. (and if fans don't know when a new album or whatever is being released, they would be unable to buy it, thus I think over-seas sales will drop). Though, considering their hiatus, that is a moot point. xd

But, from my understanding- when Versailles originally formed, before they went major, their whole intention was to build an over-seas fanbase (wasn't that why they had a myspace profile, etc?)

I really do wonder what prompted this unexpected decision to no longer allow translations. question The only things I can think of are maybe- when/ if they ever come off of hiatus- they want to be active only in Japan, no more overseas tours, etc, and focus their efforts only on their Japanese (or international fans living in Japan xd ). Either that, or for whatever reason, they want everything completely frozen on their haitus (including translations of their old works, interviews, etc). But if that would be the case, then would they object to continuing overseas sales?

I've tried and I really can't wrap my head around this. O.o. Perhaps forthcoming blog entries by Kamijo himself, other band members, or an offical announcement will clear this issue up.

I do wonder, though- without being given a clear reason for this decision, will overseas fans comply? I do not have any translated material of theirs but if I did and had it posted in a blog or so, hmm.......if the band had a clear, reasonable reason to their request, I'd comply but....on one hand, as a fan I want to respect their decision. But on the other, I'm like O.o wtf? why?"

Divorced Divorcee

70,375 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Partygoer 500
Just saw this on CDJapan

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1340151

Curious to get it, but the price...and still haven't ordered the new album yet -_-

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I gotta say that no matter what Kamijo or anyone says, photos will be copied, translations will be made and videos will be copied and uploaded. Its been happening all along and I don`t think any fan does it will bad intentions. We love Versailles and we`ll still buy all of their stuff and support them whether we have access to this `free`content or not. I wanna say this is probably the management speaking through Kamijo with fears of losing money from the sharing, which we all know is NOT THE CASE at all. A slap in the face to the international fans for sure, which is why I don`t want to believe Kamijo believes in what he has said. The band loves and respects all of us fans and do what they do for us.

Dapper Dabbler

Kamijo cleared up this mess: http://kamijo.syncl.jp/?p=diary&di=916562

I'm sorry I got upset but now I understand where he's coming from. He didn't say people can't translate anything anymore, just the copyrighted publication stuff like magazines (which is completely reasonable).

I think a couple things blew everything out of proportion: 1) whoever it was on the street team who put out the message in English didn't understand what he was saying which made people (like me) get angry for no reason and 2) since you must pay and be a member to access Kamijo's blog there wasn't a way for outside people to confirm the news for themselves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff