Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about Big Bang winning the Worldwide Act EMA?

No words can describe!! 0.43333333333333 43.3% [ 13 ]
AMAZING!!! 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Surreal... 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
Shocked...I didn't expect this! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
PROUD. 0.4 40.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
This poll closed on December 9, 2011.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 83 84 85 > >>

WXEXLXCXOXMXEXXVXIXPXS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Intro ---

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen. Introducing, The New Official Big Bang Thread. I am your Hostess Cassie. I am a familiar and long time V.I.P.With all due respect, our former Gaian Kiwi Coffee does not have the time to maintain the old thread. It is my job now, to fill in all V.I.P's on the most Recent Big Bang news and information. I am still under construction, expect a lot of greatness and updates in the front page by the end of today! (4/25/2011)

Basic rules are as follows:

- NO fighting, unwanted cussing or teasing.
- TRY to keep conversations on thread PG-13.
- DO NOT to quote any of the posts on the first page.
- TRY not to go off topic.
- TRY to type in an understandable manner. No Chat/Txt Speak please.
- DO NOT advertise, if you would like me to affiliate you to this thread or advertise for you it must be BIG BANG/KPOP related.
- DO bump and post random awesome images and information about BIG BANG.
- PLEASE have fun and make lots of friends! :]

Please look forward to:

- Front Page Changes

-----------------------------------------

Quick Forum Links:

Intro
Members
Weekly News
VIP
MTV EMA
Blank
Music Videos
Choreography
Biography
Discography

BXIXG XXBXAXNXG XXMXEXMXBXEXRXS
Big Bang is under the Managment of YG Entertainment/Family.

User Image

Full Name: Kwon Ji Yong
Stage Name: G-dragon, GD
DOB: August 18, 1988
Height: 5ft. 8½ in.
Blood Type: A
Position: Leader
Talent: Writing lyrics, rapping, singing, etc.
Fun Facts: He was under YG Entertainment since age 12,
Acted in BOBO when he was 6, Mommy's boy,
Wrote poems/songs when he was only 10, had his first kiss when
he was only 13, most fashionable BB member, likes shopping, train with taeyang
since age 13(best friends too), close with T.O.P., has a sweet tooth,
single child, loves to eat Mom's food, likes to talk with noonas, enjoys
surfing the internet.

User Image

Full Name: Dong Young Bae
Stage Name: Taeyang, YB, SoL
DOB: May 18, 1988
Height: 5ft. 7in.
Blood Type: AB
Position: Lead Vocalist
Talent: Singing, dancing, etc.
Fun Facts: Has a six-pack, Plays piano, loves working out,
NEVER been on a date before(has ZERO gf's), very shy, used to rap
during trainee years with G-Dragon, loves to eat rice cakes, was known
for playing the organ in the church during teenage years, a lot of girls admire him,
shortest member in BB.

User Image

Full Name: Kang Daesung
Stage Name: Daesung, D-Lite
DOB: April 26, 1989
Height: 5ft. 8in.
Blood Type: O
Position: Vocalist
Talent: Singing, dancing, etc.
Fun Facts: Loves being humorous, likes to go out, loves to eat, he is known as the
'smiling angel' of Big Bang, has a low voice, sometimes can be clueless during interviews,
father did not approve of him becoming a singer but he still became one, likes to text.

User Image

Full Name: Lee Seunghyun
Stage Name: SeungRi, Victory, VI, Lil Seunghyun
DOB: Dec 12, 1990
Height: 5ft. 8in.
Blood Type: A
Position: Lead Choreographer
Talent: Dancing, singing, etc.
Fun Facts: Admires older women(between 22-30), likes to dance to girl songs,
likes to bboy, loves taking naps, known for having 'Panda eyes', fav animal
is pandas, sometimes very whiny, cares for his parents the most. SeungRi is the maknae.

User Image

Full Name: Choi Seunghyun
Stage Name: Tempo, Tabby, Big Seunghyun, T.O.P.(This is his current stage name right now)
DOB: November 4, 1987
Height: 5ft. 10in.
Blood Type: B
Position: Main Rapper
Talent: Rapping, singing, beatboxing, acting, etc.
Fun Facts: Like writing lyrics, very shy, known as Big bang's biggest jokester,
loves to eat & explore, weakest is dancing, has been working out out lately,
used to be chubby in younger years, sometimes very emotional, has a really
low voice, had first kiss when he was only 10, sometimes known as
the "Beast" of Big Bang, has a mysterious look, likes shopping shoes,
can only draw really well when it includes sports(like sneakers, soccerball, etc),
enjoys eating donuts, tallest member in BB, acted in korean dramas such as "IRIS", "I am Sam",
& "Into Gunfire"

MXUXSX IXCXXVXIX DXEXOXS

BXIXGXX BXAXNXGXX CXHXOXRXEXOXGXRXAXPXHXY

This section will contain Official and Unofficial choreography to Big Bang songs.
Some videos will be Big Bang, Movement Lifestyle, or Ordinary People!

A big chunk of Big Bang's Choreography is created by Movement Lifestyle, and Shaun Evaristo.

----------------------------------------------------------
WHO IS MOVEMENT LIFESTYLE?

Watch more episodes on Movement Lifestyle working with YG: HERE.

BIG BANG/SOLO DANCE PRACTICE

------------------------------------------------------------
KONORU PRODUCTIONS
------------------------------------------------------------

BXIXGX BXIXO

2005—2006: Formation
"Before Big Bang's major debut, each member had his own degree of success and popularity in the entertainment industry. Leader G-Dragon and lead vocalist Tae Yang had already been with YG Entertainment since they were both twelve years old, known as GD and YB back then. Member T.O.P was well known as T.E.M.P.O. when he was the well-known rapper working underground. Big Bang made their official debut at the YG Family concert, held on August 19, 2006 at the Gymnastics Arena in Seoul Olympic Park.

Prior to the release of their first album, the group had a unique release schedule, with three EPs released within a span of a few months. Their first EP was The First Single Album, which spawned the top-ten[citation needed] hit single "This Love", a remake of the American boy band Maroon 5's own single. The single debuted with over 17,000 copies sold in the month of August and later went on to sell approximately nearly 40,000 copies. The second EP Big Bang is V.I.P. was released a month later, selling 21,000 copies in that month. It finally netted sales of 32,000 copies. Their third and last EP, B I G B A N G 0 3, followed the success of their previous EPs with final sales nearing 30,000 copies.

Later in the year, Big Bang's own official fan club was created, calling themselves the "V.I.P." (in reflection of their second single "Big Bang is V.I.P." wink . Unlike other fan clubs, Big Bang's fans do not have a balloon color for showing support at concerts; instead, fans wave black and white BB (standing for Big Bang) handkerchiefs/bandannas until the First Season. After selection of Second Season V.I.P., their support items became a crown-shaped stick. At the end of December 2006, Big Bang held their very first concert titled The Real. The following month, their first debut album Since 2007, which was essentially a compilation of songs from their previous singles, was released; it sold 48,009 copies by the end of February 2007."

2009–present: Solo activities and comeback

With the group on break in early 2009, the members pursued solo activities. They later reunited to collaborate with their label's new girl group 2NE1, who had been dubbed "The Female Big Bang",for the song "Lollipop". A music video was also filmed for promotion. Initially used to promote a cell phone, "Lollipop" reached the #1 spot on various online charts.Their first self-titled full-length Japanese album was released under Universal Music in August 2009 and was promoted with two singles: "My Heaven" and "Gara Gara Go!!" (ガラガラ GO!!?). "My Heaven", a Japanese translation of their Korean single, "Heaven", (Korean: 천국; Revised Romanization: Cheonguk) from Stand Up, was composed by Japanese composer Daishi Dance,and debuted at #3 on the Oricon Chart."Gara Gara Go!" charted at #5.The album itself peaked at #3.After their return to Korea, the members went back to their solo activities. On August 18, G-Dragon released his debut album, Heartbreaker, promoting it with the album's title track.Taeyang released two digital singles, "Where U At?" and "Wedding Dress", to promote his second album released in 2010.T.O.P joined the cast of the Korean thriller drama Iris, playing the assassin Vick. They later reunited to record the song "Koe o Kikasete" (声をきかせて, Let Me Hear Your Voice?) for the Japanese drama Ohitorisama ( おひとりさま, One Person?). The song was later released as a single, peaking at #4.

For several days in January 2010, Big Bang performed their 2010 Big Bang Concert Big Show in the Seoul Olympic Stadium.The following month, they embarked on their Electric Love tour in Japan.Although no official albums were recorded, 2010 saw the release of several singles for the group with promotional ties. The release of "Lollipop Part 2" in February, the follow-up to their single, "Lollipop", with 2NE1, was used to coincide with promotions for LG Cyon's Lollipop phone. and also reached number one on digital charts. Their next single, "Tell Me Goodbye" was recorded for the Japanese re-release of Korean drama Iris.The song proved to be popular gaining favorable reviews winning the Best Song Award at the 52nd Japan Record Awards. Additionally, tying in with the 2010 World Cup, the group released the song "Shout of the Reds" featuring the Korean rock band, Transfixion and ice skater Kim Yu-na.

For most of the year, the members individually promoted their own solo works and solo activities, including the release of the GD & T.O.P. unit with their collaboration album and the release of Seungri's first mini album titled "VVIP." Big Bang also won several notable awards, including the Best 5 New Artists award from the 24th Japan Gold Disc Award as well as the Best New Artist.Near the end of May, the group received the awards for 'Best Pop Video' and 'Best New Artist" from the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2010.They released their latest Japanese single "Beautiful Hangover" on August 25, 2010.

After nearly two year hiatus as a full group, Big Bang returned to South Korea with their 2011 Big Show concert.They also showcased songs from their latest EP Tonight,which went on to become a chart-topper upon its release on many Korean music chart. The album also became the first K-pop album to reach the top 10 on US iTunes chart and is the only non-English language album in the top 100.The album had a pre-sale order of 10,000 copies in Cyworld, beating the record set by TVXQ's 6,500 copies back in 2008. Overall reception for the EP has been positive, with Choi Jun of Asiae complimenting the group's new direction in their music, acknowledging that during the two years hiatus, the group's "style and musical sensibility [had] deepened." Seven days after the album's release, it was reported that Big Bang had already earn ₩7 billion (USD$6.2 million). In a week, 100,000 album copies were sold. Its lead-single of the name became a chart-topper on the Gaon Chart. The second single, "Love Song", also proved to be favorable; the music video on YouTube gained 2 million views within two days.
BXIXGXX BXAXNXGXX DXIXSXCXOXGXRXAXPXHXY

User Image

Korean Discography

Studio Albums

* Bigbang Vol.1 (2006 )
* Remember (2008 )

Extended plays

* Always (2007 )
* Hot Issue (2007 )
* Stand Up (2008 )
* Tonight (2011 )

Compilation albums

* Bigbang Special Edition (2011 )

Singles

* First Single (2006 )
* Second Single (2006 )
* Third Single (2006 )

-----------------

Japanese Discography

Studio Albums

* Number 1 (2008 )
* Big Bang (2009 )
* Big Bang 2 (2011 )

Extended plays

* For the World (2008 )
* With U (2008 )

Compilation albums

* Asia Best 2006-2009 (2009 )

Singles

* My Heaven (2009 )
* Gara Gara Go! (2009 )
* Koe wo Kikasete (2009 )
* Tell Me Goodbye (2010 )
* Beautiful Hangover (2010 )

---------------------------------------------

Solo/Duo Discography:

[Under Construction]

Studio Albums
* Heartbraker [G-Dragon] (2009)
* HOT [Taeyang]
* SOLAR [Taeyang]
* High High [GD&TOP] (2010)
* V [Seungri] (2011)

Singles

----------------------------

Concerts and tours

* The Real Concert (2006 )
* Want You (2007 )
* Big Bang is G.R.E.A.T. (2007 )
* Global Warning (2008 )
* Stand Up (2008 )
* Big Show (2009 )
* Big Show (2010 )
* Electric Love Tour (2010 )
* Big Show (2011 )
* Love & Hope Tour (2011 )

Happy birthday Daesungieeee!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

User Image
@choomtop I love your pic of Daesung. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
What happened to the old one?
Angel Nuria
What happened to the old one?

The old one is outdated in front page info and the Gaian who made the old thread, officially left Gaia for good. (I contacted her asking her about the old forum before.) I asked Moderators permission to create a new updated Official thread and they agreed. :]

I think a new updated thread is well deserved for Big Bang, VIPs and New Fans, also for contest/activities that will be held weekly for fun.
choomtop
Happy birthday Daesungieeee!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

That's an awesome picture! :]
Your avatar looks a lot like TOP. Haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items