Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Quote:
12] This forum is only about Asian music. scream I'm mad about it and I'm going to let the world know...

Please focus your energy away from making threads like this into making threads that are informative about different regions of the world outside of Asia. That way, a new resource will be available for individuals who are just as weary as you are with the extreme focus on East Asian music. The people who do listen to music outside of Japan, Korea and China are more populous than you think, and they will be quite happy to talk to you about different regions if you were to make a thread about it.

Well, IF you do a thread, say about Russian music, people will come, but soon abandon it because they maybe forgot to subscript or because the forum gets overflowed. So I really don't get why you don't make a sub-forum for non-east asian music. Then people will be more willing to come and talk and find it easier. Besides you have a sub-forum for (almost) every other genre. So, make one where all non-east asian and, say, european and african music that don't fit into the genres' sub-forums have their own, east-asian invasion free, sub-forum!
bizarre hunter

Well, IF you do a thread, say about Russian music, people will come, but soon abandon it because they maybe forgot to subscript or because the forum gets overflowed. So I really don't get why you don't make a sub-forum for non-east asian music. Then people will be more willing to come and talk and find it easier. Besides you have a sub-forum for (almost) every other genre. So, make one where all non-east asian and, say, european and african music that don't fit into the genres' sub-forums have their own, east-asian invasion free, sub-forum!

I agree with this. It makes no sense to have the non- EastAsian threads lost in a sea of J-Rock, K-pop, etc. Since they are so obviously a minority, it's better for them to have their own sub-forum(s).

8,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Majnooni
bizarre hunter

I agree with this. It makes no sense to have the non- EastAsian threads lost in a sea of J-Rock, K-pop, etc. Since they are so obviously a minority, it's better for them to have their own sub-forum(s).

Indeed. I see about 3-4 non- east asian music threads here, and when I try to find them again they're probably on pg 10 of this sub-forum. Either people need to understand the word International or they need to make a new sub(-sub) forum.

Indebted Evader

10,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
AWESOMENESS!

400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
omfg biggrin

4,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
crying omg im in love with j-pop and k-pop im just really bad with names T-T its horrible please i only know like two bands it would be nice to get to know which bands are cool smile

Astounding Enchantress

Ronnie Is Crazy
Majnooni
bizarre hunter

Indeed. I see about 3-4 non- east asian music threads here, and when I try to find them again they're probably on pg 10 of this sub-forum. Either people need to understand the word International or they need to make a new sub(-sub) forum.

Yes! Does anyone want to make a petition for this? I would sign. I love East Asian music as well, but when I'm in the mood for something different it is so hard to find here.
Um... I'd absolutely be all for a separate forum for east Asian music XD I hate that 99% of threads posted that aren't JPop, JRock, or KPop, get ignored. That or people are just not willing to post those threads, because like Majnooni siad, they get lost with in all the east Asian threads.
Kachi Firebird
Ronnie Is Crazy
Majnooni
bizarre hunter

Yes! Does anyone want to make a petition for this? I would sign. I love East Asian music as well, but when I'm in the mood for something different it is so hard to find here.
OH GOD YES. People have more luck asking for French or German reccomendations on the Gaia International forum than here.

Feral Goat

Anagre
Um... I'd absolutely be all for a separate forum for east Asian music XD I hate that 99% of threads posted that aren't JPop, JRock, or KPop, get ignored. That or people are just not willing to post those threads, because like Majnooni siad, they get lost with in all the east Asian threads.
Petitons have been made, but no response from the admins. The last one I know of had maybe fifteen people posting in it at max.. sad

Everyone posting here, realize this FAQ was made five years ago. The dynamics of the forum have changed. If there are issues that need to be addressed with the need for a non-Asian sub forum, your best chances at getting one is posting in site feedback and petitioning for it.

Mind-boggling Sex Symbol

8,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Canyou make an official thread for an artist that isn't Asian? Like a french group persay.
Gadzooks the Dragon
Canyou make an official thread for an artist that isn't Asian? Like a french group persay.

Of course you can! The International Music Forum isn't just for Asian bands, it's open to all bands and artists with no US releases. I'd love to see more non-Asian bands and artists here (:
i love j-pop and k-pop just felt like sharing stare

Fashionable Gaian

Ty for making this sticky :3
Nice info to know BTW heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items