Welcome to Gaia! ::

eek whee xp gonk neutral
Coach is dead
This forum is dedicated to mostly Japanese artists. eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

HOW about other country song, this Forums must be dedicate to all music loversssszzzzzzzz

Agreed.

I totally get it that probably eighty percent of the people on Gaia are Japanoholics, or other kinds of Asiaholics (myself included in certain respects!), but seriously, the name of this subforum needs to be changed to "J-Pop, K-Pop, and C-Pop ONLY," or something along those lines. Even if the original intent of this thread was to talk about all kinds of world music, this has definitely morphed into something that is not an "international music" thread - it's too focused on just east Asian pop/rock. I also feel that it's limited further by these huge lists of bands that keep coming up in the stickies. If this subforum is going to just be about east Asian music, then fine, that's cool, but we should all keep in mind that there is a lot more to Asian music than just bands. There's taiko drumming, Chinese opera, thousands of folk songs from every region, Korean drumming, gamelan ensembles (though that's more from around Java and Bali) - most of which do not have specific bands, but are nonetheless just as important to Asian music traditions.

So, FAQ, should I talk about these things here? Would that be appropriate with just about every thread and sticky talking about their favorite J-rocker? Is there another subforum I missed where it is better to discuss about these topics? I really could have sworn that "international" meant something along the lines of "global," or "worldwide." But, huh, that's odd, I guess it means Asia. Strange.

In all seriousness though, I think the name of this subforum should be changed to accurately reflect its content.

Hmm, makes me wonder where I should talk about my favorite Trinidadian Soca artist, too...or my affinity for klezmer music...

Tipsy Smoker

Amen to that
Escargot
Coach is dead
This forum is dedicated to mostly Japanese artists. eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

HOW about other country song, this Forums must be dedicate to all music loversssszzzzzzzz

Agreed.

I totally get it that probably eighty percent of the people on Gaia are Japanoholics, or other kinds of Asiaholics (myself included in certain respects!), but seriously, the name of this subforum needs to be changed to "J-Pop, K-Pop, and C-Pop ONLY," or something along those lines. Even if the original intent of this thread was to talk about all kinds of world music, this has definitely morphed into something that is not an "international music" thread - it's too focused on just east Asian pop/rock. I also feel that it's limited further by these huge lists of bands that keep coming up in the stickies. If this subforum is going to just be about east Asian music, then fine, that's cool, but we should all keep in mind that there is a lot more to Asian music than just bands. There's taiko drumming, Chinese opera, thousands of folk songs from every region, Korean drumming, gamelan ensembles (though that's more from around Java and Bali) - most of which do not have specific bands, but are nonetheless just as important to Asian music traditions.

So, FAQ, should I talk about these things here? Would that be appropriate with just about every thread and sticky talking about their favorite J-rocker? Is there another subforum I missed where it is better to discuss about these topics? I really could have sworn that "international" meant something along the lines of "global," or "worldwide." But, huh, that's odd, I guess it means Asia. Strange.

In all seriousness though, I think the name of this subforum should be changed to accurately reflect its content.

Hmm, makes me wonder where I should talk about my favorite Trinidadian Soca artist, too...or my affinity for klezmer music...

Its gaia, its anime related, where did anime come from.... Japan....

I like regular Japanese music that isnt from anime or visual kei... it is weird Japanese music is what most people talk of here.. but that should be very obvious.

Besides, I dont think people who are 20+ like me will be in gaia, I got invited to gaia few years ago. But thats my opinion.
Kaito -iVocaloid-
Escargot
Coach is dead

Agreed.

I like regular Japanese music that isnt from anime or visual kei... it is weird Japanese music is what most people talk of here.. but that should be very obvious.

Besides, I dont think people who are 20+ like me will be in gaia, I got invited to gaia few years ago. But thats my opinion.

So maybe I over-ranted.

I know Gaia started as an anime-related forum, and I am all for people talking about whatever kind of music they want. If they want to make every topic in this forum about Asian pop, then I am totally cool with that.

What I'm not so okay with is the forum name. It shouldn't be called the "International" music subforum when it focuses on such a narrow region and genre. Even though it seems to invite users to make threads on topics outside of east Asian pop, they really don't fit in here - they are out of place. These kinds of topics just die here; they never get any replies.

I just think that maybe it would be better if this forum had a different name - one that shows what people ACTUALLY talk about in here, and if perhaps a new forum could be created where people (however few!) could talk about Ravi Shankar, or Mongolian throat singing, or other kinds of music that are classified as "international" but don't fit in here.

It makes me sad.
Escargot
Kaito -iVocaloid-
Escargot
Coach is dead

Agreed.

So maybe I over-ranted.

I know Gaia started as an anime-related forum, and I am all for people talking about whatever kind of music they want. If they want to make every topic in this forum about Asian pop, then I am totally cool with that.

What I'm not so okay with is the forum name. It shouldn't be called the "International" music subforum when it focuses on such a narrow region and genre. Even though it seems to invite users to make threads on topics outside of east Asian pop, they really don't fit in here - they are out of place. These kinds of topics just die here; they never get any replies.

I just think that maybe it would be better if this forum had a different name - one that shows what people ACTUALLY talk about in here, and if perhaps a new forum could be created where people (however few!) could talk about Ravi Shankar, or Mongolian throat singing, or other kinds of music that are classified as "international" but don't fit in here.

It makes me sad.

long as lots of anime fans exist in gaia, they wont take any interest in other regional bands, they dont take any interest in normal music that people listens to in Japan either
or any other region.

You should know by now that people only cares about things like TOKIO HOTEL in Germany because they are visual kei related.

the other country's music will die from the topic.... even normal bands in japan's topic will die out.

It is sad that most people just listens to visual kei bands or boy bands... yeah it is pretty sad that people do that.

However thats all they care about here or bands like ikimonogakari who have played some songs in naruto.
Kaito -iVocaloid-

long as lots of anime fans exist in gaia, they wont take any interest in other regional bands, they dont take any interest in normal music that people listens to in Japan either
or any other region.

You should know by now that people only cares about things like TOKIO HOTEL in Germany because they are visual kei related.

the other country's music will die from the topic.... even normal bands in japan's topic will die out.

It is sad that most people just listens to visual kei bands or boy bands... yeah it is pretty sad that people do that.

However thats all they care about here or bands like ikimonogakari who have played some songs in naruto.

I can't tell if you're trying to argue with me, or add to what I've said... sweatdrop

Just to be very clear:

I know most people on Gaia only care about visual kei. And that's fine. They can care about whatever they want. I'm not saying it's stupid for people to like that. Not at all.

All I was trying to say was that even though most only like j-pop and all of that, there are still a few people on Gaia who do not have an interest in it, and they deserve a place to post where their threads won't die.

I think a new forum should be made where they can post, and that the name of this forum should be changed because it is misleading.
Escargot
Kaito -iVocaloid-

or any other region.

I can't tell if you're trying to argue with me, or add to what I've said... sweatdrop

Just to be very clear:

I know most people on Gaia only care about visual kei. And that's fine. They can care about whatever they want. I'm not saying it's stupid for people to like that. Not at all.

All I was trying to say was that even though most only like j-pop and all of that, there are still a few people on Gaia who do not have an interest in it, and they deserve a place to post where their threads won't die.

I think a new forum should be made where they can post, and that the name of this forum should be changed because it is misleading.

I am trying to say that, boy bands and visual kei are just so damn popular internationally.

I do like international music ofcorse, I am not much of fan of visual kei or boy bands.

The thing is, people do post international things, the regional bands that are popular there... but topic will die out, due to the fact that there aren't many people to post it and such.

international is fine but if they make a thread just about j-rock/j-pop and seprate from k-music
than have an another thread and making it regional might help a lot.

Japanese music
Korean Music
Chinese Music
German Music
Italian Music

etc....
making it regional would help... but there are like over 100s of countries...
User Image
♥_________________________________________________________________________♥

I never knew bumping in Music forums was illegal o: Actually I saw some1 do it but didn't report em .______.

User Image
Big Bang's Lil' Victim<3
~T.o.p.'s next GF~
Kiwi Coffee
User Image

I never knew bumping in Music forums was illegal o: Actually I saw some1 do it but didn't report em .______.

User Image
Big Bang's Lil' Victim<3
~T.o.p.'s next GF~

if they talk about something related to topic and not use word "bump" its ok in my opinion.
this is a long list lolz dramallama
never head of big bang they look weird so peace rofl rofl rofl
lol mad razz cry lol evil twisted twisted confused cool eek wink sad surprised xp whee biggrin smile redface crying stare 3nodding blaugh gonk scream stressed sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff