Reita 0.17510548523207 17.5% [ 166 ]
Uruha 0.090717299578059 9.1% [ 86 ]
Aoi 0.088607594936709 8.9% [ 84 ]
Kai 0.067510548523207 6.8% [ 64 ]
I love them all :] 0.41877637130802 41.9% [ 397 ]
Total Votes:[ 948 ]

Timid Explorer

Anagre
EXACTLY. I really don't see why so many people like them. The way I see it, if you want to use computers and make music... Just auto-tune your voice like everyone else in the world and become 'famous' XD [auto-tune will be the death of music as we know it, I hate it so much, but at least the damn artist does SOMETHING with their voice, lol]

It sounds so computerized and soulless. It's easier to just sing, talk, or even howl (lol, dogs can be auto-tuned as well) and become famous for a few weeks/years. xD [Auto-tune will one day be the death of music, I agree. Although it can be used nicely here and there, it's getting abused to no end. But at least the artist does something with their voice, no matter how good or bad they sound.]

Nanaremilamina

Lol, my first thought about abusing auto-tune and people talking, was KE$HA. Depressing.

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I slightly understand what Aoi was saying. But they are actual people singing as well, their voice is just synthesized to sound computerized. I don't see why people are even comparing the two, they are two totally different genres of music. Its a form of techno. I think it was a little over the top for Aoi to say that. Considering when he made the comment he hardly knew anything about Vocaloids. Comparing the two is like comparing fruit to steak. It still takes time and effort to make techno/electronica/trance music. Its not like there's no effort put into it.
Most Vocaloid are not people singing, they're computer generated voices. There are some who do sing and then alter their voice, but most just rely on computers. I don't think he was wrong for saying it, a lot of artists do feel that way about Vocaloid. Many people compare them to actual artists, and some are even starting to have their own 'concerts', and it has to be rather annoying to an artist who has to see that. I think one thing he really meant to get across, is that it's not THEM performing. It's an image, a voice, not a real person. They bust their a** to compose, record, perform, and do all those photoshoots and stuff that actual musicians do, while Vocaloid don't do much of that. Yes, they create the persona, and they make up lyrics, but honestly the beats and melodies are not all that exciting. They're rather boring, in my opinion XD A lot of the Vocaloid I've come across take the same beatmap and use it repeatedly, and then everyone else uses it and wears it out. I'm not saying that it takes absolutely no effort to make a Vocaloid, but I'm saying it takes a lot less than what an actual artist does, and I think that's something like what Aoi was thinking as well. I do agree that it does take time to make electronica/trance/techno music, but Vocaloid isn't as... Well, intense, as those.

450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Anagre
Most Vocaloid are not people singing, they're computer generated voices. There are some who do sing and then alter their voice, but most just rely on computers. I don't think he was wrong for saying it, a lot of artists do feel that way about Vocaloid. Many people compare them to actual artists, and some are even starting to have their own 'concerts', and it has to be rather annoying to an artist who has to see that. I think one thing he really meant to get across, is that it's not THEM performing. It's an image, a voice, not a real person. They bust their a** to compose, record, perform, and do all those photoshoots and stuff that actual musicians do, while Vocaloid don't do much of that. Yes, they create the persona, and they make up lyrics, but honestly the beats and melodies are not all that exciting. They're rather boring, in my opinion XD A lot of the Vocaloid I've come across take the same beatmap and use it repeatedly, and then everyone else uses it and wears it out. I'm not saying that it takes absolutely no effort to make a Vocaloid, but I'm saying it takes a lot less than what an actual artist does, and I think that's something like what Aoi was thinking as well. I do agree that it does take time to make electronica/trance/techno music, but Vocaloid isn't as... Well, intense, as those.

Thank you for the thorough explanation and again, I agree.
Anagre
Skeptically

You're welcome! I hope you stick around the thread ^^

Of course. >:3
Skeptically
Anagre
Skeptically

You're welcome! I hope you stick around the thread ^^

Of course. >:3

Good! So what songs did you like the most? x3
Hmm.. I really haven't gotten to listen to them. My family is judgemental. XD
What song is on your profile?? I really like that one. whee
Ah, I understand. Same with my family XD

The song on my profile is 'DEATH POINT' by D'espairsRay ^^
gasp.

-steals it-
:p
lemme drag out that list that you recommended to me, and I'll start listenin'.

Dedicated OTP

i saw that on tokyohive i just saw aoi and tweets and i was thinking " confused again!" than it was that he was just saying his opinion about vocaloids (which is probably most peoples opinion) than even more better was reading peoples comments is that some did listen to vocaloid saying they like the songs, but hate the voices and would have much more respect for them if they were real. i dont think he should have taken the tweets down or taken it back it was his opinion
I kinda like Vocaloids/Utaus. ^_^; I see how Aoi isn't really happy that robots are filling his spot, nonetheless I still like their voices. sweatdrop

Timid Explorer

@Anagre: Sadly, Ke$ha was the first person I thought of as well as I posted it. More than depressing. Just plain pathetic.
        Also, that was a very excellent explanation on Vocaloids/Utaus.

@Skeptically: My family is rather judgmental as well. But don't let it stop you from enjoying the GazettE's music. Or any other band that you might like.
Tama-chan0930

I don't think he should have had to either, but PSC makes their users do stupid things -_-;

Skeptically

There are a few songs I find catchy, but I'm one of those people who likes to listen to bands they can go and see live, meet them, fan signings... I just never got into them, and a while ago I started to find them rather irritating XDDD

Nanaremilamina

All she does is talk and auto-tune it D: That is NOT musiccccc. And thanks! x3
[Totally gonna add a link section to the front page, and link all the good band OT's in here soon!]

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Anagre

Yeah I understand. I've seen videos of the concerts, XD yeah I wouldn't pay to go to a concert like that. Though they do have an actual band playing the music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff