Welcome to Gaia! ::

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

An Cafe Thread

News

An Cafe's hiatus has ended!

Check out their new spiffy website and single release: ミニアルバム「amazing blue」
http://www.ancafe-web.com/

Also, looks like they've opened a store with International options (aka - you peeps outside of Japan can order!)
http://www.official-store.jp/ancafe-en/

**Information has been translated personally, or taken from Wikipedia**

Biography
An Cafe was formed when Miku, Kanon and Bou found each other through an internet website while searching for people with similar interests. Teruki was not yet a part of the band, although they still released their first demo Oopu-ngu (Ope.ning) on June 17, 2003. Not long after, on July 2nd, they released a second demo called Uzumaki Senshokutai/Hatsukoi. During this time Teruki was in his former band 'Feathers Blue'. After Teruki joined the band, and until mid-April 2007, the line-up for the band had not changed*, and consisted of Miku on vocals, Bou on guitar, Kanon on bass, and Teruki on drums. An Cafe's lyrics are written about daily life and love. The band started work under the indie label Loop Ash and released their first single Candyholic on March 24, 2004. Later that year, they also released several other singles, those being Hatsukoi, √69, Touhikairo and Cosmos. The band hit a major milestone after playing their first oneman in May 2004, and since have played many live shows throughout Japan. The band is known for their fun, energetic music and stage performance, and their eccentric clothing style on stage and in photoshoots. Their first mini-album debut, Amedama Rock, was released on February 23, 2005 and featured 7 songs; including their already well-known singles.

Band Name
On official sources the band name has been written in many different ways. The most consistent has been "アンティック-珈琲店-" (antikku -kōhīten-), which appears on all releases and on the official website.

The band’s original official website had the name written as "アンティックカフェ" (antikku Café) [1], but the COSMOS single (released in 2004) had the name written as "ANTIC CAFE" (with "アンティック-珈琲店-" written underneath). All releases since then have had the name written as "AN CAFE" (but still with "アンティック-珈琲店-" written underneath). Due to the amount of material released containing this version of the name it seems as though this is now the preferred choice of the band. Because of it being written アンティック (antikku), it has led many fans to believe that it is "Antique Cafe" and not "Antic Cafe". This is a common misconception, and as numerous interviews state, it is indeed Antic Cafe.

Initially, vocalist Miku believed that the band should be called Athletic Cafe, but a quick search through the dictionary proved to him that Antic Cafe would be a much more appropriate name.

Never.Rebellion
They also had it as "Antic Cafe" in English on their old site.

OHP
http://www.ancafe-web.com

Vocal - Miku - みく
    Birthday - January 5 (Strawberry Day♪)
    Blood Type - A
    Hobbies - Cooking, Shopping, Guitar, Bathing
    Favorite Food - Ramen, Steak, Sushi, Hiroshima Okonomiyaki, Tondon
    Favorite Brand - L.H.P, JACKROSE, BVLGARI, Justin Davis, ROYAL ORDER
    Favorite Color - Black, White, Red, Gold, Silver
    Tobacco - Pianissimo 1mm
    Perfume - QUASAR
    Shampoo - Karaakua (Color cooler?)
    Piercings - 4 Piercings
    Previous band - レヴェリー(name:羽琉)

Guitar - takuya
    Birthday - February 9
    Blood Type A
    Hobbies - Bath
    Favorite Food - Fruit
    Favorite Brand - Gibson
    Favorite Color - White, Black, Red
    Tobacco - Not of age
    Perfume - Nothing in particular
    Shampoo - Lux
    Piercings - None
    Previous bands -

Bass - Kanon - カノン
    Birthday - July 5
    Blood Type O
    Hobbies - 秋○原散策、中○ブロードウェイ散策 (Strolling
    - I assume he's editing places, so Akihabara and Chuuo?)
    Favorite Food - Chicken Ramen
    Favorite Brand - Vivienne Westwood, Kadokawa, Kodansha, Shueisha
    Favorite Color - Black, Purple, Gold, Silver
    Tobacco - Caster Mild
    Perfume - CK-One
    Shampoo - FI-NO
    Piercings - One piercing
    Previous bands - アンロジカル

Keyboard - Yuuki - ゆうき
    Birthday - August 29
    Blood Type - ?
    Hobbies - Collecting Watches, Looking at puppies in the Roppongi pet shop, coming home from clubbing
    Favorite Food - Sweet, spicy, and salty foods
    Favorite Brand - D&G、BLGALI、ROLEX
    Favorite Color - Gold, Black, and Silver
    Tobacco - ROSE
    Perfume - Febreeze
    Shampoo - Vidal Sassoon
    Previous band -

Drum - Teruki - 輝喜
    Birthday - December 8 (Sagittarius)
    Blood Type - A
    Hobbies - Think about the past while listening to music
    Favorite Food - Lots
    Favorite Brand - PAISSTE, Pearl
    Favorite Color - The beach of Okinawa, Emerald Green
    Tobacco - Don't smoke. Hates it
    Scent - Few things that have the image of the feeling of the gentle breeze on a clear summer day
    Shampoo - LUX
    Piercings - Left ear:8 ; Right ear:8
    Previous band - feathers-blue(name:輝喜)->アンティック-珈琲店-(name:C.F.Randle -> 輝喜)

EX:Band Members

Guitar - Bou - 坊
    Birthday - September 16 - Virgo
    Blood Type - O
    Family - Father, Mother, Older sister
    Hobbies - sleep
    Favorite Food - Pork Rice, Rare cheesecake, Japanese style pasta
    Favorite Brand - Paul Smith
    Favorite Color - Black, Gold
    Tobacco - Pukapuka
    Perfume - Bou's original...
    Piercings - Left ear:1

Studio Albums
    1. amedama ROCK (飴玉ロック)
    2. shikisai MOMENT (色彩モーメント)
    3. MAGNYA CARTA (マグニャカルタ)
    4. Gokutama ROCK CAFE (極魂ROCK CAFE)

Singles
    1. CANDYHOLIC (キャンデーホリック)
    2. √69
    3. COSMOS (孤妄)
    4. karakuri hitei (カラクリ否定)
    5. tekesuta kousen ~kurayami o terasu hikari wa houseki no youni~ (テケスタ光線~暗闇を照らす光は宝石のように~)
    6. ESCAPISM ~amai MILK o sutta kohitsuji-chan~ (エスカピズム~甘いミルクを吸った子羊ちゃん~)
    7. MERRYMAKING ~dekoboko na mainichi to, aikawarazu na bokura~ (メリメイキング~凸凹な毎日と、あいかわらずな僕ら~)
    8. 10’s COLLECTION MARCH (10's コレクション マァチ)
    9. BondS ~kizuna~ (BondS ~絆~)
    10. SMILE ichiban ii onna (スマイル一番 イイ♀)
    11. SNOW SCENE (スノーシ一ン)
    12. Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~(覚醒ヒロイズム~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~)
    13. Ryuusei Rocket (流星ロケット)
    14. Cherry Saku Yuuki!! (Cherry咲く勇気!!)

Demo Tapes
    1. OPE.NING (オープ●ング)
    2. uzumaki senshokutai / hatsukoi (ウズマキ染色体/ハツコイ)

Distributed CDs
    1. hatsukoi (ハツコイ)
    2. tōhi kairo (逃避回路)
    3. ame no hankagai (雨の繁華街)
    4. kirikiri (キリキリ)
    5. Shelly Tic Cafe (Shelly Tic -珈琲店-)
    6. Aurora

Omnibus Albums
    * Loop of Life IV
    o 10. uzumaki senshokutai (ウズマキ染色体)
    * Shock Jam CD Ed. 4
    o 1. hisōkyō (悲想橋)
    * AX da yo! zenin shūroku (AXだよ!全員収録)
    o 6. uranai shi (占い師)
    * Cure Japanesque Rock Collectionz
    o 5. hatsukoi (ハツコイ)
    * Cross Gate 2004 ~Neo Locus~
    o 10. 3P
    * Shock Edge 2004
    o 5. CANDYHOLIC (キャンデーホリック)
    * Shock Wave CD the Select
    o 5. hisōkyō (悲想橋)

NOTE!

You are going to really piss off the regulars if you come in whining that Bou was An Cafe.

News Flash

Bou was NOT An Cafe. He is not the reason An Cafe is the way they were. They are still continuing to make music. If you're a Bou fan but love An Cafe, feel free to talk here. If you only loved Bou and can't believe that he left and now the band is going to suck, boohoo. . . then please kindly leave your sentiments to yourself and the chatterbox.

YUUKI
Enough with the "I hope he fails" commentary. Yuuki is having fun. He obviously has a sense of humor and is wearing a disguise of some sort. Whether it's a joke for now, or a joke for good... think of him as the comedy relief for the band.

Currently Yuuki is sporting a look that is similar to DJ Ozma
User Image
The image above is not Yuuki. It's DJ Ozma. See? Now can't you see how funny Yuuki is?

Yuuki sans wig and glasses.
Howl Vladimir
its yuki because he wears that same outfit in this picture and regardless of that it looks just like him
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Evil Genius Koji
Blog translations by cafexblog at LJ.

An Cafe
04-08-08

Earphones o(≧∀≦)o

Nyappy o(≧∀≦)o it's Miku-. Today I said farewell to Bi-no (my bike) who took to me to all kinds of places up until now. Because of my move, I had to sell it. When I think back about it, there were so many things that happened☆ But amount I sold it for was 10,000 yen (about $100.00)...It's 1/12 of what I bought it for...What a shock(>_< wink The Bike shop that I sold it to was Bike Ou (Bike King) the one famous for the CMs!! The salesperson there was such a nice person so I pleasantly gave it away. Thank you for everything up until now, Bi-no kun..

And then, I was playing at the game center with my little brother until the meeting at the company office. I played Kaku Ge-(this is a computer wrestling game) which I hadn't done in so long. When I was in middle school I was so good at it, and I was beating all my competitors. The one I'm best at is the Street-fighting type. But, today was an iron fist. I'm a beginner with the iron fist, but it was fun v(`∀´v) So, today I was awakened to Kaku Ge- again☆ When I just started doing it I was so weak...I'll practice a lot at home! Just you wait, little brother!

And then, when I went to the company office, the engineer-san came and dropped off the ear-moni for me☆ Ya-y. I'm excited for the live-. The picture is my ear-moni, but isn't it such a warped shape??? That is the ear-moni earphones. Well then I'll doron-nyappy here then o(≧∀≦)o

------
(RedCafe had another post about some in-store additional information.)

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

04-09-08

Gokutama ROCKCAFE o(≧∀≦)o

Nyappy o(≧∀≦)o it's Miku. Today is the day Gokutama ROCKCAFE goes on sale♪ Ya-y!! Mikusuke's recommendations are Koritsu Hospital and Baby King. Please tell me your thoughts on them.

And today, I went to pick up my key for the new place I'm moving to, and I also went to the hospital. And I also went to Punk Man's place to get my hair done. I just went recently too, but my extension hair and my real hair color started to look different so I went to fix it. So it isn't that drastic of a change, but it's definitely cute again. I really recommend the glittery extensions on the cover of the album. And then on the way back I ate at this ramen place called Seiya. Menra- (ramen) is so good. I was talking to Punk Man saying how I want to create a ramen place when I become an old man. That's only when I become a really old man though o(≧∀≦)o I'm gonna make the world's best ramen. We were talking about how it's bad when there's all these flavors in one store. I firmly stamp my foot down with the soy-sauce pork bone flavor. I will never put potstickers or fried rice there. Also, I'll make the inside of the place an atmosphere where women can easily come in too. But, I'll have to put coffee there. Because we're AnCafe. It's gonna be Antic Ramen Shop. Well then, bye nyappy o(≧∀≦)o

-----
(RedCafe posted another entry with corrections for the in store event)

04-10-08

☆Miku san's move☆

This is Yuuki(・ω・)/
Today was Miku san's moving day, so I went to go help with the make-up person, Yuuko san('-^*)/
He actually had a lot of boxes and as we were almost mentally about to give up, we somehow finished at night, and right now the 3 of us are still talking(=^▽^=)
Although we were contemplating where to put what, it turned into a very clean room('-^*)/
Today was one day full of work(≧▽≦)ゞ

Rookies.

This is Teruki.
These days there's so many things happening my heads spinning. Once I start thinking about how the tour is going to start again on the 25th, I start to panic(*_* wink

Today...or more like yesterday, was the day Gokutama went on sale. If I can, I want to stop by ZEAL LINK san and Tower Records san and give them my greetings, but right now it seems like even that's impossible(-_-#)

Well then. Good night.

The pharmacist lightly chuckled from Kanon
(this is a play on words. "kusuri" means medicine but it also means to lightly chuckle, so he says the Pharmacist lightly chuckled)

This is the Kanon who is still at his parents house relaxing and making music
My coughs were really bad so I had my parents take me to the hospital yesterday
It was pretty close to the high school I went to so it was nostalgic
And then I got some medicine, but
it didn't turn out like
"ah the medicine that the doctor gives really works"
But, I guess I got a little bit better

04-11-08

(An entry from RedCafe announcing the tour goods)

Reason For o( ≧∀≦)o

Nyappy o(≧∀≦)o it's Miku☆ I moved on 4/9, the day "Gokutama ROCK CAFE" came out. I had Yuukikki and the make-san help me until late at night. Both of them were so meticulous that the place got so cleanly organized♪ Kansha, Kangeki, Ame, Arashi's Sakurai kun is way too cute. (Arashi is a Japanese group and they had a song titled that. Sakurai kun is a member in the group. But that phrase is basically saying he's full of thanks) So anyway since I have a new home, my heart is so excited.
The other day I said I went to get my piercings and the nurse got mad at me, but the reason for that was simply just because I was being so loud and annoying saying "ouch, ouch, help me"(laugh) My friend was waiting for me in the waiting room, but while I was in the seperate room getting my piercings opened, he said my shrieks were echoing into the waiting room too. And there were about 20 people in the waiting room, but supposedly they were all talking to each other saying "where is that person getting his piercings?" or "I'm scared to get a piercing now"(;_ wink
And that's why she got mad at me. I'm very sorry..
The picture is the CD rack that I bought today☆ Isn't it cute o(≧∀≦)o Bye nyappy o(≧∀≦)o

04-12-08

This is Teruki.

This is Teruki.
Right now I went to the Shinjuku's Tower Records san to put all our signatures on the poster ad (laugh) And we are next to L'arc san☆

I don't know if they were being kind to me, but all of a sudden the BGM in the store changed to AnCafe m(_ _)m

OK. Open. Tired of 109571903571 repeat threads.
Any information may be submitted to me to update the first posts.
I applaud you for putting forth the effort of actually making a new (and fairly nice) thread.

Even though this band bugs the living s**t out of me, I actually hope this thread will fair better than the last.
Orgasmic Generation
I applaud you for putting forth the effort of actually making a new (and fairly nice) thread.

Even though this band bugs the living s**t out of me, I actually hope this thread will fair better than the last.
I don't like them much either. But I'm tired of seeing so many repeats, and not being able to say "GO TO THE OFFICIAL TOPIC"
And all the threads didn't have any information in them that I wanted to make a link to the TD. *shrug*
Don't kill this one Pumpkin wink

Wheezing Fatcat

Finally an official one for them! Thankies ^^

I was also getting annoyed with the repeated "DID YOU KNOW BOU IS LEAVING" threads.
I'm wondering who Bou's replacement will be and if they'll be the girly one x3
I don't mean to be insensitive about Bou, I just never liked him much, though he was a very talented guitarist.
i read everything
Orgasmic Generation

I don't like them much either. But I'm tired of seeing so many repeats, and not being able to say "GO TO THE OFFICIAL TOPIC"
And all the threads didn't have any information in them that I wanted to make a link to the TD. *shrug*
Don't kill this one Pumpkin wink

Yeah, really. Since the last one got binned, I swear to god, the day after at least five threads relating to An Cafe popped up. And more just kept coming, especially when the fans' precious Bou announced he was leaving.

I'll do my best not to trash it. I'm not sure I want to see that many An Cafe threads in the Int all at the same time ever again.
so sad. today's the day that bou leaves.

i hope the replacement is twice as thrice as cute as bou.... although..... i don't think there'll ever be a worthy replacement.

^^;

~~*

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm hoping their replacement will be WAY different from Bou. I don't want another member playing the "girly" part. If they do that they'll just be trying to make the new member become Bou. That wouldn't be cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff