Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Goat

Gackt Camui
OHP: www.crownrecord.co.jp/artist/gackt/new_release.html
Fanclub: Dears.ne.jp

Originally he was thrown into the spotlight through his career with the Visual Kei band Malice Mizer in the mid-late 1990s. After severing ties with the band, he embarked on his solo career into the pop spectrum with his release entitled "Mizerable". From there, he has enjoyed great success with his music as a pop sensation.

For a more indepth biography of his career as an artist, please check out the detailed article on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gackt_Camui

Please take note that this thread is to host discussion of the music, not to foster blind idolization. Diversity of opinion relating to his music is strongly encouraged.

4.27.06 -> I'M CRACKING DOWN ON SPAMMING, SO BE WARNED.
TAKE ALL NON-MUSIC RELATED DISCUSSION HERE.

Feral Goat

Feral Goat

Helpful Resources

Translations
: Centigrade J has a wide selection of translated songs, including many by Gackt so that even those of us who know no Japanese can understand what he is singing about.

Videos: YouTube has a large variety of clips showcasing Gackt as a goof-ball to his various music videos. Youtube's the way to go to enjoy little bits and pieces of his video.

Music
: CD Japan, HMV and other online resources sell Gackt's CDs, so it's never to hard to find anything by him. eBay is another wonderful resource to utilize when looking for albums and singles.

All links in this section (except the Centigrade J one) link directly to the pages related to Gackt.

Ruthless Informer

Welcome new thread. Wonderfully sans retardedly superficial gacktshit poll. ALL HEIL ITS DEATH.

Feral Goat

I'm not planning on adding any polls to this topic either-- they really don't show anything except everyone's desire to get more gold.

Musically, let's go to Gackt, shall we? Any takers on a topic, or shall I throw one out there? (Ex: compare the tracks on a given album to each other and discuss style)
i know nothing.
I'm not planning on adding any polls to this topic either-- they really don't show anything except everyone's desire to get more gold.

Musically, let's go to Gackt, shall we? Any takers on a topic, or shall I throw one out there? (Ex: compare the tracks on a given album to each other and discuss style)

To me it would be better if you started off the topic 3nodding seeing that I'm not good at making those.
This makes me very sad....

But FINE, if you have to be that way, I'll get back to his music.

...You know I have nothing positive to say about his music.
I can still say bad things about it, right?

Feral Goat

I'll pose a topic for discussion, and it'll be a little more on the personal interpretation side of things.

Open MS paint and keep the window open for drawing. Then choose a song by Gackt (any song) and draw what you feel the music alone is expressing. After that, go to centigrade-j and look up the lyrics. Post the lyric translations together with your image and explain how the music interacts with the meaning of the song.

Sometimes, making a visualization of the emotions we feel can be more expressive than putting it into words alone, and by posting the image that you create alongside with the lyrics, it provides a jumping point for everyone to understand where you are coming from.

You want to try it?

Feral Goat

@Raspberry --- I'm not fond of his music either. You want to participate in the discussion tool I've concocted? The results that will happen when someone who hates his music does what I outlined in my previous post will be especially interesting.
i know nothing.
I'll pose a topic for discussion, and it'll be a little more on the personal interpretation side of things.

Open MS paint and keep the window open for drawing. Then choose a song by Gackt (any song) and draw what you feel the music alone is expressing. After that, go to centigrade-j and look up the lyrics. Post the lyric translations together with your image and explain how the music interacts with the meaning of the song.

Sometimes, making a visualization of the emotions we feel can be more expressive than putting it into words alone, and by posting the image that you create alongside with the lyrics, it provides a jumping point for everyone to understand where you are coming from.

You want to try it?

Sounds fun but it may take a while to find which song I want to choose.
Let me say this much, this thread is so going to die, if you haven't noticed there isn't anything really new to talk about and his music isn't that great in fact it's forgettable, and Gackt is just another musician nothing he's done stands out in my mind as being, "OH hey look Gackt did that, how original!" So please allow me to make a few predictions.

1. This thread I give about a month of being on topic and in that Month only maybe 20 pages at the most.

2. There will be less regulars. I'll still show up and I'll do some of those monster post for ya'll.

So if you wanna see me I'll be at the old thread that was banished to the Chatterbox, but good luck with this one.
gonk Can't draw anything, family is going crazy and I don't have the feeling to draw so yesh, sorry but it did sound like something cool to do.
Fukafukashita
Let me say this much, this thread is so going to die.

I thought this too....

Gackt really isn't interesting enough for me to have a normal conversation about him and his music.
That is just me though.

I wonder if anyone will take over this Gackt thread, aswell?

Chatty Lover

9,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Wait so... the other Gackt Thread, where eveyone made fun of Gackt, what happend to it now?Is it dead?
ParapaRapper
Wait so... the other Gackt Thread, where eveyone made fun of Gackt, what happend to it now?Is it dead?

It just placed in the Chatterbox, that is all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff