<3 </3

Will you be watching this year?

Yes 0.47619047619048 47.6% [ 10 ]
No 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Never heard of it 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Gimme Gold 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Vogue Trash

The Mnet Asian Music Awards are always an interesting night for K-Pop (and some times C-Pop) fans across the globe. And with voting since ongoing and the show a little less than a month away I thought it'd be nice to see what others think about the award show. Do you like it? Hate it? What do you think about the performances? Have you ever watched it? Did you watch when it was still referred to MKMF? Will this year be your first time watching?

Here are a few of my favorite past MAMA performances from past shows.

I have a love hate with MAMA. I like watching the performances for the groups I like. I remembered one year Wang Lee Hom was there and it was amazing. Last year I live streamed half the red carpet and the award show just for Infinite (because it was their first time and they won two awards!! HOW COULD I MISS THAT?). But I don't know if staying up at ungodly hours is worth it again.

I think the whole voting is bull though, the people ranked 1st are there solely because they have a big fan base. There was some genuinely good songs and albums that came out this year but are not getting recognized because the groups' fan base are just not as big. It's just really disappointing to see good group be so underrated. For example, Block B has amazing songs, stage presence and presentation. They also write their own lyrics! Or AOA, they have been really active this year and all their songs that came out this year are all so catchy and good!

Vogue Trash

kanggoo

I agree the time difference does make it difficult sometimes. Like for me the red carpet started around 2 - 3 A.M. Then when the actual show started it was almost nearing 4 A.M. Don't get me wrong, I love watching and the performances are amazing. But sometimes it really is struggle to stay up just for an award show.

As for the voting system it's totally rigged and it does bother me. But not as much as some of the fans. Like if you're against one group winning and they have a strong fan base, some of the fans just seem to take it so personal if you don't agree that this group is winning. From my experience it seems to be a common thing to accuse someone of not being a K-Pop fan if don't you like certain groups.

And I agree, last year had a lot of good music that was underrated. This year seems like it's going to be a repeat of that under appreciation.
I'm not really interested in it. Plus it almost always brings out more fanwars

b l u m i's Oppa

Superhero

inb4 GD getting 324874329842374382 awards

Hardcore Pie-Maker

12,000 Points
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Team Moira 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
When is MAMA this year?
I've streamed it the last to years. But I've never watched the red carpet, it takes to long and it's way too early.
I enjoy the special stages. :3

Vogue Trash

Hinote Ryuuko
When is MAMA this year?
I've streamed it the last to years. But I've never watched the red carpet, it takes to long and it's way too early.

According to Mnet's website the live broadcast starts 6 P.M. KST on December 3rd.
And I agree, the red carpet can be a bit tedious, but worth it if you like any of the artists performing in-between red carpet interviews.

Hardcore Pie-Maker

12,000 Points
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Team Moira 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Pure Acid Dreamer
Hinote Ryuuko
When is MAMA this year?

According to Mnet's website the live broadcast starts 6 P.M. KST on December 3rd.
And I agree, the red carpet can be a bit tedious, but worth it if you like any of the artists performing in-between red carpet interviews.

So, it's this Wednesday! surprised I won't be able to watch it (live) then.
I'm usually still sleeping during the red carpet.

Kawaii Kitten

MAMA 2014 = mini YG Family concert xd

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
I stayed up for the whole thing, even the red carpet, and omf, the voting was rigged again this year, but meh who cares. xD

But I was hoping Block B and BTS won some awards tho. yum_puddi

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm just happy that IU and CNBLUE won awards.
Lo único "salvable" de este año, fue el rap de GD. Un montón de premios vendidos. Pero bueno, BB, SJ & TVXQ no mendigan premios. #BBLB scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff