Progress 0.0375 3.8% [ 3 ]
Final Call 0.125 12.5% [ 10 ]
abyss 0.1 10.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 28 > >>

Dedicated Lunatic

They almost disbanded in '03?! D'8
I'm depressed just thinking of that.
I only met one other person who actually has heard of them. Last Thursday I was wearing my D'espa shirt in school and a girl came up to me and said "They're a Japanese band, right? Do you like Dir en grey, too?" ...made me happy.

The important thing is they didn't disband and they're still being great now.
I Fail~ The new thread totally threw me off for a while.Normally I just click 'go to post' and click the latest page cuz I'm lazy. I kept going back to the old one and was like "aww it's dead" But then I actually used the forum directory... oops.

I would love to go to Japan to see them plus bands who haven't or most likely won't tour the states ...or at least wont go somewhere else besides L.A! >_<

Timid Explorer

Just thinking about them almost disbanding back in '03 is really depressing. D8 In an interview around their 9th anniversary, Karyu explains the hard road they were on. (He also gives us his first impression when he met Zero. I thought it was pretty funny. xD )

@AkitoAnemone: Awesome~ I've met people at my university who have heard of Dir en grey, but they are pretty popular here in the US, especially in the metal scene. If D'espa keeps coming over and starts putting their albums on the shelves in the US and Canada, they'll gain more international attention.

@-Roz-lyn41: I know how you feel- I'd love to go to Japan to see bands who won't come to the US. (Like Galneryus and DELUHI. They've got enough fame to play on an actual stage here, but they never come here. I know, DELUHI is young still, but they really do need to get over here. D< )

Dedicated Lunatic

Thanks for that interview, Karyu seems so intimidating, xD
I personally like that quote from Hizumi, “Even when my teeth fall out and my back is bent, I will sing”
That really amused me. |D
And his first impression of ZERO is quite funny.

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

[ @Nanaremilamina: Thanks for the interview. It's interesting to see how much of a problem child Karyu was X3.
Currently I'm trying to talk my mum into me going to Japan the summer of this year. It's so damn expensive with plane tickets and what not DX

Edit: I'd lol at an old Hizumi waving his cane around singing Deathpoint in this old man voice. ]

User Image

Devoted Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Skyscraper Opera

PS. I always confuse Nanaremilamina and Anagre D8~

WAAA! me too >___<"

Devoted Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

KYAAAA! Long life to D'espairsRay *---*
i hope a new single ,at least >__<", until december ZD

i voteb abyss in the poll case it always makes me cry Ç___Ç
Arigatou gozaimasu! I asked many people about D'espairsRay thread *---* ,n finally found !
NHAAAIM! Onegai! addopt me as a familly member *--*

/o/
H.N.『Sakura Goodbye _-_ Scandal』

Dedicated Lunatic

@Oloz Inu
Oh God, the mental image of old man Hizumi is priceless, and kinda frightening. XD

@lukekido
Welcome!
Abyss is such a beautiful song, C:
I chose Devil's Parade. Ever since hearing it live couldn't help it. I looove it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

καrγυ ♠ ι δοη'τ fεαr, ι κεερ οη ρrαγιηg

I also picked Devil's Parade lol.

and one of the girls in my dance class wanted to listen to some of my music and she said she likes D'espa and they remind her of some of the artists she listens to(except the artists she was referring to sing in English).

I can't wait until their Europe tour starts, I'm excited to hear more live reports ;w;

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Tsukasa was in Setsugekka?!

*jaw drop*

Why didn't I notice that before?

Oh, and hello everyone. :3

I have finally come to post in the new thread! <3

Very nice work, Nanaremilamina.
I wish I could put like, a musical note at the end of your name.
Because it only sounds right if you sing it.

Timid Explorer

@Oloz Inu & Maximum Royal Disorder: I can image him running around in old age with a bent back and cane, screaming the lyrics to Death Point and Garnet too. xD
        I find it very precious. (And at the same time, mildly terrifying.)

@lukekido: You are always welcomed here.
        abyss~ So touching.
        I too voted for Devils' Parade. *pokes her username* That and dope were my favourites from the new album. While I hope a new single comes out soon, I really do hope they take small break after the tour. (They spend so much time in the recording studio its not funny. They deserve it! D8 )

@anjelier: I can't wait until the Europe tour either! It's only days away now. I especially look forward to the live reports from Germany, since all three shows are completely sold out. They usually give a wicked awesome live show in Germany too.

@Saffron Blehckchah: Yup, Tsukasa was playing the drums in the PV for Setsugekka. Doin' his little stick thing and having a good time.

And thanks. :'D
        It would be nice to have a music note in my name. It's so much fun to sing~

Dedicated Lunatic

I can't picture Hizumi old. xD
To me it looks like he has not even aged! Well, all of them look as if they have not aged.

I can't wait to see what D'Espa does next, a release is always nice, after a well deserved break.

Europe is luckyyy, they're going to have so much fun, I still miss them. D'8
But I too want to read live reports so I can relive that day all over again.

I watched the Setsugekka PV just to see Tsukasa.. >.>

Devoted Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ohayoooo family *---* ,i came just to say it ^~^
N.L.『More than blue _-_ Quaff』

Timid Explorer

It's hard to believe they are all in their 30's and they still look like they are in their mid 20's. (How do they stay ageless? D: )
        I cannot wait to see what they release next. Something tells me it's going to be a good single. They also have a record of releasing something good after a tour. fbsmpbnms, I need something soon. (After they take a break.)

I wish I was in Europe right now. I would go and live through the serious withdrawal all over again just to see them perform live. They start their European leg of the tour in... about 2 or 3 days? Oh, you Europeans are so lucky; getting to see them while the Americans and Canadians suffers through the withdrawal. D8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff