Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
JYJ's Junsu just released his MV from his solo album titled Tarantallegra ( a spell from Harry Potter that make you dance). This is the link to his MV on YT: Tarantallegra MV

So let's discuss about his new song and the MV but before you trying to judge him or the MV you better go to this blog first and read the blogger's view on Tarantallegra: blog
Duchannes
JYJ's Junsu just released his MV from his solo album titled Tarantallegra ( a spell from Harry Potter that make you dance). This is the link to his MV on YT: Tarantallegra MV

So let's discuss about his new song and the MV but before you trying to judge him or the MV you better go to this blog first and read the blogger's view on Tarantallegra: blog

O_o that's a really good analysis! and as for the MV and the song, I totally spazzed like a crazy fangirl!!!!!

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Honestly, I love the song.

At first I was really iffy on it; I expected more from him. But the more I listened to the song, the more it grew on me. And then pop!gasa finally released the translation of the lyrics, and I gave in to my love for it.

I like that Juno didn't beat around the bush when he wrote the lyrics; his message is right out there for everyone to see. I mean, compare it to 4Minute's "Volume Up": it was a good song, but the company had to explain to us what it was about. If Cube hadn't said it was about the double standards for girl groups, I would just think it was a song about a breakup. And god knows I wouldn't have figured out what the snake and the skull stood for.

While Junsu's video is a little hard to figure out (although that blog really gave a great analysis of it for fans, and I think they've hit the mark), the lyrics to the song are very blunt.

....Plus, I think it's really catchy, and I've been singing the chorus since yesterday.

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
Tarantallegra is a spell from the Harry Potter series?! NO WAY! *googles* Ah! I love this song even more now! It brings together two of my favorite things, K-Pop and Harry Potter. <3

But, oh man. That music video gives me the vapors. ^^; I've always thought of Junsu as the cutesy type. Watching him grind all over his female dancers is going to take some getting used to! *blush* ... Not saying I'm complaining, though. emotion_dowant
The visual concept isn't really my cup of tea, being so over-the top and sexualized (especially awkward because I don't find Junsu or guyliner attractive). And the song was autotuney, doing hardly anything to show off Junsu's vocal talent like in his countless ballads.
But after so many ballads, it's time for him to do something new. Despite my initial impressions, Tarantallegra really impressed me. The dancing is on point, the presentation is awesome and most importantly, it differs from the norm and is striking in a way that demonstrates the lyrics/meaning perfectly. The conditions JYJ are forced to promote under are actually working to Junsu's benefit, allowing the creative team to go further than other groups because they're banned from broadcasting no matter what they make.
Oh,the song is really powerful!~~
BUT MV IS EVEN BETTER,but I liked JunSu more when he was cute as a angel!~ 3nodding 3nodding
User Image
Yeah,but now he is still beautiful!^^
heart heart heart heart heart

Bashful Bibliophile

31,215 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
I love that mv! heart

I love kpop songs with that sort of hypnotic, repetitive sound and epic feel. The choreography was awesome and fit the music and the style of the video so well. I never would have expected something like this from Junsu. I love that it was a little out there and pushed some boundaries, especially with his style. That being said, I could have done with out the girls grinding on stuff. That always annoys me. I guess I don't see it as sexy, I just see it as kind of cheap...and not really necessary.

I hate to say this, because the Cassies will probably crucify me, but as much as I don't like that TVXQ split up, maybe it's working out for the best at least in Junsu's case. We would never have gotten something so awesome out of him if they were still a group...(please don't hurt me sweatdrop )
Anything Junsu touches turns to gold.
So much freaking respect and admiration for him.

7,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
The song is actually nice, certain scenes from the music video was a little too sexual, but overall i love it~~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff