Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>User Image</center>
Guruguru Eigakan are an indies Japanese rock band, usually categorized as angura-kei. From the beginning they have been all about traditional sounds and old Japanese nostalgia. Their shows are always more theatrical than anything, with tons of hilarious skits in between the songs.

Lately, they've been more experimental with their music. The mini-album 'Drops' is nothing like anything they've done before, and their style in general is very diverse. You can find at least 5 songs that sound nothing like each other, and yet, the band still manages to have a unique, distinctive sound.

They've been around since 1995, and as far as I know, are still pretty active. The old lineup used to be Amano, Yoshikawa, Yamada, and Matsushima, but at some point everybody but Amano left, and the band became what it is now:

Guitar & Vo.: Amano Tonbimaru [Leader]
Guitar: Numakura Shin
Bass: Tamakoshi Isao
Drums: Maeda Kazutomo

Former members:
Bass & Vo.: Yoshikawa Masatoshi
Guitar: Yamada Shunsuke
Drums: Matsushima Kouji

Discography: (Only listing their albums - too many demotapes)
- Doko no aosa ni kimi, maketa (99/6/6)
- Sakai no akasa no sei nano desu (00/3/4)
- Bonjin hakusho (00/12/12)
- Nonsense imi wa nai kedo igi ga aru (01/7/4)
- Wadachi (02/1/4)
- Ue shita hidari migi (02/4/1)
-- member change --
- Sono mama de ii yo (02/11/14)
- Koi koron, kimi ni wa koron, heya muon (03/5/15)
- Sentence igi wa aru kedo garasubari (03/07/04)
- Miraiha tantei dan sei (03/11/15)
- Ara, karuto (04/01/06)
- Drops+bootleg+2 (04/05/01)

Links:
Official Site
An excellent fanlisting - has info, mp3 samples, links.
Visunavi artist profile - useful info
The drummer's website - he posts random pictures of random objects (and the band)

If you're interested in something unique, try them. I find it amusing that people can hate large chunks of their work and yet, adore others. I'm always looking for fellow fans - they're not very popular outside of Japan. Those of you who've experienced this band, any opinions?
I love dem boys. Sono mama de ii yo heart heart

You should post the link to Kazutomo's website xd
Quote:

Yep, yep.
*added*

That entire month I was in Japan... was "Sono mama de ii yo" month.
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, yep.
*added*

What does "Sono mama de ii yo" mean?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, yep.
*added*

What does "Sono mama de ii yo" mean?

o.o dunno how to translate it...
Guruguru. heart They are a really fun band... But I didn't like their Drops album =/, which is ironicly the only thing I've bought from them so far. (Besides that Inugami/Guruguru/Onmyouza/Raoya/Jigoku e sample CD, but that just doesn't count.)

Excite gives me Sono mama de ii yo as "It is easy to come out then."
XD I don't know... I looked up "mama" in my dictionary because that word makes me twich and I don't understand it very much.. would it mean "It's good as it is"? Or "It's good enough as it is"?That's what I get from what my dictionary uses as an example as "Sono mama". .....But my lack of japanese. x___x

[edit] Every time I go to this post, I get a mistletoe over my head. >.> so I'm just going to keep clicking on everyone here.

Ruthless Informer

Yeah...drops was a bit harder than their usual. It threw me off pretty well, too.

But the live video that came with it was g-rate as per their usual. <3
Hmmm, I havn't heard much of thier stuff. This thread kind of spurs me on to find some more ^-^

Ruthless Informer

Quote:
Hmmm, I havn't heard much of thier stuff. This thread kind of spurs me on to find some more ^-^
There's still a song on the radio blog.

I've been thinking of changing it to Utae! Catharsis....after it got suck in my head so well recently.
Quote:
Quote:
There's still a song on the radio blog.

I've been thinking of changing it to Utae! Catharsis....after it got suck in my head so well recently.

Yeah, I heard that one before whee . Radio blog heart
Quote:

twisted twisted twisted
Actually, I've come to love 'drops' too.
the "BLEEEEP"ing in drops threw me off... couldn't figure if that were censors or they were just purposely trying to be annoying... >.> *grabs the CD to listen in her car while she goes to work to hear it again.. since she only heard it once or twice months ago*
I will start listening to Guruguru Eigakan... soon. MadTiger... you need to get me into it. *nudges*
Quote:
I will start listening to Guruguru Eigakan... soon. MadTiger... you need to get me into it. *nudges*

The hell you will.
Or will you?
HMMMMM!?!?
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items