Liked it - good song 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 10 ]
Meh - neutral 0.089285714285714 8.9% [ 5 ]
Disliked a majority of it 0.035714285714286 3.6% [ 2 ]
One of their worst songs 0.125 12.5% [ 7 ]
Hated it - their worst work yet 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Shy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think it's okay. I listened to it yesterday and gave up. I'm re-listening to it and I see all the points made above. So many different "song" changes...It would have been great if they had kept it to that one beat instead of changing it up so much.

Enduring Elder

11,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
The video felt like they were going back to the 90's in their wardrobe. It seems like their trip to the U.S. influenced a lot of their songs. The beat for "Dancing Queen" sounded like a song I've heard before.

The thing I hate is how 2NE1 fans think SNSD is copying them lately.

Kawaii Shoujo

19,250 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I couldn't get past the first 30 seconds of it. It was just an awful mess.

moonyong
I believe Girls' Generation should just stick to the image that they debuted as- cutesy pop

some of their songs in the past weren't cutesy pop, either, like Run Devil Run. Genie also didn't strike me as a cutesy pop song, but just ol' regular pop.

Kawaii Shoujo

19,250 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Skye River
The video felt like they were going back to the 90's in their wardrobe. It seems like their trip to the U.S. influenced a lot of their songs. The beat for "Dancing Queen" sounded like a song I've heard before.

The thing I hate is how 2NE1 fans think SNSD is copying them lately.

regarding Dancing Queen, both the song and MV for it was actually recorded and filmed back in 2008, and originally they were going to release that for their 2008-2009 comeback instead of Gee, but because it used the same music as Duffy's Mercy and they didn't have the rights to use it until now, they had to cancel it and use Gee instead. From what I've read, some of the members even cried that they couldn't use the song because they had spent so much time learning the song and dance, only to be told they couldn't use it at all.

Magical Smoker

8,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
At first I thought it sounded strange, but then I heard people talking about reading the lyrics, so I did. Then when I read them I kind of understood the song changes a bit more. There is a consistent beat through the whole song even with the changes, so it's not like it's 5 random songs cut/paste together. After reading the lyrics and listening to it a few more times I grew to like it.

Quotable Conversationalist

Flora Carrow

I agree with like… Pretty much everything you said. When I first saw the teaser, I was extremely excited and had expected SNSD to go in the route of their normal things, but I did expect it to be a bit more upbeat.

When I first heard the song, I was completely confused and tried to follow along with the beats, but when I got into one beat, then another one would start and I'd get thrown off. My boyfriend said that he liked one part of the song because of the dubstep-like beat.

I guess it's just something that will continuously have mixed reviews, but I still love SNSD.

Wolf

I'm sones. First thought of the song;
"eh, so weird, 5 songs in 1?"
So I keep replaying IGAB and found out it's actually really good.
yeah~ the dance. I don't get it why people said sunny's hair is ugly. It's aegyo to me.

But, I prefer SNSD with aegyo concept.
And... Yoona, hyoyeon, yuri, sooyoung got some part that suit them.
at first i didnt like it that much, but it grew on me after a few listens

Tipsy Poster

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

I adore it. I can see why a lot of people don't like it, though.

I'm a fan of the styles of music all put together in IGAB and I love the clothing choices heart

6,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
I didnt like it at first, but when i listen to it the third time; i started to like it more..
And by the 10th time that i listen to it, i started to sing and dance along with the song..
This is a new experience that the girls are doing, so im not really surprise that theres going to be mix responses from SONEs and Non-SONEs...
The music video was nice and i see that Hyoyeon is getting somewhat little more screen time, Yuri is just a badass and Seohyun is just awkward in the music video in my opinion...
But the one thing im going to complain is that they should never rap.....
evil

Aged Citizen

I HOPE ERRBODY HAS HAD ATTEMPTED TO LOOK UP WHY THE SONG SOUNDS ALL JUMBLED UP. IF NOT, THEN JUST CONTINUE READING o/

“The tune of the song changes to show how girls’ emotions change so quickly when they are with a guy. The first tune is the girl being jealous of other girls and wanting a boy friend. The second one is she is happy that she has a bf now, and he is “perfect” man. The third one (when they are all in the same wigs) is when she is doubting her relationship, but then it goes back to the second one to show how easily girls hearts can waver.”

AND YEAH I WASN'T SO FOND AT FIRST BUT THIS SONG REALLY CHANGES UP THE WHOLE KPOP SCENE. A BALLSY MOVE ON SNSDS' PART TO RELEASE SUCH A SONG.

Wealthy Ladykiller

Maknae shii

I HOPE ERRBODY HAS HAD ATTEMPTED TO LOOK UP WHY THE SONG SOUNDS ALL JUMBLED UP. IF NOT, THEN JUST CONTINUE READING o/

“The tune of the song changes to show how girls’ emotions change so quickly when they are with a guy. The first tune is the girl being jealous of other girls and wanting a boy friend. The second one is she is happy that she has a bf now, and he is “perfect” man. The third one (when they are all in the same wigs) is when she is doubting her relationship, but then it goes back to the second one to show how easily girls hearts can waver.”

AND YEAH I WASN'T SO FOND AT FIRST BUT THIS SONG REALLY CHANGES UP THE WHOLE KPOP SCENE. A BALLSY MOVE ON SNSDS' PART TO RELEASE SUCH A SONG.

oh wow o:
that does make sense then !!
i'm glad they released this song even if it's not what most people were expecting yum_puddi

Blessed Fatcat

7,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I like it, the concept I love and the cherography but defintly better then the boys
I dunno guys. I actually really, really liked this song. I don't really understand why people think it's such a hot mess; as a life-long musician and altogether nerd, I find the composition to be sound. There's enough background pattern to connect the different parts, and this isn't the first song to experiment with several different tempos. Plus, the mind of a person getting into a relationship is pretty crazy in general, and that's what the song's about.

As someone who got out of a toxic relationship into one where literally every nice thing my boy did and does is a huge, waterwork-inducing shock to me, this song was honestly very relateable. Also, I love the dance.
For the people who clicked "I liked most of it" or " I loved it", is obviously a SONE. This is one of their worst songs yet. It changes songs halfway and their wearing belly shirts that has nothing to do with the concept. I hated it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games