6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
What did you guys think?

Wealthy Ladykiller

i liked it yum_puddi
i'm not really a sone or listen to their music regularly though u o u
i haven't listened to the rest of the songs on the album yet !! which i want to do soon User Image

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
IGAB was a mess. It sounded like 5 different songs in one.
Kremeh

Agree with this.

Sparkly Duck

10,500 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
kanggoo
Kremeh

Agree with this.

User Image

This. But still cute and fun. 3nodding

User Image

Fashionable Genius

it is a masterpiece. most creative song concept i've ever heard. very proud of our girls, they've done an amazing job!

XSenkoX's Significant Otter

Inquisitive Lover

I'm surprised people are calling it a masterpiece since I find this to be a hot mess altogether. The part where Taeyeon came at the beginning to the first chorus was okay. After that the song tried to mesh with every possible beats imaginable. The MV was pretty, but I literally had a wtf moment listening to it and I can't imagine them garnering new fans and keeping old ones considering the amount of mixed reviews it's getting from fans and non-fans alike. The only reason this song would be a hit is because it's SNSD.

Well, at least they got different boxes for all the parts of I got a Boy.
Sierra The Captor
I'm surprised people are calling it a masterpiece since I find this to be a hot mess altogether. The part where Taeyeon came at the beginning to the first chorus was okay. After that the song tried to mesh with every possible beats imaginable. The MV was pretty, but I literally had a wtf moment listening to it and I can't imagine them garnering new fans and keeping old ones considering the amount of mixed reviews it's getting from fans and non-fans alike. The only reason this song would be a hit is because it's SNSD.

This. I can usually understand the appeal of a song but I'm not sure how anyone could stick up for this.

I'm beginning to think kpop is just releasing crap like this to see how much they can get away with at this point.

to be honest, I didn't like the song at all. I believe Girls' Generation should just stick to the image that they debuted as- cutesy pop. I really liked them in all eras, but The Boys wasn't that great, and neither is this.

Don't get me wrong, there are some songs in the album, IGAB, that I like.

also I find that they shouldn't rap.
          sorry buthurt sones
Sierra The Captor

exactly.

Profitable Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
LOVVEE IT!

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
First off, I will say that I am a SONE and I do prefer their original "cutesy" concept.

When it comes to "I got a Boy" I have a lot of mixed feelings. At first listening, like many, I also felt that this song was a hot mess. Not only that, I felt like SM was trying hard to make up for some of the critical success that YG has had over them throughout this past year by trying to give SNSD an "edgy" feel similar to that of 2NE1. This is like trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole. It just doesn't work out. Between their rapping and more powerful dancing SNSD are still doing their usual aegyo. It's a little awkward and makes the concept seem even more forced.

There is a reason why their teaser song,"Dancing Queen", was so popular across all boards. It's the sort of song that SNSD does best and fans have come to not only expect, but love. Not to mention, it was produced around one of the strongest points of their careers. I'm not saying that they shouldn't branch out and try new things as they grow older, but they should also not bite the hand that feeds them. Their last Korean single, "The Boys", didn't do as well as past singles, so I would have thought that they would go with something a little safer this time around.

I can sort of understand why SM tried to make a mash-up of songs work for SNSD, though. They did this with SHINee's "Sherlock" and had great success with it. The problem is, "Sherlock" only mashed up two songs while "I Got A Boy" took on what? Four? Five songs? There is so much going on that it just ends up seeming more like a cluster ******** of sounds than an actual well polished song produced by a big record label.

On a positive note, I will say that the music's transitions did seem to have some sense to them after I listened to the song with English subtitles . Which, helped me to like the song more. I have gotten it stuck in my head, but it's mostly the "I've got a boy, handsome~" chorus. The music video is also gorgeous and you can tell that the girls worked very, very hard on the song's accompanying dance.

I do think that the song would have been much more popular if after the beginning rap was over SM would have kept the tempo of the following music throughout the song, added in the chorus without changing to the tempo very much, and maybe kept in Taeyeon and Tiffany's solos, slowing down the song just a little at that point.

Overall, I think that the song would have been fantastic if SM hadn't tried to mold SNSD into something that they aren't. Although, credit should be given to SNSD for being confident enough to try out something completely foreign to them.

These are all of my personal opinions and I respect everyone's as well.

Lonely Seeker

honestly, i was super excited when i saw the teaser. i was like, "oooh this is going to be superb!"
but when i saw the video, i agree with the others. it is true that it was like so many songs put together as one. i like the video but the song is a bit questionable. the first part of the song was cool but as the other beats went in, it just messed everything up.

but i still like it. since it has a cool dance and cool colors. hehe. and i like the very intro of the song. that part was pretty catchy.

Interesting Member

It was a good song and it was better than their previous title track The Boys. It wasn't their best song but they had an interesting concept.
dreadful and messy. the video itself makes for good thinspo, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff