Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Gekko

Mythical Gekko

<center>Live Schedule:</center>

November:
<center>tuesday, november 23rd, 2004
takadanobaba area
open 5:00 / start 5:30
presale 2,500 / door 3,000 (drink fee separate)
furasshu Vol.1 [Flash Vol.1]~kaisen~
HenzeL / gimikku / CELLT / SIN / others (secret band)
**for more information: mardersuitcase 03-3343-5590

sunday, november 28th, 2004
takadanobaba area
presale 3,000 / door 3,500 (drink fee separate)
piasu kantou shuukai [the piass kantou gathering] piasu [the piass] / gifuto [gift] / gimikku / derufiniumu [delphinium] / Deuorl / hagakure / fioore [fiore] / feathers-blue / BLACK JACK / rugina
</center>

December:

<center>saturday, december 4th, 2004
esaka muse
open 3:30 / start 4:00
presale 2,800 / door 3,300
12012 hosting event:the guilty of sixdays
12012 / Panic*ch / gimikku / aikaryuu / neoni (not sure of romanization) / shugaa fookufuru [sugar forkfull] / NEVER CRAZY / garu [girl] / jyakkaru [jackal] / Cuartet
**for more information: esaka muse: 06-6387-0203
**tickets sold through ticket pia 0570-02-9999, lawson tickets 0570-00-0403, and like an edison, osaka shop 06-6459-5988

wednesday, december 8th, 2004
takadanobaba area
presale 2,800 / door 3,300
fujipurosamitto! [fujipro summit!] Vol.1
FAME (Vo.mahiro, Gt.shoji, Ba.heath (X JAPAN), Dr.JUN (Ladies Room) / shame / Vogus Image / gimikku / HenzeL / Clover
**for more information: mardersuitcase 03-3343-5590

wednesday, december 15th, 2004
takadanobaba area
open / start
presale / door
GHOST hosting event "haunted carnival vol.1"
GHOST / gimikku / Cuartet / BLACK JACK / others

saturday, december 25th, 2004
meguro rokumeikan [rock may kan]
open / start
presale / door
*niya*'happi kurisumasu hoorii rabaa' ['happy christmas holi-lover']
kamikaze shonendan / gimikku / jakkaru [jackal] / others

monday, december 27th, 2004
takadanobaba area
open / start
presale / door

friday, december 31st, 2004
yokohama akarenga souko building1, 3F hall
open 5:00 / start 6:00
presale 4,725 / door 5,250
stylish wave COUNT DOWN '04-'05
sharurotto [charlotte] / Vogus Image / Shelly Trip Realize / MASK / kinarura [knlle] / HenzeL / antikku koohiiten [antique cafe] / babiron [babylon] / uchuusentai NOIZ [imitation pops NOIZ] / gimikku / JOKER / marusa / Plu'to / porori / ayabie / ichigo69. / SIN / Calmando Qual / beaU / kamikaze shonendan / Atmos+note / others
**for more information: sunrise corporation 0570-00-3337
**early bird tickets on sale through like an edison, tokyo shop 03-3369-3708 (telephone reservations start 11/8 ).
**tickets on sale through ticket pia 0570-02-9966 (p-code: 185-464), CN playguide 03-3369-3708, lawson tickets 0570-06-3003 (l-code: 31584), eplus http://eee.eplus.co.jp.</center>

January:

<center>thursday, january 20th, 2005
shibuya o-crest
open 6:00 / start 6:30
presale 2,500 / door 3,000 (drink fee separate)
Gate & Stairs[G]
**for more information: Shibuya O-Crest 03-3770-1095
**tickets on sale at like an edison, tokyo shop 03-3369-3599 and lawson tickets 0570-00-0403</center>
I bought their first maxi-single when it came up, and I'd have to say I think it's quite good. I'm looking forward to the next maxi-single, and hopefully it will be even better than the first! ^_^
Wow! Thanks for all the info/links! ^^ I love Gimikku! Can't wait for the next release!

Mythical Gekko

Not a problem. We need more official threads set up like this!!!!

From the samples... which I listened to... I liked what I heard. I did catch a few guitar lines that put Vidoll to mind.... also the vocals aren't perfect..... but not horrible or so bad you can't listen to them. And besides, not one vocalist our there is perfect anyways. Of the four clips, I think I liked most was gotai fumanzoku, the last track of the maxi single. But thats just me ^_^

One of the people on devWatch list was lauding Gimmick, saying that Ayano's work here was even better than in Vidoll, so i though I'd check them out. Not too shabby for a first impression by what I heard.
No - not too shabby at all! I would never guess that Sekando Opinion was their first release. They already have such a distinguished sound! ^^

Mythical Gekko

hinohoshi
No - not too shabby at all! I would never guess that Sekando Opinion was their first release. They already have such a distinguished sound! ^^

I'm not sure I'd call it distinguished........ not even disticnt at this moment.......... they are still working towards their own sound, as I still hear too much that reminds of Vidoll in the guitar. Of course that is expected as the single is his first after leaving vidoll, but i wouldn't say they had a distinguished sound until they had more of their own unique sound.
Okay.. my 2 cents on ギミック.. I've now seen them live twice and had varied opinions. The first live was at Meguro Rock May Kan, which means it obviously sucked. That live house needs to die horribly. The second time however was at Takadanobaba AREA and I REALLY got into it. Something compelled me to just leap into action, and the overly friendly nature of the fans urging me to join in just added to it. No, I don't really think they're anything particularly new yet.. but for a band who've only been together for a short time and released one CD, they're VERY tight.. but I suspect that comes from them all bar 1 being from semi-large bands before this one. This also means they have a decently written songs and a good stage prescence.

On a negative side though.. their vocalist does need some definate work. Live, he just sounds SO quiet and you kind of want to run to the sound booth and turn him up. He's out of tune a lot of the time, not in an endearing way either... and most of the time, you just want to punch him in the stomach to get him to project his voice and sing from deep down in side of him. However, I do think he has potential and if he actually makes an effort.. he can get better, and therefore the band as a whole can get better.

I do have to wonder though how well these guys would be doing were they all nobodies who no one had every heard of. I don't know one fan yet who's a fan because they discovered this band, they're all followers of whatever band boi they follow's previous band.

Mythical Gekko

It's nice to be able to hear from someone who's heard them live, as I've only heard the samples on a fansite. It will be nice to hear how the band grows as time passes. I'd love to be able to hear the songs in their entirity!

Thank you for the opinion and infrmation.Lets hope Takumi gets better live soon though ^_^ It'd suck to have him just be a good studio voice like some other vocalists i know of......

Please post back in here if you get to se any more lives! It'd be great to be able to keep a running tab on how they are sounding as time passes!
I realized when I heard their first maxi that they kinda reminded me of old, indies Dir en grey? I dunno why, that's just the first thing that came to mind when I heard em. I'm a huge Vidoll fan, and Ayano was my favorite member until he left, thus why I was so eager about Gimmick, and well, they don't disappoint which makes me happy.

Well, here's the main reason for this post, just so you can update the first post in this thread with new info.

The new CD's name is... dun dun dun!!!: "Minerals"

w00t.
*waves at TerraFlame* I know you.. hehehe.. I bet you know me too.. *hint hint* midnitestar7... (^_~)

Mythical Gekko

TeRRaFLaMe
I realized when I heard their first maxi that they kinda reminded me of old, indies Dir en grey? I dunno why, that's just the first thing that came to mind when I heard em. I'm a huge Vidoll fan, and Ayano was my favorite member until he left, thus why I was so eager about Gimmick, and well, they don't disappoint which makes me happy.

Well, here's the main reason for this post, just so you can update the first post in this thread with new info.

The new CD's name is... dun dun dun!!!: "Minerals"

w00t.

hmm... indies diru eh? haven't heard any so I wouldn;t know... i was definatly reminded of Vidoll when i listened though ^_^

i gotta go update my info @.@

Mythical Gekko

~bump~
well that was a long time between updating sweatdrop

gimmick has a one man live in january!!!
Whooooo, one man! Hopefully they'll have enough songs for a one man by then, considering they've only released 2 CDs. :/

Minerals was good. Not as good as Second Opinion, but it was a good CD. In my opinion, the first and third tracks were best... the second was kinda bad, mainly due to the vocalist's voice sounding absolutely HORRID in it. Other than that, it was good.

Mythical Gekko

I'm going to have to find some place to find it..... time to scour slsk >.<
not that i can hear on this stupid soundcard-less comp D:

By the time jaunary comes it's possible they'll either have more songs ready to be released or maybe even another cd out.... that should help with the song count...... we hope at least.... XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff