Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Bunny

User Image
User Image
I'm personally a huge Jrock fan and looking for more Jrock fans here on gaia and possible some more bands to love.
I love Megamasso, The GazzettE, Alice Nine, An Cafe, Royz, L'Arc~en~Ciel and ScReW just to name a few.
What are some Jrock bands you all love? stay around and chat about it!

User ImageLISTENING TO:September Love-MegamassoUser Image
User Image

Tipsy Poster

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Is 'Bump of Chicken' considered jrock cause if they are then yes I love them heart

Rainbow Unicorn

X JAPAN. But then I don't consider them typical definition of 'j-rock' today. More metal/early visual kei in this case.

Dapper Bunny

Meshes of the Afternoon
X JAPAN. But then I don't consider them typical definition of 'j-rock' today. More metal/early visual kei in this case.
User Image
User Image

Yes, X JAPAN is a great band.

User ImageLISTENING TO:-User Image
User Image

Cute Elder

the Gazette is by far my favorite jrock band.
Then there's Acid Black Cherry, Versailles, and SuG.
Those are like my top ones at the moment, but I do listen to bands as well, but those are my top ones.

Dapper Bunny

link_to_the_past
Those are like my top ones at the moment, but I do listen to bands as well, but those are my top ones.
User Image
User Image

SuG is one of my favorites too.

User Image

Cute Elder

Cotton Candi Cupcake
link_to_the_past
User Image
User Image

SuG is one of my favorites too.

User Image

ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ
Sweet.
I was really hype when SuG and Versailles were on J-melo together the other day.

Liberal Loverboy

12,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Loiterer 100
What does J-Rock encompass? Is it purely rock, or do other (sub?) genres such as Punk, Visual Kei and Metal fit under the umbrella?

Anyway, in no particular order:
- Glay
- The Pillows (I kinda squeed when I realised that the music from FLCL was done by them!)
- Maximum the Hormone (Bugger Death Note; Koi no Mega Lover is da bomb! Also, they were going to play at the Soundwave music festival in 2010, but Nao was pregant at the time)
- Aldious
- Nightmare (Varuna is still my fave song by them)
- The Gazette

Dapper Bunny

g00kie_m0nster
What does J-Rock encompass? Is it purely rock, or do other (sub?) genres such as Punk, Visual Kei and Metal fit under the umbrella?

Anyway, in no particular order:
- Glay
- The Pillows (I kinda squeed when I realised that the music from FLCL was done by them!)
- Maximum the Hormone (Bugger Death Note; Koi no Mega Lover is da bomb! Also, they were going to play at the Soundwave music festival in 2010, but Nao was pregant at the time)
- Aldious
- Nightmare (Varuna is still my fave song by them)
- The Gazette
User Image
User Image

for me it covers all the subs too. It wide category.
I do enjoy The Pillows ^^

User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

what I define jrock, they is pure genius heart
Plastic Tree - although I stopped keeping up with their new songs after Utsusemi, I pretty much have the discography before that and think it's all brilliant! ^^

after that I can't honestly say i'm a fan of these bands, but there are a handful of songs that I really like by Ellegarden, Radwimps, and Crow'sClaw
ONE OK ROCK
L'arc~en~ciel
UVERworld
SPYAIR
the GazettE
girugamesh
SuG
ViViD
The Kiddie
LM.C

Benevolent Bloodsucker

I've been into J-rock for about 10 years now and I still have a major soft spot for visual kei.

I prefer older visual kei from the 90's and early 2000's, like Raphael, Pierrot, SHAZNA, Baiser, Velvet Eden, Missalina Rei, Noi Fleurir, Aliene Ma'riage, Due le Quartz, Kagrra, Rentrer en Soi, EllDorado, etc.
I like Key Part bands a lot. Matina, too.

There are some good vk bands that are still around as well as some newer ones, like DaizyStripper (saw one month ago), -OZ- (who I'm seeing tomorrow), ZUCK, Mejibray, BORN (seeing those three next week), Aldious, Crazy Shampoo, lynch, deathgaze

I don't listen to vk as much as I used to but when I do, it's mostly 90's s**t.

Plastic Tree, too.
Plastic Tree very much.

Shy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kagrra, SID, Gackt (his rock songs), Gazette, and Dir En Grey.
I use to listen to them back in the day non stop. <3 I've recently got back into the first three. <3 <3

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
As far as VK goes I have to say The Gazette! or Janne de Arc

But as far as other (I consider them Japanese idol/metal...they call it KawaiiMetal) is Babymetal

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff