Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fan?

+ 1 1 100.0% [ 434 ]
Total Votes:[ 434 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 82 83 84 > >>

Cunning Fox

@PPP - Do you know what was said in particular? I'm not trying to downplay it or anything; but was it like a 'kkam' joke or something?
            @PPP - It might be a bit naive, but I'd like to think those type of comments stop there && even before

Ahh, but that choreo for Overdose--! It makes me giggle
            I quite like the styling for the MV, as well; for Kris, Chanyeol & Lay, in particular > those suits in the group dance sequence are perf

Keke, speaking of clothing--
            That new Run & Gun item that Gaia released emotion_awesome
Ain't heard anything about what's been said so can't really comment

wonder if we're going to get a Drama MV like we did with Wolf/Growl. Probably not knowing SM but it would be fun

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
` ll [ E d w a r d ]
            Ahh, but that choreo for Overdose--! It makes me giggle
            I quite like the styling for the MV, as well; for Kris, Chanyeol & Lay, in particular > those suits in the group dance sequence are perf

Keke, speaking of clothing--
            That new Run & Gun item that Gaia released emotion_awesome
omg i caved and saw the lq mv on dailymotion. >A< it's soooo amazingggg omg. i'm gonna hold off on watching it again until sm releases the hq version on youtube omgomg can't wait! i love exo so much xDD

lol the announcement was a nice surprise. i hope this gpop galaxy item will be a series. emotion_dowant

Cunning Fox

badtzmaru
            Right! I just happened across the DM vid, and I simply couldn't resist--
            /has totally watched the M ver. like 5x today
            Hope I can manage to get my hands on the album;
            Even if it takes a bit long >v<

Keke me as well; I'm excited for could possibly come up with next~
            && I thought it was really cool that they recognised the Kpop community here; outside of PSY.

Cluttered Businesswoman

` ll [ E d w a r d ]
@PPP - Do you know what was said in particular? I'm not trying to downplay it or anything; but was it like a 'kkam' joke or something?
@PPP - It might be a bit naive, but I'd like to think those type of comments stop there && even before

It was something along the lines of "Tao's darker skin is a problem".

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Pretty Pea Princess
I heard that Luhan said some colorist bullshit about Tao's darker skin... Is that true? neutral
yes, its true. some people are making the argument that Luhan & Tao are close and comfortable enough to joke about Tao's skin color though. edit: i'll see if i can find the video with subs.

also, hi everyone ^ ^
been busy offline and i haven't really had time to stop by.

Cluttered Businesswoman

ashleywa
Pretty Pea Princess
I heard that Luhan said some colorist bullshit about Tao's darker skin... Is that true? neutral
yes, its true. some people are making the argument that Luhan & Tao are close and comfortable enough to joke about Tao's skin color though. edit: i'll see if i can find the video with subs.

also, hi everyone ^ ^

I would really appreciate that.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Pretty Pea Princess
ashleywa
Pretty Pea Princess

also, hi everyone ^ ^

I would really appreciate that.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ah, finally found it. you can see that Kris tries to stop Luhan from making it worse.
i know that asian beauty standards value light skin, but you don't need to shame Tao for being dark.
same for Kai...
emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm
exo-m for nature republic

Invisible Citizen

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
boxian
petition to punch byun baekhyun in the face

-signed-

Cluttered Businesswoman

ashleywa

ah, finally found it. you can see that Kris tries to stop Luhan from making it worse.
i know that asian beauty standards value light skin, but you don't need to shame Tao for being dark.
same for Kai...

I hate Asian beauty standards.
I really cringed at Luhan's comment. I'm really disappointed too.
Thanks for finding the video. I really appreciate it.
By the way, what do you mean:
Quote:
same for Kai...

Did he shame Tao as well?

Hygienic Kitten

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Pretty Pea Princess
ashleywa

same for Kai...

I hate Asian beauty standards.
I really cringed at Luhan's comment. I'm really disappointed too.
Thanks for finding the video. I really appreciate it.
By the way, what do you mean:
Quote:
same for Kai...

Did he shame Tao as well?

I think they mean that exo should stop making fun of Kai's skintone too. The colorist jokes are tiresome and old they should get over it. They can't be a global group with that kind of mindset rolleyes
How do they not realize they could be offending not only tao and kai but also all their fans with darker skin? Are they that ignorant?

Alien Star

boxian
petition to punch byun baekhyun in the face

I'm in
Let's put things into perspective. Considering the fact that they work in an industry that revolves around "beauty" (by beauty I mean asian beauty standards) Not to mention the fact that they live in a VERY competitive society that prioritizes beauty at the very top; it has been instilled in their minds that tan skin tones is not the ideal type of skin tone that Asians like.
So realistically speaking, not all of them are going to consider the feelings of darker skinned people, because they're not going to get shunned for doing so in Korea or China.

Now now, I'm not saying that colorist jokes are acceptable. Of course its morally wrong. However, the main point I am trying to get across is that its not really something to make a huge deal out of and its really no surprise that they're going to be "ignorant" about it.

parksoos's Wife

Super Junior

BLOOMlNG
Let's put things into perspective. Considering the fact that they work in an industry that revolves around "beauty" (by beauty I mean asian beauty standards) Not to mention the fact that they live in a VERY competitive society that prioritizes beauty at the very top; it has been instilled in their minds that tan skin tones is not the ideal type of skin tone that Asians like.
So realistically speaking, not all of them are going to consider the feelings of darker skinned people, because they're not going to get shunned for doing so in Korea or China.

Now now, I'm not saying that colorist jokes are acceptable. Of course its morally wrong. However, the main point I am trying to get across is that its not really something to make a huge deal out of and its really no surprise that they're going to be "ignorant" about it.

User Image
boxian
BLOOMlNG

User Image

Plus the way I took it in the video it was the guys having a dig at one another as they will probably inevitably do and it's another chance to pick on the maknae again so it kinda falls under that sort of spectrum to me.

I can understand why some people would be kinda iffy about the whole colourist thing but we have to remember that it's something completely different in a different society and we cannot just expect that everyone will follow the exact same code either.

And it's nice to see that Kris did step up in the leader position and tell Luhan off for saying such a thing, granted we didn't get the full cut but he was straight there which was good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff