Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Warlord

12,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
Is there anyone who's into European music? And no, I don't mean European singers who are widely known in the US.

goddess galaxia's Husband

Schwarzer Engel.
Why hello one of few fellow European music fans, I enjoy European music too. Particularly music from Russia, the Ukraine, and the Balkans; but I also like certain artists from wherever and am open to suggestions.

Engraved On the Moon
Why hello one of few fellow European music fans, I enjoy European music too. Particularly music from Russia, the Ukraine, and the Balkans; but I also like certain artists from wherever and am open to suggestions.

I have been getting into Slavic music lately, and I must admit that Russian and Ukrainian music is quite beautiful, whether it's pop, folk, and in some cases metal.

Alla Kudlai

EDIT: Your right...it is all eastern Asian pop in here... Where's the German laguage? Where's Norse, Native American, African, Sami, etc?
KiraSchubaltz
Engraved On the Moon

I have been getting into Slavic music lately, and I must admit that Russian and Ukrainian music is quite beautiful, whether it's pop, folk, and in some cases metal.

Alla Kudlai

EDIT: Your right...it is all eastern Asian pop in here... Where's the German laguage? Where's Norse, Native American, African, Sami, etc?

I have seen many German threads, an extremely good Nordic thread, and the odd other country thread (over the years). They just all get buried in the Asian threads and are bumped off the first page in no time, so most people probably never get the chance to see them. And there doesn't seem to be enough interest to narrow a thread down to singers or bands from a particular country (outside of Asia), so every European thread ends up pushing various singers and genres into one. There was a petition to have the International forum separated into Asian and Other but it never seemed to go anywhere even though quite a few people showed interest. sad

Fashionable Warlord

12,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
Engraved On the Moon

I remember you~

I was on my other account, I showed you some really rad Albanian music, remember? 4laugh

Engraved On the Moon
KiraSchubaltz
Engraved On the Moon

Alla Kudlai

I have seen many German threads, an extremely good Nordic thread, and the odd other country thread (over the years). They just all get buried in the Asian threads and are bumped off the first page in no time, so most people probably never get the chance to see them. And there doesn't seem to be enough interest to narrow a thread down to singers or bands from a particular country (outside of Asia), so every European thread ends up pushing various singers and genres into one. There was a petition to have the International forum separated into Asian and Other but it never seemed to go anywhere even though quite a few people showed interest. sad

Now that you mention it, I do remember a Nordic thread from a while back. I had posted an Eivor Palsdottir song in it. At the very least, the ones that post non-Japan and/or Korea* threads are trying. Sadly, it is hard to narrow genres and artists of other countries, considering how these threads get buried in 24 hours.

*Where the crap did the Korea explosion come from? All I know is one day there's a thread about a group's reunion and then a couple days later, even the larger Japan threads started to vanish...
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon

I remember you~

I was on my other account, I showed you some really rad Albanian music, remember? 4laugh

I remember that! biggrin
I've recently found some more Albanian music to enjoy too.

KiraSchubaltz
Now that you mention it, I do remember a Nordic thread from a while back. I had posted an Eivor Palsdottir song in it. At the very least, the ones that post non-Japan and/or Korea* threads are trying. Sadly, it is hard to narrow genres and artists of other countries, considering how these threads get buried in 24 hours.

*Where the crap did the Korea explosion come from? All I know is one day there's a thread about a group's reunion and then a couple days later, even the larger Japan threads started to vanish...

Kpop exploded when it started to sound more like Western music, catchy dance pop songs and well, some people do seem to focus on the pretty boy/girl looks too much as well. It sounds a lot like music in America and that probably makes it easy to get into and like.

Fashionable Warlord

12,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
Engraved On the Moon
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon

I remember you~

I remember that! biggrin

I recently got really into Jelena Karleusa, and judging by your sig, you're also a fan. I discovered her when the clip for Krimi Rad came out, and just a few days ago, I found a racist blog post by Perez Hilton bashing her about being Lady Gaga's wannabe.

I was like, oh heeeeeell no, this fat c**t ain't gonna be talkin' smack about my home girl. I read the comments and I saw someone say JK has been on the scene since the mid 90s, so I also did my research, and I went through every song from every album that came out before Diva. I added her to my list of favourite female celebrity icons. 3nodding

Wheezing Fatcat

Huge Nordic music fan/AZN-pop nonfan here!

I don't think Pariisin Kevät (Finnish) is widely known in the US yet, but they've been my favorite foreign group for a good year or two now. My favorite of theirs is Metsän Laidalla Puut probably followed by Sytytä Valo.

I think Kent (Swedish) is definitely better known, but I've only gotten into their stuff in the past few months. My favorites from them are Isis & Bast and Sundance Kid.

I love the metal that comes from the Nordic nations, but a lot of those groups (Sabaton, Korpiklaani, etc.) sing in English and/or are already very popular here.

I would be ecstatic if there were more Saami vocalists. The only band I've found so far is Intrigue, and I know Korpiklaani did some Saami stuff when they were still Shamaani Duo as well as having some joiking on their newest album.

Rainbow Unicorn

Yeah! I wonder why we haven't gotten a "real" International forum yet -_-'

Awesome swedish guys... Although it won 1965 XD
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon

I remember you~

I remember that! biggrin

I recently got really into Jelena Karleusa, and judging by your sig, you're also a fan. I discovered her when the clip for Krimi Rad came out, and just a few days ago, I found a racist blog post by Perez Hilton bashing her about being Lady Gaga's wannabe.

I was like, oh heeeeeell no, this fat c**t ain't gonna be talkin' smack about my home girl. I read the comments and I saw someone say JK has been on the scene since the mid 90s, so I also did my research, and I went through every song from every album that came out before Diva. I added her to my list of favourite female celebrity icons. 3nodding

I am a fan of JK. She has been known to copy others, and I have noticed it at times, I just don't care. However, I don't believe she copied Lady Gaga, it's hard to copy someone who is already a copy of the whole diva idea.

Fashionable Warlord

12,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
Engraved On the Moon
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon
Super Minaj
Engraved On the Moon

I remember you~

I remember that! biggrin

I am a fan of JK. She has been known to copy others, and I have noticed it at times, I just don't care. However, I don't believe she copied Lady Gaga, it's hard to copy someone who is already a copy of the whole diva idea.

I've only noticed with her 2012 album, her style is more like Nicki Minaj than Lady Hasbeen. But when she first did turbo-folk she was more like Magda and early Galena.

piparminttukaramelli
Huge Nordic music fan/AZN-pop nonfan here!

I don't think Pariisin Kevät (Finnish) is widely known in the US yet, but they've been my favorite foreign group for a good year or two now. My favorite of theirs is Metsän Laidalla Puut probably followed by Sytytä Valo.

I think Kent (Swedish) is definitely better known, but I've only gotten into their stuff in the past few months. My favorites from them are Isis & Bast and Sundance Kid.

I love the metal that comes from the Nordic nations, but a lot of those groups (Sabaton, Korpiklaani, etc.) sing in English and/or are already very popular here.

I would be ecstatic if there were more Saami vocalists. The only band I've found so far is Intrigue, and I know Korpiklaani did some Saami stuff when they were still Shamaani Duo as well as having some joiking on their newest album.

Sami, you say?

Wheezing Fatcat

KiraSchubaltz

Oh, I like this. I'm so used to hearing typical joiks from Saami vocalists (hei lo lei lo lei...) that hearing the actual language is always a treat. Not the biggest fan of female vocalists, but this is too nice not to like. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff