Welcome to Gaia! ::

goddess galaxia's Husband

piparminttukaramelli
KiraSchubaltz

Oh, I like this. I'm so used to hearing typical joiks from Saami vocalists (hei lo lei lo lei...) that hearing the actual language is always a treat. Not the biggest fan of female vocalists, but this is too nice not to like. Thanks!

Sami vocalists are generally unknown. I have only found Ande Somby joiking at an Earth Jurisprudence retreat here .

Wheezing Fatcat

KiraSchubaltz
Sami vocalists are generally unknown. I have only found Ande Somby joiking at an Earth Jurisprudence retreat here .

Those outside of Norway are even harder to find, it seems. I think at least three-fourths of the Saami vocalists I've ever come across have been Norwegian. I'd like to hear the eastern dialects, especially from Russia.

I'd be interested in hearing Kalaallisut music one day, too. Though I suppose the language itself is North American Inuit, Greenland is still part of Denmark by political borders. I guess it's something to research....

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
its a shame this subforum is pretty much limited to japanese and korean music.

then again this is gaia.

Rainbow Unicorn

Miserable pile of secrets
its a shame this subforum is pretty much limited to japanese and korean music.

then again this is gaia.
This and we probably won't get this and the other world split up in forums either.

Estonian folk.

Let's keep this thread going! Maybe with enough Gaian attention (and bugging the mods once in a while) we could get forum division (European, Middle East, African, etc. threads)
KiraSchubaltz
Estonian folk.

Let's keep this thread going! Maybe with enough Gaian attention (and bugging the mods once in a while) we could get forum division (European, Middle East, African, etc. threads)

Another petition would probably be necessary to get changes. But Gaia didn't seem interested in the last one even with the well put together argument of the OP.

Engraved On the Moon
KiraSchubaltz
Estonian folk.

Another petition would probably be necessary to get changes. But Gaia didn't seem interested in the last one even with the well put together argument of the OP.

What was the argument? Maybe we could get another petition out there.
KiraSchubaltz
Engraved On the Moon
KiraSchubaltz
Estonian folk.

Took a bit of searching but I finally found it.
Here is the thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/how-about-a-new-music-subforum-read-whole-first-post/t.59065497/?_gaia_t_=3936

Engraved On the Moon
KiraSchubaltz
Engraved On the Moon
KiraSchubaltz
Estonian folk.

Took a bit of searching but I finally found it.
Here is the thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/how-about-a-new-music-subforum-read-whole-first-post/t.59065497/?_gaia_t_=3936

Sounds like it was a call for a total overhaul of the Music Forum. I guess I could reactivate the discussion, that is, if we can get other people on board.

Rainbow Unicorn

Wow that thread is still around O:

Rainbow Unicorn

Also I find it very peculiar that Punk got its own sub-forum. That is so needed, no? emotion_eyebrow
Im only into kpop and jpop and jrock...i like a few french songs. i can't find any european songs!

Wheezing Fatcat

xXxBlack_CrystalxXx
Im only into kpop and jpop and jrock...i like a few french songs. i can't find any european songs!

Can't find any that you liked, or you haven't actually looked to discover any? Because there is a plethora of European music. If you listen to the radio at all, you've probably listened to European music before without realizing it.
piparminttukaramelli
xXxBlack_CrystalxXx

Can't find any that you liked, or you haven't actually looked to discover any? Because there is a plethora of European music. If you listen to the radio at all, you've probably listened to European music before without realizing it.

No I tried to look for French songs but can't find any ones I like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff