Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Ya no, you really make it seem like it MY fault the thread got cb'd.

lol

@AnCafeBouChan: You can post youtube links, you know. They're not downloadable (well, they are, but most people don't know how to do it. I can't even remember how to do it).

Well in that case biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIv2jMLVaLU

You can get 2-3 here as well^_^

1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
Yeah about not liking Diru at first topic.

I was given a hide and diru mixed cd( since I told a friend I had heard about hide and Diru years ago,but never actually listened to them). Well needless to say, the 2 don't mix!
And I fell in love with hide first,but for some strange reason the song HADES just wouldn't stay out of my ******** head!(scuse the French) anyway, I went and bought six ugly just causeI could, and heard Mr. Newsman, and was hooked since then.
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter
I'm a newbie Dir En Grey fan. I stumbled upon the band on youtube (the Obscure and Saku videos) and I didn't really like them. At all. But the dark imagery was...amazing and I kept going back to watch. I eventually came to like the music. I bought the Withering to death CD (and had a nice discussion about Jrock with the cashier) and instantly fell in love.

I have to many favorites to list... sweatdrop So I won't.

I really didn't like them at first either. I have no idea what my first song was anymore, but I had the same reaction to the music you did. I'm glad they eventually caught on to you, it's always nice to see new fans.

I can proudly say ive always liked them since i found out about them.

I was actually very indifferent about them when I first heard them. The first song I heard/saw was the video for Child Prey. My friend had it on her On Demand for some reason and wanted me to watch it. At that point, I was a little creeped out, and because her house was noisy, I couldn't really hear much of the song. But then a few weeks later, she had me listen to it on her computer again, and after hearing the song, I fell in love with it and listened to more of their songs...I've pretty much been hooked since then.

I showed my one friend [who is only allowed to listen to christian music and is a complete hick] the videos to Obscure, Saku, Clever Sleazoid, and AGSoM. He was quite disturbed by them, but he said he liked the music.
Chaos_Warumono
Oh man.. this is so depressing, I missed their Inward Scream concert in Toronto crying

I drove by the venue the day after their concert and CRIED MY EYES OUT.
s**t. I hope I get to see them at least once in my life.

On the bright side, my friend went and got me some t-shirts and posters :]

rofl I LOVE ur Sig!
Violent Rain
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter
I'm a newbie Dir En Grey fan. I stumbled upon the band on youtube (the Obscure and Saku videos) and I didn't really like them. At all. But the dark imagery was...amazing and I kept going back to watch. I eventually came to like the music. I bought the Withering to death CD (and had a nice discussion about Jrock with the cashier) and instantly fell in love.

I really didn't like them at first either. I have no idea what my first song was anymore, but I had the same reaction to the music you did. I'm glad they eventually caught on to you, it's always nice to see new fans.

I was actually very indifferent about them when I first heard them. The first song I heard/saw was the video for Child Prey. My friend had it on her On Demand for some reason and wanted me to watch it. At that point, I was a little creeped out, and because her house was noisy, I couldn't really hear much of the song. But then a few weeks later, she had me listen to it on her computer again, and after hearing the song, I fell in love with it and listened to more of their songs...I've pretty much been hooked since then.

I showed my one friend [who is only allowed to listen to christian music and is a complete hick] the videos to Obscure, Saku, Clever Sleazoid, and AGSoM. He was quite disturbed by them, but he said he liked the music.

Wow, your friend is music deprived...
I'm also disturbed by those videos...well..not Clever Sleazoid, but the other three disturb me, but the songs are amazing.
Hm okay, I'll contribute~

My friend was a total Dir junkie. She had the discography and all of these lives and all that jazz. In 8th grade, she burned me a copy of Gauze but I didn't really take a liking to it (save for Cage) until a while later. She'd invite me to her house like every weekend and we'd watch lives, but I never actually took much interest. Actually it wasn't until 9th grade that I started to really get into Withering to Death, and I found myself listening to that album a whole lot. Then I remember that February she [friend] called me and was like OMFG DIR EN GREY IS COMING TO AMERICA JDSAHDSAGSH and I was like =D! So in March '06 we flew to LA to go see them at the Wiltern, and afterwards Dir en grey pretty much became my favorite band.

:]
Someone mentioned Dir en grey at the oekaki I used to frequent, but I didn't pay much attention then(I was more interested in Queen, lul). After a while I decided to listen and the first song I found was Mask, I think. After that I listened to Machiavellism and I was hooked. I heard that they were coming to Chicago and that's when they solidified as my favorite band.

That's basically it.

I fail at telling stories~
Seven Seas of Rhye
Someone mentioned Dir en grey at the oekaki I used to frequent, but I didn't pay much attention then(I was more interested in Queen, lul). After a while I decided to listen and the first song I found was Mask, I think. After that I listened to Machiavellism and I was hooked. I heard that they were coming to Chicago and that's when they solidified as my favorite band.

That's basically it.

I fail at telling stories~

surprised You got to see them in Chicagoooo LUCKY xp

Ever since a friend of mine introduced one of their singles, Cage, to me... I was just like heart

sweatdrop

6,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
Seven Seas of Rhye
I heard that they were coming to Chicago and that's when they solidified as my favorite band.

I saw them in Chicago too. I doubt you saw me, but I was the girl with the pink mohawk. 3nodding

I felt so bad they had to put up with the shitty Chicago weather.
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter

I'm also disturbed by those videos...well..not Clever Sleazoid, but the other three disturb me, but the songs are amazing.

Yeah, I watched the uncensored Obscure video. That was my first taste of Diru. I was eating cold pizza at the time. Then after watching Kyo puke, I kinda threw my pizza away.

However, I do love THE FINAL video...oooo, fire...great song too. biggrin
red knife lottery
Seven Seas of Rhye
I heard that they were coming to Chicago and that's when they solidified as my favorite band.

I saw them in Chicago too. I doubt you saw me, but I was the girl with the pink mohawk. 3nodding

Loll

I was gonna go to Chicago

But it just happened to snow that day.

And Chicago's like 5 hours away by car so D:

I ended up going to LA instead though :]
SparrowWriter
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Violent Rain

Yeah, I watched the uncensored Obscure video. That was my first taste of Diru. I was eating cold pizza at the time. Then after watching Kyo puke, I kinda threw my pizza away.

However, I do love THE FINAL video...oooo, fire...great song too. biggrin

The Final = my favorite video and my favorite song! biggrin Except I'm not a fan of Shinya with dreadlocks... sweatdrop
red knife lottery
Seven Seas of Rhye

I think I might have seen you

I was the only girl in the drumstick fight surprised
User Image
私は不和を有する
私は食べる人が私を恐れている万能な赤ん坊である

Im totaly psyched! Ill be going to their concert in Seattle at the Wa Mu theater!

Dangerous Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Violent Rain
Chaos_Warumono
Oh man.. this is so depressing, I missed their Inward Scream concert in Toronto crying

I drove by the venue the day after their concert and CRIED MY EYES OUT.
s**t. I hope I get to see them at least once in my life.

On the bright side, my friend went and got me some t-shirts and posters :]

rofl I LOVE ur Sig!

Haha xD Thanks. Kyo owns.

I like yours too, did you draw it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items