Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
KoYami-sama
An Obscure Death
Well, let me start out by stating that Crayon is a complete idiot who either cares nothing about poetry or she just listened to Dir en grey because it was underground. Dir en grey is NOT becoming more American. No American artist has made a video that comes close to what dir en grey has created, chewed up, and spit back out in a very disturbing way.

And, imo, Dozing Green kicks a**. Its like The Final+Zan+Clever Sleazoid+AGSoM+Something Familiar+Something completely new. I love how the song changes from something Ominous and dark, to something heavy and metal to something soft, and yet to even something sounding like its the ending of a very sad film.

BTW, I soppose I can slightly hear a bit of an "American" sound, but thats only because Dir en grey is Progressive in music and incorporates all sorts of sounds into it. If you listen closly enough, you can also hear a Jungle/African feel.

I totally agree with you here. I just watched the video, and thought it was amazing. It's fast paced, yet slow at the same time. And the video...it's like a war movie, yet an actualy PV, mixed in with just a little of the weirdness of Dir en grey. Nothing really to add to what you described here...

And the song...it made me feel really happy, yet I felt sad at the same time. Nothing like what "The Final" does to me, but I still feel the same passion and energy that he puts into it. It's just kinda creepy, the way he sings. It sounds like, to him, it's not just music. It's a way of life, it's what he does; what he loves; and he puts his soul into every single word. And that scream at the end...I actually cringe every time I hear it. It's really chilling, but I love it at the same time.

.___.; This has turned into a real rant here.

Thank you for so kindly agreeing with me!

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Vredelust
Kyo's lyrics are tiring. You know what he says in that song?

I close off my breathing because I was amazed by the maggot infested eyes
The heart that I had calmed down spills a tear
The refreshing sun
The sound of rain, mixing while making sounds

Making my ripped heart dance, I ask emptiness
White voice, spilled breath, In the Sun

The erotically open wound
It disappears as nothing, the wind of dogma

Your heart that starts to melt
Murky dark morning, the goodbye that echoes

I only want to be alone right now

One flower of spring, the crybaby neck and even you, crawling on the ground

Love Me
Abandon Hope

----
Shut up, Kyo. Stop using "ripped chest"s and "Your melting heart"s and stupid s**t that you've already used a billion times in every single thing you've written, from the very start of your career. Expand your vocabulary.

Sound wise I liked the beginning, but the high voice ruined the whole thing. Why sing in a way that you KNOW you can't sing live?

Because fans go crazy and claim that Kyo is amazing when he doesn't even sing half of each song. That's probably why.

Also, I don't get why Kyo feels that "In the sun" is so important that he has to use it 3 consecutive years in a row. How about trying "In the bathroom light"? Sounds grotesque and emo sounding enough to me.
If he says it, I called it.

PS
Hypi
actually, The Marrow of a Bone is the first heavy metal album i've ever liked. and so far, the last.

You should listen to more bands. Because Diru is probably the least hardcore compared to the heavy metal bands in the world.

Wow it would be better to be Japanese. Once the translations are put in the poetry is too metaphorical and complicated at times.

And you can't complain about what words Kyo chooses. Those phrases are just one key part of his writing. He doesn't necssecarily write about a lot of different things when it comes down to it, but each time he writes a song about the same thing, he'll make it different from the last time, possibly sending the message across to a different musical crowd.
Plus, I've heard Kyo sing some pretty high notes on stage, and yeah, it's hard for him, but you have to add the nervous factor.
Vredelust
Kyo's lyrics are tiring. You know what he says in that song?

I close off my breathing because I was amazed by the maggot infested eyes
The heart that I had calmed down spills a tear
The refreshing sun
The sound of rain, mixing while making sounds

White voice, spilled breath, In the Sun

The erotically open wound
It disappears as nothing, the wind of dogma

Your heart that starts to melt
Murky dark morning, the goodbye that echoes

I only want to be alone right now

One flower of spring, the crybaby neck and even you, crawling on the ground

Love Me
Abandon Hope

----
Shut up, Kyo. Stop using "ripped chest"s and "Your melting heart"s and stupid s**t that you've already used a billion times in every single thing you've written, from the very start of your career. Expand your vocabulary.

Sound wise I liked the beginning, but the high voice ruined the whole thing. Why sing in a way that you KNOW you can't sing live?

Because fans go crazy and claim that Kyo is amazing when he doesn't even sing half of each song. That's probably why.

Also, I don't get why Kyo feels that "In the sun" is so important that he has to use it 3 consecutive years in a row. How about trying "In the bathroom light"? Sounds grotesque and emo sounding enough to me.
If he says it, I called it.

PS
Hypi
actually, The Marrow of a Bone is the first heavy metal album i've ever liked. and so far, the last.

You should listen to more bands. Because Diru is probably the least hardcore compared to the heavy metal bands in the world.

you take his lyrics too literally; they probably work better, and mean more, in actual japanese.

and i think dir en grey are pretty damn heavy - not that new song, but songs like the Agititated Screams of Maggots and Grief are insane. I don't think I could enjoy music that goes any heavier than that.

also, when I saw them live, Kyo was doing a whole lot of high pitched screeching, and it seemed pretty effortless.
it seems every time i come to this forum i have to defend the awesomeness of dir en grey *_*

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

WOW.
I wish I had been on when all this went down.

Let me start off by saying, I do NOT APPRECIATE you calling someone a complete idiot for stating their opinion and detailing their reasons.

An idiot is someone who comes in the thread stating "I HATE DIR EN GAY. THEY SUXX0R." That's an idiot. Feel free to call them that. (not really)
But when she stated her opinion, and someone argued the point, she used intelligence and HER WORDS to provide a good discussion.

We have already had this discussion of how Dir en grey IS becoming more American. That their videos feel like a mimic of TOOL.

Lyrically I don't think that the majority of us, this includes myself, can fully understand the "poetic value" to Japanese lyrics. You do not understand the language. You are reading a translation, an interpretation of lyrics presented by someone OTHER than the writer. You are reading in a language foreign to the lyrics, and do not have an understanding of the basis of those lyrics. Therefore, NONE OF YOU have the right to bash someone for thinking something about the lyrics. You can not even begin to state that they do not have an understanding of poetic value of something you can't understand yourself.
I despise trying to translate lyrics for someone, because you only get the face value of what they are trying to portray. I will state that in Japanese culture the sun tends to be a powerful entity. God, the country is called "Land of the rising sun." But that doesn't mean the rest of the lyrics are what we think they are.

I am in no way defending the artist, however. I believe that there has been a steady decline in quality since Kisou. Every album becoming increasingly monotonous and lack-luster, sounding severely influence by Western style. For as much as I can say lyrically, it seems that the only thing they try to do is make it as vulgar as possible for a "shock" value. The videos a boring as well, again relying on vulgarity and shock value - but I think that is partially to blame on the directors that they have been choosing.

I almost feel I don't hate Dozing Green, for the main fact that ASoM was so horrendous that they couldn't possibly do any worse. And comparatively, DG is much much much better.

Please remember this is a discussion thread. Not an "I LUV DIRU" thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and are not an idiot for stating them.
i know everything
WOW.
I wish I had been on when all this went down.

Let me start off by saying, I do NOT APPRECIATE you calling someone a complete idiot for stating their opinion and detailing their reasons.

An idiot is someone who comes in the thread stating "I HATE DIR EN GAY. THEY SUXX0R." That's an idiot. Feel free to call them that. (not really)
But when she stated her opinion, and someone argued the point, she used intelligence and HER WORDS to provide a good discussion.

We have already had this discussion of how Dir en grey IS becoming more American. That their videos feel like a mimic of TOOL.

Lyrically I don't think that the majority of us, this includes myself, can fully understand the "poetic value" to Japanese lyrics. You do not understand the language. You are reading a translation, an interpretation of lyrics presented by someone OTHER than the writer. You are reading in a language foreign to the lyrics, and do not have an understanding of the basis of those lyrics. Therefore, NONE OF YOU have the right to bash someone for thinking something about the lyrics. You can not even begin to state that they do not have an understanding of poetic value of something you can't understand yourself.
I despise trying to translate lyrics for someone, because you only get the face value of what they are trying to portray. I will state that in Japanese culture the sun tends to be a powerful entity. God, the country is called "Land of the rising sun." But that doesn't mean the rest of the lyrics are what we think they are.

I am in no way defending the artist, however. I believe that there has been a steady decline in quality since Kisou. Every album becoming increasingly monotonous and lack-luster, sounding severely influence by Western style. For as much as I can say lyrically, it seems that the only thing they try to do is make it as vulgar as possible for a "shock" value. The videos a boring as well, again relying on vulgarity and shock value - but I think that is partially to blame on the directors that they have been choosing.

I almost feel I don't hate Dozing Green, for the main fact that ASoM was so horrendous that they couldn't possibly do any worse. And comparatively, DG is much much much better.

Please remember this is a discussion thread. Not an "I LUV DIRU" thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and are not an idiot for stating them.

I fully agree with this.
Aggitated Screams of Maggots, that was truly depressing for me. I remember, back when I first heard of them, my Favorite song was Akuro no Oka and -ZAN- They and Malice Mizer were my Favorite bands like EVER. After Malice Mizer Disbanded, I continued to listen to Dir en grey. I even made it a life goal to see them in person one day. The music they produced really touched me, and it wasn't like how most others were.

I made it a goal to know as much as I can about them.
As I read their true mission, I couldn't help but to agree. However lately, it seems that no matter how much people want to deny it, Dir en grey has changed in a way that is not just their Music, Not just their lyrics, but their whole approach in the music indusrtry has changed. It seems that they have really strayed away from their goal in my opinion. When Free Will made that site the way it is now. I didn't like how they protrayed Dir en grey. It was like they weren't even getting the message.

If anything, I blame their label as a serious issue to this whole split between the fans. Newcoming and I guess the proper word would be `veteran` fans.
oh mi gawd dozing green is just awesome! xD
the pv is almost perfect also...I've been waiting something like this since clever sleazoid! XDD

I don't mind of diru became a more mainstream band in their appearance....I don't really care as long as their sound is still rockin and touching at the same time..honestly I was very disappointed when I listening to whithering to death past time,,but now I give up and addicted once more xD
Allow me to re-enter by saying that I fully agree with i know everything.

@ Hypi: There is no reason to defend "the awesomeness" of Diru. If you like Diru, and someone else does not, leave it at that. They don't like them. Get over it. If they want to change their mind, they will, but you insulting them and pretending you know everything about everything will not help you. It only makes you seem like you know everything about nothing. You are traveling down a well-worn road, that many other fans have passed over for other bands.

You are seeming like just some stupid fanboy who always says ignorant things like "DONT TALK BAD BOUT DIRU EN GRAY! they r the best band 4ever! and kyo is so sexxiii!!!"
That is the worst type of thing that has ever existed. It makes it as if Diru is just a joke or some group that only exists for you to look at. It is also the last thing anyone needs.

@ Vredelust: I have to agree with you as well on the statement that Kyo does repeat some of the same phrases time after time, but there was supposed to be a story and message behind it.

@ An Obscure Death: I do care about poetry, and I may be the most poetic person you will ever have the opportunity to be criticized by.

I listened to Diru because I liked their music. I, unlike many of these "fans", actually care about how they sound. I don't care about looks. They could all be wearing clown suits and supporting Nazi Germany by wearing the armbands, but none of that would matter to me as long as they sound nice.

Also, it seems to be you have such a small argument that you have to call people names to make it seem like you are the one in power.

I have seen many American artist who have made videos like the new ones made by Dir en grey. Have you heard of Slipknot? Diru's videos seem to be more like theirs now, except, that's the way Slipknot has always been.

Dozing Green is nothing like the other albums besides Marrow of a Bone and Agitated screams of maggots.

I end, for now, by saying that I understand that Dir en grey is trying to be more progressive rather than staying in one era. However, I feel that they are changing to much for me to be a follower anymore. I love the old Dir en grey. I always will. This new Dir en grey disgusts me and angers my whole being. It is far from poetic and beautiful. It is far from enjoyable. It is far from Dir en grey.

R.I.P Dir en grey. 10.24.2007
Welcome to the world Dir En Grey. 10.24.2007

~ You may hate me, so long as you fear me.~

hmm... I know the other bands who have video clip like Dozing Green, and I saw many bands like slipknot. But I like diru and I'm hoping to see them in this style of video clip.. biggrin

I love their visual style also, I miss the time when Kyo wear kimonos like angura-kei...I did try to send comments in their MySpace about missing their visual style like,,so many times (but didn't get any responses =,=). And now here they are, they maybe changed to a new band and not sound like "dir en grey" anymore, but if you still love diru and still want to see they exist, just support them. and when you don't...nah, it's time to check another band out, i think? xp
i know everything

holy mother ******** jesus christ...
withering to death and the marrow of a bone are by far dir en grey's best albums so far. they're less melodic, but much more beautiful and raw. same with the lyrics. they don't aim to shock, they just aim to portray the extremes of human emotion.
and i believe they've been becoming increasingly LESS americanised since Vulgar

but in the end, it's down to opinion. so, whatever. 4laugh
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi: There is no reason to defend "the awesomeness" of Diru. If you like Diru, and someone else does not, leave it at that. They don't like them. Get over it. If they want to change their mind, they will, but you insulting them and pretending you know everything about everything will not help you. It only makes you seem like you know everything about nothing. You are traveling down a well-worn road, that many other fans have passed over for other bands.

You are seeming like just some stupid fanboy who always says ignorant things like "DONT TALK BAD BOUT DIRU EN GRAY! they r the best band 4ever! and kyo is so sexxiii!!!"
That is the worst type of thing that has ever existed. It makes it as if Diru is just a joke or some group that only exists for you to look at. It is also the last thing anyone needs.

hey. hey... hey. you're defending your dislike for dir en grey just as much as i'm defending my love for them. by your logic, you're a pissed off anti-diru nazi.

which obviously you're not, and that's my point.
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi: There is no reason to defend "the awesomeness" of Diru. If you like Diru, and someone else does not, leave it at that. They don't like them. Get over it. If they want to change their mind, they will, but you insulting them and pretending you know everything about everything will not help you. It only makes you seem like you know everything about nothing. You are traveling down a well-worn road, that many other fans have passed over for other bands.

hey. hey... hey. you're defending your dislike for dir en grey just as much as i'm defending my love for them. by your logic, you're a pissed off anti-diru nazi.

Actually, you're wrong. I said I love Dir en grey. I hate Dir En Grey. Also, I'm not defending my dislike for them, I'm defending my thoughts on Dozing Green. I also never said anythin about being pissed off or anti anything... or being a nazi for that matter.
dear god, so much negativity over dir en grey all of a sudden. i feel like i'm at war here, sat on the frontline, cold, muddy and alone, as all my men are slowly being killed off. hostile tensions bouncing off one another - sparked by one simple video.

does no one else love how dir en grey have progressed musically?

will i ever see my wife and family again?

;o
Crayon Sex Vomit
Hypi
Crayon Sex Vomit

Actually, you're wrong. I said I love Dir en grey. I hate Dir En Grey. Also, I'm not defending my dislike for them, I'm defending my thoughts on Dozing Green. I also never said anythin about being pissed off or anti anything... or being a nazi for that matter.

what? ...that was my point. i'm saying you're NOT an anti-diru nazi, just like i'm NOT a fanboy gonk
geez you are such a lamer...
-___________-;;;
Do you really have no better defense than that? xD ::dies of laughter::
Hahaha... ::regains composure::
If you can't handle the truth, twist them into lies? wow...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff