1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
AnCafeBouChan
nekonekonya
Welcome back thread! rofl

So um. Has everyone heard that they've been playing a few songs as old as Macabre at their concerts lately in Japan? Jealous -Reverse- is on the list too. And Ain't Afraid to Die.

Do you think the people attending the Deftones shows have any shot at these?

I think they'll stick to the new album, especially as they'll only be doing a 30 minute opening set. neutral

That would be awesome since unfortunatly, the 30 min is all I'm going to get.It'll be my first diru concert, and I only get to see them as an opening act. Oh well, better then nothing.
Have you guys seen the japanese coverage of the American tour? I watched it lastnight. I didn't realize that during a few shows shinya was playing with an injured shoulder.Poor guy.
Anyway it's pretty interesting to watch.
ON an noob note,I have kinda a retarded question(mock me all youlikeXD) But what do you consider spam? I just want to make sure so I don't cause any. sweatdrop

Where did you find this review of the American tour? I'd like to watch it!

It was on youtube. If it's ok with the board God,I can post the link biggrin
AnCafeBouChan
FuzzyLarryTheLlama
AnCafeBouChan
nekonekonya
Welcome back thread! rofl

So um. Has everyone heard that they've been playing a few songs as old as Macabre at their concerts lately in Japan? Jealous -Reverse- is on the list too. And Ain't Afraid to Die.

Do you think the people attending the Deftones shows have any shot at these?

I think they'll stick to the new album, especially as they'll only be doing a 30 minute opening set. neutral

That would be awesome since unfortunatly, the 30 min is all I'm going to get.It'll be my first diru concert, and I only get to see them as an opening act. Oh well, better then nothing.
Have you guys seen the japanese coverage of the American tour? I watched it lastnight. I didn't realize that during a few shows shinya was playing with an injured shoulder.Poor guy.
Anyway it's pretty interesting to watch.
ON an noob note,I have kinda a retarded question(mock me all youlikeXD) But what do you consider spam? I just want to make sure so I don't cause any. sweatdrop

Where did you find this review of the American tour? I'd like to watch it!

It was on youtube. If it's ok with the board God,I can post the link biggrin

Ah! that would be great...or you could pm it to me! either way, I'd like to see it!
Ya no, you really make it seem like it MY fault the thread got cb'd. I love Diru! Saku, Clever Sleazoid, Obscure, AGSOM are the best.
I'm a newbie Dir En Grey fan. I stumbled upon the band on youtube (the Obscure and Saku videos) and I didn't really like them. At all. But the dark imagery was...amazing and I kept going back to watch. I eventually came to like the music. I bought the Withering to death CD (and had a nice discussion about Jrock with the cashier) and instantly fell in love.

I have to many favorites to list... sweatdrop So I won't.
Violent Rain
Ya no, you really make it seem like it MY fault the thread got cb'd.

lol

@AnCafeBouChan: You can post youtube links, you know. They're not downloadable (well, they are, but most people don't know how to do it. I can't even remember how to do it).
SparrowWriter
I'm a newbie Dir En Grey fan. I stumbled upon the band on youtube (the Obscure and Saku videos) and I didn't really like them. At all. But the dark imagery was...amazing and I kept going back to watch. I eventually came to like the music. I bought the Withering to death CD (and had a nice discussion about Jrock with the cashier) and instantly fell in love.

I really didn't like them at first either. I have no idea what my first song was anymore, but I had the same reaction to the music you did. I'm glad they eventually caught on to you, it's always nice to see new fans.

Angelic Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter

I really didn't like them at first either. I have no idea what my first song was anymore, but I had the same reaction to the music you did. I'm glad they eventually caught on to you, it's always nice to see new fans.

Mine was Yokan. surprised

To date, my favorite songs are: Clever Sleazoid, Kodou, Raison D'etre, Conceived Sorrow, The Pledge.
I'm so excited they are touring with Deftones this summer. I bought concert tickets the day they went on sale. they are pinned to my cork board until july 6th. n_n heart heart heart

I wanted to go to the one down in cali last year. but sadly couldn't fund the roadtrip or get someone to drive. xD
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter

I can proudly say ive always liked them since i found out about them.
Violent Rain
Orgasmic Generation
SparrowWriter

I can proudly say ive always liked them since i found out about them.

I was actually very indifferent about them when I first heard them. The first song I heard/saw was the video for Child Prey. My friend had it on her On Demand for some reason and wanted me to watch it. At that point, I was a little creeped out, and because her house was noisy, I couldn't really hear much of the song. But then a few weeks later, she had me listen to it on her computer again, and after hearing the song, I fell in love with it and listened to more of their songs...I've pretty much been hooked since then.
ZOMG!!!!!! Dir en Grey is hella of ******** awesome!!
AnCafeBouChan

So back on topic. Since it's actually a deaftones(?) concert where I am seeing dir en grey, you think Diru won't put as much effort into their performance? Since they're only an opening act?

I do think they will do some effort, but I don't think it will be the same as a complete concert or Japanese concert. I guess they will give more another kind of vibe like in family value tour. The fact that they are a opening band is why I won't travel and go see them again... (Far too expensif for myself to travel just for a 30min show, but if it was in my city I would go for sure.)

(please excuse my bad english)

Good day! biggrin

I have been listening to Japanese music for about three years now, but only recently have I been getting into Dir en grey. Man, what a phonomenal band! I am generally not fond of heavy metal with loads of screaming, as they are, but something about Diru just kind of pulls you in, y'know? I didn't even like them at first, during my METAL!HEAD! period, but they certainly are appealing now. Pretty wicked.

A friend of mine saw them live back in September, and another friend and myself are going to see them together with the Deftones and Fall of Troy on June 10th. I am not particularly fond of either one of those bands, since the Deftones are too angsty and screamy and cliche` afor my taste and the Fall of Troy is rather screamo, but Dir en Grey is going to be the opening act, so it is definitely worth the ticket price. Besides, it isn't as though I have to stay for the entire thing; I just want to see and hear them live. rolleyes

As for one of the recent questions, they probably won't give it their entire effort. It's only an opening act, and Diru is already world-famous so it isn't as though they really need to put their entire beings into the show as most opening bands do. All the same, it will probably be a fun show, and (less importantly, of course) a way to get merchandise without paying the proverbial arm and leg online.
Damn, I'm leaving for vacation the day before Dir En Grey's concert in Chicago....it's the only one I can reasonably get to too. (And it's still a couple of hours' drive sweatdrop ) I've heard their an awesome band to see live.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Oh man.. this is so depressing, I missed their Inward Scream concert in Toronto crying

I drove by the venue the day after their concert and CRIED MY EYES OUT.
s**t. I hope I get to see them at least once in my life.

On the bright side, my friend went and got me some t-shirts and posters :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces