Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Kyaaa ^^ only like 6 days until I'll see them again!!!

As for the albums: my alltime fav is definitely Vulgar, cause it was the first album I got (after downloading some tracks from a friend).

Although I have to admit, these days I hardly listen to anything other than the single version of GDS/Obscure... ^^;
An Obscure Death
Hydra-666- is weird to say the least. I have to listen to it more to get a feel for it.

But as for the single, FYE did not have it nor could order it. crying My best bets are probly internet and maybe Best Buy.

Dude, the internets are your only option because it isn't released in the US. Best Buy won't have anything.
hydra -666-... I'm not really into it. i usually love dir grey being experimental. it's ok, but it doesn't just seem to really work.
wait, actually, i like it.

i think.

i just don't know. T__T
Okay, I never post in this forum, but I am a long time lurker. For some reason I feel like posting my opinion on Dozing Green, like everyone else.

The only thing I don't like about the new album is that they push Kyo's voice to the background to much. If his voice was more in the foreground I think it would have sounded less like his nose was being held. Other than that the music is wonderful. I admit it took me a few listens to get Hydra -666- down, but now I love it. It took me 8 spin outs of MOAB to love every song on it (including ASOM, which I adore, but it seems some Diru fans don't).

My biggest irk about the attitude towards their new style is that a lot of people are stuck on the "Vulgar" era of music...Diru is about change and experimenting, if everything sounded like Vulgar they would be long forgotten. I love the ever changing style thing, it keeps me on my toes and totally takes me by surprise every time. If Dozing Green is the style of the next CD then I fully welcome it along with Hydra -666-.

PS: The lyrics in -666- really fly over my head. I mean, a lot of Kyo's lyrics are hard to understand, but this one really has me stumped! What the hell is a "SID"? And why "Mona Lisa"? Any thoughts?
Sade-Chan
Okay, I never post in this forum, but I am a long time lurker. For some reason I feel like posting my opinion on Dozing Green, like everyone else.

The only thing I don't like about the new album is that they push Kyo's voice to the background to much. If his voice was more in the foreground I think it would have sounded less like his nose was being held. Other than that the music is wonderful. I admit it took me a few listens to get Hydra -666- down, but now I love it. It took me 8 spin outs of MOAB to love every song on it (including ASOM, which I adore, but it seems some Diru fans don't).

My biggest irk about the attitude towards their new style is that a lot of people are stuck on the "Vulgar" era of music...Diru is about change and experimenting, if everything sounded like Vulgar they would be long forgotten. I love the ever changing style thing, it keeps me on my toes and totally takes me by surprise every time. If Dozing Green is the style of the next CD then I fully welcome it along with Hydra -666-.

PS: The lyrics in -666- really fly over my head. I mean, a lot of Kyo's lyrics are hard to understand, but this one really has me stumped! What the hell is a "SID"? And why "Mona Lisa"? Any thoughts?

i agree - Marrow of a bone is amazing, and so is Dozing Green.

i'm still not sure about Hydra -666-, i just think it could be better. i think kyo's vocals go a little too deep at some point.
i can't really explain it. +_+
Hypi

i agree - Marrow of a bone is amazing, and so is Dozing Green.

i'm still not sure about Hydra -666-, i just think it could be better. i think kyo's vocals go a little too deep at some point.
i can't really explain it. +_+

Its because they put his vocals at a lower volume than they usually do. Its harder to hear him in Hydra because we are use to his voice being in our face instead of Kaoru and Die's guitars, which are in the foreground. Kyo is singing the same pitch as usual, but when they go to arrange the music the let the guitar sounds come over his voice, blending his vocals in with the rest of the music. It all has to do with arranging.
Sade-Chan

Though I admit Vulgar is my favorite album, I fully agree with you that some people are stuck too much on that one style. Throughout Dir en grey's existence they have been consistently about change, even before Vulgar, but many American fans haven't been exposed to Dir en grey's history because they are unaware that they have produced much more music. MoaB was fantastic and I can't wait to see how progressive their next album will be. Though I like Vulgar best, I am fully open to change and progress. I was so nervous that MoaB would end up being nothing but a pile of dung, but I was pleasantly surprised and no longer doubt their capabilities for producing meaningful music.
How... Is Dozing Green any different from anything in Withering to Death. ?
^ It's not any different >O
i'm so excited i got my CD
Vredelust

errr... Kyo's high pitched screaming at the end of the song D:
Hypi
Vredelust

errr... Kyo's high pitched screaming at the end of the song D:

And that's been done in MARROW. So there's nothing new about this song.
Vredelust
esque and ish are the same thing, but they're used in different ways.. so esque-ish is redundant. >_>;

I always sing red...[em] at karaoke x3

By "ish" I mean "sort of", not restating "esque".

It makes sense to me.

...8]

Red...[em] is terrific <3
Hypi
wait, actually, i like it.

i think.

i just don't know. T__T

Lol

I think that happened to everybody.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items