Welcome to Gaia! ::

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

OA's tend to put on a lot more effort. They don't have as long to perform, so it's not a marathon. They can put it all in. Plus they're putting their name out there and trying to get people interested.

Diru? I dunno about tho lol

1,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
i know everything
OA's tend to put on a lot more effort. They don't have as long to perform, so it's not a marathon. They can put it all in. Plus they're putting their name out there and trying to get people interested.

Yeah I wasn't so sure if opening acts in japan are diff vs.America. But I see your point.If I were diru, I'd want to put on a good show,and make more fans. But Americans are hard to please,and if people are there to see the deaftones(or whatever) they might try and boo diru off the stage. i've seen it happen with other opening acts, I just hope Seattle will show more respect rofl
I worry a bit about that, i hope enough Diru fans go to the Deftones shows so that there isn't any booing....no matter how awesome any opening band is, some idiot will still boo them because they maybe only came to see the headline band -_-" even though we all know Diru pwns the Deftones =)

Angelic Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Jrocker247
I worry a bit about that, i hope enough Diru fans go to the Deftones shows so that there isn't any booing....no matter how awesome any opening band is, some idiot will still boo them because they maybe only came to see the headline band -_-" even though we all know Diru pwns the Deftones =)

It happens everywhere, unfortunately. Depends on the audience too. In most cases people go for the headliner.. But hopefully Def fans at FVT respected them enough.

I know on Def's MS page, a few people were complaining about them. rolleyes But hey, what can you do.
Hey, that's 20 year old drunk metalheads for you.

OH AND AMERICA.
i know everything

They seemed to put on a decent performance at FVT, in any case.

A different aura, but decent.

6,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
i will tell you my story later. but for now wait. heart heart heart 4laugh ninja
DarkAngelKing
i will tell you my story later. but for now wait. heart heart heart 4laugh ninja

Story?
Magikarp used splash!
i know everything

They seemed to put on a decent performance at FVT, in any case.

A different aura, but decent.

Yeah, FVT was nice. They seemed pretty relaxed there too, considering a majority of the audience had no clue who they were. I wonder if they'll have a fun time again too lol.
it loks like alotta dates are missing or are those only with dir en grey?

chaoslives

Probably the only ones with Diru. I copy pasted from the website, so I'm not missing any official dates.

teh real shawa
It happens everywhere, unfortunately. Depends on the audience too. In most cases people go for the headliner.. But hopefully Def fans at FVT respected them enough.

I know on Def's MS page, a few people were complaining about them. rolleyes But hey, what can you do.
Have they even been boo'd once? They already have a lot of hype because of the FVT. Even my mom saw in the newspaper and called me saying "Hey IKE, Dir en grey is coming to town. Didn't you like them?"
Poor mom. Thought she was telling me something I didn't know rofl But I appreciated it that she remembered and though of me. biggrin

Angelic Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
chaoslives

In the official press release for the tour they said the tour is running until mid July. And last time I checked, July 8th wasn't the middle of July. rofl

I'm still hoping they put a CT date in there. >__<
teh real shawa
chaoslives

In the official press release for the tour they said the tour is running until mid July. And last time I checked, July 8th wasn't the middle of July. rofl

I'm still hoping they put a CT date in there. >__<

Yea, I've been wondering that myself as well...I was hoping that they would add another PA date with Dir en Grey present this time, since the deftones come here 4 days before Diru joins. sweatdrop

and yaay! New thread! I am sorry for any spam I may have posted in the old one...>.<
AnCafeBouChan
nekonekonya
Welcome back thread! rofl

So um. Has everyone heard that they've been playing a few songs as old as Macabre at their concerts lately in Japan? Jealous -Reverse- is on the list too. And Ain't Afraid to Die.

Do you think the people attending the Deftones shows have any shot at these?

I think they'll stick to the new album, especially as they'll only be doing a 30 minute opening set. neutral

That would be awesome since unfortunatly, the 30 min is all I'm going to get.It'll be my first diru concert, and I only get to see them as an opening act. Oh well, better then nothing.
Have you guys seen the japanese coverage of the American tour? I watched it lastnight. I didn't realize that during a few shows shinya was playing with an injured shoulder.Poor guy.
Anyway it's pretty interesting to watch.
ON an noob note,I have kinda a retarded question(mock me all youlikeXD) But what do you consider spam? I just want to make sure so I don't cause any. sweatdrop

Where did you find this review of the American tour? I'd like to watch it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff