Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thanks for more suggestions guys smile
I do usually like the Balkan entries for Eurovision.

Invisible Prophet

13,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250

Invisible Prophet

13,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Not sure if I should try to keep this thread alive but hey, it ads flavour to the mostly k-pop posts

I never heard Balkansky or Darko Ilievski, I'll have to check them out. The others are artists I love biggrin

Dino Merlin is always good.

4,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
Hinacha
What about Parni Valjak?
I mostly listen to the Croation-Russian music : )
Sorry if this has been posted.

Oh that is some sweet music to my ears c:

Also I can see why you love Dado Polumenta Engraved, I can't stop listening to him right now.

4,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
Enjoy some Josipa Lisac(Croatian, Rock/Folk/Pop)
Josipa Lisac-Hazarder

and Tijana Dapccevic, if I remember correctly she's a mixture of Macedonian(born in that country), Serbian and Bosnian. A lot of her other songs are more pop based. Currently she lives in Serbia.
Tijana Dapcevic-Sve Je Isto Samo Njega Nema

Also to keep up with the Turbo folk, here's more Dragana. This is a song from her 2013 album.
Dragana Mirkovic-Pucaj Pravo u Srce

Also there's Baruni(Croatian), they're more pop now.
Baruni-Nikada Me Nisi Voljela

Also Danijela Martinovic(Croatian) she is a pop singer.
Danijela Martinovic-Raspasoj

Invisible Prophet

13,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Keeping this thread alive somewhat, this posts entries are from

Slovenia:
"B Mashina" by Siddharta. You may or may be familiar with the version by Laibach. The lyrics to Laibach's cover are an almost direct translation of the original by Siddharta
"Država" by Laibach. Most of the stuff I've heard by Laibach are either in English or Germans. This is one of the few in Slovene I know of.

Croatia:
Ivo Robić "Samo Jednom Se Ljubi" (If you're into really old stuff)

Macedonia:
Slatkaristika "FM" (I think this may have a swear or two? I don't understand Macedonian. I find this catchy.) "Bum Bam"

Turkey:
Murat Dalkılıç "Bir Güzellik Yap" (This guy is easy on the eyes in my opinion)

Ruthless Receiver

13,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
So Andrea just came out with a clip for Losh Geroi

It's so bad, it makes me cringe.

Don't get me wrong, I think this song is catchy.

But this video... It's just... I can't... It... I can't find words to eloquently describe how horrendous I think it is... gonk

Invisible Prophet

13,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Azealia Minaj

(video)

But this video... It's just... I can't... It... I can't find words to eloquently describe how horrendous I think it is... gonk

2 minutes into the video and I'm thinking "Is she trying to be Beyoncé?" (Single Ladies, Baby Boy, Diva to name some videos that this reminded me of)

Ruthless Receiver

13,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Queen_Raiden
Azealia Minaj

(video)

2 minutes into the video and I'm thinking "Is she trying to be Beyoncé?" (Single Ladies, Baby Boy, Diva to name some videos that this reminded me of)

Beyonce wish she was as fabulous as Andrea.

Why this video sucked is because it was produced with Costi.
Azealia Minaj
Queen_Raiden
Azealia Minaj

(video)

I don't consider standing in front of white space to be very trademark of any singer since I've seen so many do it. But that's what's wrong with this video for me, she just stands there and a bunch of other people kind of dance, it's boring and disappointing. Costi produces great music and I love this song... but the video is bland.

Ruthless Receiver

13,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Engraved On the Moon
Azealia Minaj
Queen_Raiden
Azealia Minaj

(video)

I don't consider standing in front of white space to be very trademark of any singer since I've seen so many do it. But that's what's wrong with this video for me, she just stands there and a bunch of other people kind of dance, it's boring and disappointing. Costi produces great music and I love this song... but the video is bland.

I've been very unimpressed with Costi in the recent years. All he does is sell the same beat to other artists.

Bonboni by Cvetelina Qneva, he sold the beat to Mandinga's Papi Chulo
He sold Haide Opa and Izlaji Me to countless Serbian artists
He combined Galena's Mnogo Mi Otivash with Preslava's Razkrii Me and sold it to an Uzbek singer.
Kak Ti Stoi was sold to Kat De Luna and Nikol Bulat.

I used to be a huge fan of him but not anymore. He's a total sell out.
Azealia Minaj
Engraved On the Moon
Azealia Minaj
Queen_Raiden
Azealia Minaj

(video)

I've been very unimpressed with Costi in the recent years. All he does is sell the same beat to other artists.

He combined Galena's Mnogo Mi Otivash with Preslava's Razkrii Me and sold it to an Uzbek singer.

I don't mind that so much but I can understand why you don't like him anymore. The only one that annoyed me was the Kat DeLuna song, but that was because it lost what made me like Kak ti stoi in the first place.

Ruthless Receiver

13,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Engraved On the Moon
Azealia Minaj
Engraved On the Moon
Azealia Minaj
Queen_Raiden
Azealia Minaj

(video)

I don't mind that so much but I can understand why you don't like him anymore. The only one that annoyed me was the Kat DeLuna song, but that was because it lost what made me like Kak ti stoi in the first place.

I just get tired of hearing the same s**t over and over again.
I get if some artists want to buy the copyright and make their own cover, fine, but Costi resells past hits all the time. This was why Andrea quit the Sahara project.

I need to start looking for more newer songs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff