Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, I can speak Japanese and have been learning for ~5 years.

I live in Japan.

Bashful Prophet

I learning next year because this year i have to learn dumbass French. Je ne aime pas french. I still suck at french. ;A ;
im trying to learn japanese on my own smile

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Yes, I've studied Japanese for 3 years, but took 5 classes of it... last Thursday I took the Advanced Placement test and felt great about it.

I'm also currently sporadically teaching myself Korean, which so far is easier with my Japanese background. The grammar is very very similar.

Dapper Noob

日本語をべんきょうします。むずかしですよ!

6,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Friendly 100
I'm learning Japanese, by myself using Rosetta Stone. There aren't any classes available in my town D:

Beloved Phantom

i studied a bit japanese i was born in Japan so i can speak it well but since my parents decided go back to their hometown when i was nine, i can only speak well and read hiragana and katakana, I'm having a bad time with some of the kanjis because i only learned some of them ...
but i'm self studying now if you only want to know that and my korean is so poor
i am.
too bad i suck at it.
i've been studying for 3 years and i still can't really make sentences. stare

Dapper Raider

6,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm trying to learn on my own because there aren't any classes my parents are willing to pay for, and I don't think they even exist over here in the first place. I absorbed the language a bit in 4th grade (Otaku stuff), and then I decided that I actually wanted to learn it in 6th grade. My study continues! (But I did stop for bit and dabbled a little in Mandarin Chinese... But I barely remember anything. I still have the flashcards I made, though.)

I'm looking for some good kanji sites right now, and I've been checking out verb conjugation. (I still have a lot to learn...)

また、 キーボードはここ: http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/japanese.php

A Japanese keyboard for those who might not have one. (I hope that Japanese sentence is correct.)

Beloved Friend

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
I've been studying Japanese for about 4 years. I'v learn a lot of the language from Vocaloid songs actually. ^^ The rest I get from my college classes (as I'm minoring in the language) and from reading visual novels. The amount of kanji I have learned from visual novels . . . Idon'teven. I've been slacking off lately since I've been teaching myself Korean. Ah, need to get back into Japanese. Where da Vocaloid at? xD

Fashionable Genius

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Yep, I'm doing self study. Like the previous posters have said, I find that music helps me A LOT. That's how I finally understood Japanese sentence structure. I really need to work on Kanji and grammar though...

Vocab=Massive
Grammer+Kanji=Non-existant.

Fashionable Exhibitionist

8,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'm starting my third semester of Japanese soon and music definitely helps with the vocabulary part, though I have the hardest time with kanji. I just can't seem to remember it. ≧ω≦ I wanted to study Korean too but my school doesn't offer it and I am hopeless with learning online, the pronunciations kill me. ^^;;
+1 Japanese learner. I've been self-studying for about 3-4 years, given there's no Japanese classes available where I live-- or hardly anything remotely Japanese, for that matter. I know fairly enough to get around and for daily conversation (too bad I can't use it IRL OTL), but no way could I discuss something as complicated as politics in Japanese. I'd love to continue studying Japanese in college and reach fluency, and hell, perhaps even live in Japan.

My old Spanish teacher told me that singing to music in the language you're learning helps a great deal with pronunciation, so sometimes I do that, haha (and it works!).

I don't know why I love the language so much... it's just beautiful and fun to speak in, y'know? I've tried learning Korean as well, but I didn't get very far. Didn't have enough motivation to stick with it. All I remember from it is something about stacking symbols to make letters and that's it. I've thought about Chinese, but the pronunciation difficulty puts me off. Fortunately learning Japanese also gives you some extensive knowledge of Chinese as well. wink

日本語が難しいかもしれないでも、がんばります!
I am self-teaching Japanese right now. I love Jrock, anime and drama's!! I feel like these are really helping me learn Japanese right now. In August, I will however begin my formal Japanese Classes at the University!! I also want to learn Korean since I love the music and am currently obsessed with their drama's right now.

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I know some snippets of Japanese but the only sentence I can say is 'do you like bacon'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff