3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
J-pop/J-rock has helped with my japanese studying a lot :3

Anyone else taking Japanese at school?

Anyone doing a self study? xD

I tried teaching myself korean, but it's hard for me to get to it x3
My second semester of Japanese is just about over. I have the final next week.I don't listen to that much j/pop/rock, I like k/pop better lol. But I do like watching Japanese anime and dramas, and it's pretty cool when you can understand certain snippets of conversations and stuff without reading the subtitles. Japanese was really hard for me this semester because of my course load. I had so many classes I really didn't have much time to study and ask questions like wanted to. sad

I loled at your Korean comment-I just recently started listening to Kpop-and now I want to learn Korean too! And French but that another story

Man-Hungry Bloodsucker

8,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've tried self studying japanese on and off for a while but I always end up getting distracted/too busy with other things to really learn effectively. As a result I only know an odd mix of words and a fair amount of hiragana. Sadly I've forgotten quite some of it but recently I starting listening to japanese music again which has inspired me to try and learn more.

Mega Noob

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Peritwinkle
My second semester of Japanese is just about over. I have the final next week.I don't listen to that much j/pop/rock, I like k/pop better lol. But I do like watching Japanese anime and dramas, and it's pretty cool when you can understand certain snippets of conversations and stuff without reading the subtitles. Japanese was really hard for me this semester because of my course load. I had so many classes I really didn't have much time to study and ask questions like wanted to. sad

I loled at your Korean comment-I just recently started listening to Kpop-and now I want to learn Korean too! And French but that another story

ah I see :3 I love K-pop as well haha xD Pretty much the impetus of my korean studying lol. I would say I love k-pop and j-pop on the same level. Funny thing is that when I fell out of anime, I fell in love with dramas, but then I started to drift away from dramas and starting to fall back into anime xD one day, I'll have a balance between the two haha.

But wow 2nd semester, even though I'm in my third year of japanese in high school, we're prolly on the same level because I know someone who's in college as well and at the end of his first year, he practically knew more than me haha.

Mega Noob

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
HeadlessMassacre
I've tried self studying japanese on and off for a while but I always end up getting distracted/too busy with other things to really learn effectively. As a result I only know an odd mix of words and a fair amount of hiragana. Sadly I've forgotten quite some of it but recently I starting listening to japanese music again which has inspired me to try and learn more.

I would totally be the same way if I didn't have an actual class LOL

Well, if you want someone to practice with/get reacquainted with, I'm here xD

Adorable Fisher

I usually pick up two or three words a day by listening to Japanese rock. Really helps my vocabulary along. For example, yesterday I learned the word for prostitute. Oh, the joy~

Mega Noob

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
MarigoldMari
I usually pick up two or three words a day by listening to Japanese rock. Really helps my vocabulary along. For example, yesterday I learned the word for prostitute. Oh, the joy~

omg xD what song?

Adorable Fisher

M4T3R14L G1RL
MarigoldMari

omg xD what song?
A Kaya song. Fans often mis-label it as either "Kugutsu" or "Kairai". I was like, "what's Kugutsu mean? :: looks up:: ...OH biggrin !! lol, that's something Kaya would definitely name a song."

Mega Noob

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
MarigoldMari
M4T3R14L G1RL
MarigoldMari

omg xD what song?
A Kaya song. Fans often mis-label it as either "Kugutsu" or "Kairai". I was like, "what's Kugutsu mean? :: looks up:: ...OH biggrin !! lol, that's something Kaya would definitely name a song."

hmm actually never heard of that person before, but I looked him up and I must say he is beautiful *O*

Adorable Fisher

M4T3R14L G1RL
MarigoldMari
M4T3R14L G1RL
MarigoldMari

omg xD what song?

hmm actually never heard of that person before, but I looked him up and I must say he is beautiful *O*
He's so talented, too. When he sings opera, it is as if true angels are rolling in ecstasy. His songs are very original and the lyrics...oh man, the lyrics...

Desirable Lover

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
I use a program to learn japanese called the pimsleur approach. I must say, it really works, although it focuses on actually speaking and pronouncing the language.It doesn't teach you how to read or write it at all. I've been looking for a website where I can learn to, but no luck.(If anyone knows of one, please enlighten me.)

I hope I can work harder on it this summer when schools out. So far, I only have trouble grasping how to ask for directions.

Kaya is awesome.
はい~! ちょっと。
今、二ヶ月間ひとりで勉強する。 私は日本で住んでいるから。 
あなたはどのくらい日本語を勉強しました?
私も韓国語を習いたい! すごし分かる。 (たぶん、私は3言葉を知っている) ふふふふ~
一緒に学ぶの?

I need the practice! Hahaha. Nice to meet some fellow students! biggrin <3
Sorry if parts don't make sense. ^^; It's hard learning alone...
I learned Japanese through anime/J-rock and dramas. Plus my biology teacher in high school taught me a bit and helped me when I had questions.

I now live in a mostly Japanese district in SoCal, so I am able to use Japanese everyday. biggrin
M4T3R14L G1RL
Peritwinkle

I loled at your Korean comment-I just recently started listening to Kpop-and now I want to learn Korean too! And French too but that's another story

ah I see :3 I love K-pop as well haha xD Pretty much the impetus of my korean studying lol. I would say I love k-pop and j-pop on the same level. Funny thing is that when I fell out of anime, I fell in love with dramas, but then I started to drift away from dramas and starting to fall back into anime xD one day, I'll have a balance between the two haha.

But wow 2nd semester, even though I'm in my third year of japanese in high school, we're prolly on the same level because I know someone who's in college as well and at the end of his first year, he practically knew more than me haha.

Yeah there was a guy in my class who took like one year of Japanese in high school, but he was ahead of our class on vocab. I was pretty impressed by how much he knew considering he only had one year.

I'm the same way with dramas and anime I go back and forth. Right now I'm in my drama phase smile
gayosuki
はい~! ちょっと。
今、二ヶ月間ひとりで勉強する。 私は日本で住んでいるから。 
あなたはどのくらい日本語を勉強しました?
私も韓国語を習いたい! すごし分かる。 (たぶん、私は3言葉を知っている) ふふふふ~
一緒に学ぶの?

I need the practice! Hahaha. Nice to meet some fellow students! biggrin <3
Sorry if parts don't make sense. ^^; It's hard learning alone...

Wow I understood about 80 percent of it, minus the unfamiliar kanji. I'm just happy that I still remember some things now that school it out for summer xd

I learned hiragana and katakana first semester, as well as basic sentence structure and class room vocabulary. This semester we learned some kanji and things like directions, schedules, asking and telling reasons, adverbs, and more but I just can't think of them right now... I feel like I really just scratched the surface and there is so much more to learn. It would be great to have someone to practice with smile

Your studying in Japan right now that awesome! I can't imagine how difficult it must be, but on the bright side you will most definitely progress faster being totally immersed in the language. If you don't mind me asking where are you from originally?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff