CROSS GENE 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
C-CLOWN 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
VIXX 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
100% 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Other 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
1 2 >

Friendly Lunatic

My most favorite comeback had to be Teen Top's during the "To You" era.
My favorite rookie group debut had to be 100%'s. (Yes I know I'm being TOP Media biased but their songs, dancing, vocals, talents, etc are just amazing)

But their were many other comebacks and debuts I loved. I loved U-KISS's many comebacks in Korea and Japan (I think they were the most active group comeback-wise), Infinite, MBLAQ (who is also having a comeback again supposedly), ChAOS, BTOB, B.A.P, Block B, C-CLOWN, ZE:A, B2ST, After School, Orange Caramel, SECRET, T-ARA, miss A, & Hello Venus.

I know there will be many more comeback since it's not the end of 2012 yet. I've been waiting for Blocktober & MBLAQ's comeback for sometime.

What are your favorite comebacks & rookie debuts?

Rainbow Phantom

B2ST was easily my favorite comeback this year. As for the rookies, I'm not really sure. Exo is alright but I haven't been paying a ton of attention to rookie groups since I tend to just focus on a few groups at a time. Well, that and I'm lazy.

Now I'm just waiting for Epik High's comeback to happen already. emotion_eyebrow
卍 FEAR A SUDDEN RECOIL 卍

personally, b.a.p is my favorite because they have earned there popularity not only through looks or personality but effort into their music: 3 comebacks and counting this year.

now i know that exotics will flip and say that exo is better but in truth, they haven't earned it. they only blew up around mama and they are basically riding that popularity.

questing: all of my lost items back. . .

✿천사의 얼굴로 날 날날
쳐다보지 마 거짓말이다✿

Feral Diedrich

I love all of Teen Top's comebacks this year!! emotion_kirakira

And yes, 100% is amazing! Them and Nu'est are my two favorite 2012 rookies. :3

Rainbow Phantom

Sudden Recoil
卍 FEAR A SUDDEN RECOIL 卍

personally, b.a.p is my favorite because they have earned there popularity not only through looks or personality but effort into their music: 3 comebacks and counting this year.

now i know that exotics will flip and say that exo is better but in truth, they haven't earned it. they only blew up around mama and they are basically riding that popularity.

✿천사의 얼굴로 날 날날
쳐다보지 마 거짓말이다✿

I've learned by now that if you ever say anything besides total love and praise for exo, the exotics will come attack haha. I have some of my own opinions on them but I rarely share them, but I have to kind of agree, I think their popularity is mostly because SM promotes the hell out of them and put them all up in our faces and made them this huge deal. I don't think they're bad, but I don't think they are AS good as people go nuts for. Plus Kris scares the crap out of me
Oncie

yeah, i also blame sm ent. for promoting them way too much and they are still doing it. i mean it's been six months since they released anything. . . and you still see them in magazines or at event premieres.

lol, kris has an attitude. he thinks he's better than everyone. it's so obvious that i don't even think he realizes it.

✞ 穢れのない 優しさに 涙と眠りたい ✞

Rainbow Phantom

Sudden Recoil
Oncie

yeah, i also blame sm ent. for promoting them way too much and they are still doing it. i mean it's been six months since they released anything. . . and you still see them in magazines or at event premieres.

lol, kris has an attitude. he thinks he's better than everyone. it's so obvious that i don't even think he realizes it.

✞ 穢れのない 優しさに 涙と眠りたい ✞

I know...and I'd also like to know why they split them like that. I had no idea there was such a demand for a Chinese language group that they made one. I mean, usually if anything groups do songs in Japanese but this is all new to me. It's an...interesting concept but it's weird to me. They aren't a terrible group but they're not THAT great. I like two of their songs and I like Luhan alright but unless they ever make a comeback with some A+ songs I wouldn't consider myself really a fan.

Friendly Lunatic

Juliettae

I think it's cause SM wants to take over some of the Asian Entertainment with their groups. They already have popularity in Japan with their other groups so why not China? The only group I know that would release some Chinese was miss A since two of the members are Chinese but Pledis is planning to do this as well in 2013 with Seventeen. They're planning to promote in China, Japan, & Korea. I don't know if they're gonna split them like EXO but I know they are promoting in those areas.

Or they might've not wanted a group that is in similar size to SuJu and crazy *ss E.L.Fs would go apesh*it on them. A lot of people would start comparing and stuff. Probably think they are trying to replace SuJu, start fanwars, etc. You know how some netizens get. Blow some stuff up and make it look like they did something wrong when they actually didn't even do that.

I prefer their song in Chinese though. They sound better in Chinese in my opinion.

Rainbow Phantom

shimakaiten
Juliettae

I think it's cause SM wants to take over some of the Asian Entertainment with their groups. They already have popularity in Japan with their other groups so why not China? The only group I know that would release some Chinese was miss A since two of the members are Chinese but Pledis is planning to do this as well in 2013 with Seventeen. They're planning to promote in China, Japan, & Korea. I don't know if they're gonna split them like EXO but I know they are promoting in those areas.

Or they might've not wanted a group that is in similar size to SuJu and crazy *ss E.L.Fs would go apesh*it on them. A lot of people would start comparing and stuff. Probably think they are trying to replace SuJu, start fanwars, etc. You know how some netizens get. Blow some stuff up and make it look like they did something wrong when they actually didn't even do that.

I prefer their song in Chinese though. They sound better in Chinese in my opinion.

I guess it's just because I never heard of there being a huge fanbase for k-pop in China, so I was surprised. I knew there was a huge one in Japan, so all the Japanese releases made sense to me. Or maybe I'm just oblivious to how popular stuff is in other countries.

Oh lord, fanwars are the worst. I tend to hide somewhere and not reappear until it's over. Especially when it comes to certain groups.

Friendly Lunatic

Juliettae

I knew there was a huge fanbase in areas like Thailand, Japan, and the Philippines since that's were they usually go promote or have their world tours at. But China was a little unknown to me. I mean they are a big part of Asia but I haven't heard much of a kpop fanbase in that area either. I do know that they did have award shows there that kpop artists have won at. But I guess they decided China because it was more "popular & modern" than the other Asian countries.

Fanwars are usually pointless & stupid. There are some were I do say like a little something since the person seems like they can be persuaded a little and they usually seem too but I can't put up with some people. The most stupidest fanwars I've seen are the ones about the groups who are from the same company. Can you people not notice that they are close? They are not trying to take fame away from their fellow family group. And that they are not your "oppars" or "noonas" so if they interact with a whole group from the opposite sex they are not "sluts". I'm sorry this is what I see from most SuJu and SNSD videos.
Sudden Recoil
卍 FEAR A SUDDEN RECOIL 卍

✿천사의 얼굴로 날 날날
쳐다보지 마 거짓말이다✿

Definitely agree. B.A.P. (and BTOB) are my top rookies this year, BY FAR (Warning: Baby Melody here) Both groups are so multi-talented and as a whole, really do not lack anything skill-wise as musicians. And their variety ability is a huge plus. smile I would honestly be SO HAPPY if either of the two won rookie of the year, as i love them both. <3 but it would be really nice to have B.A.P. win, as a more hip-hop-centric idol group, i /miiiight/ (if i really really had to pick) root for them a teeny bit more. smile

Rainbow Phantom

shimakaiten
Juliettae

I knew there was a huge fanbase in areas like Thailand, Japan, and the Philippines since that's were they usually go promote or have their world tours at. But China was a little unknown to me. I mean they are a big part of Asia but I haven't heard much of a kpop fanbase in that area either. I do know that they did have award shows there that kpop artists have won at. But I guess they decided China because it was more "popular & modern" than the other Asian countries.

Fanwars are usually pointless & stupid. There are some were I do say like a little something since the person seems like they can be persuaded a little and they usually seem too but I can't put up with some people. The most stupidest fanwars I've seen are the ones about the groups who are from the same company. Can you people not notice that they are close? They are not trying to take fame away from their fellow family group. And that they are not your "oppars" or "noonas" so if they interact with a whole group from the opposite sex they are not "sluts". I'm sorry this is what I see from most SuJu and SNSD videos.

I guess it's good to kind of branch out to other Asian countries anyway. Maybe if Exo-m does well there, more Chinese-language groups in Korea will pop up, who knows?

hey what u mean my oppa cant touch anyone but my other oppa in my otp how dare they breathe the same air as someone else it's a crime against my LIFE omfg liek once I think dat like...donghae stood 2 feet from yoona or smthing and omg i have to go on all snsd videos n tell everyone how much yoona sucks jfc

-cough- But yes, it's very stupid. I think it's gotten a bit worse too, because recently I've been seeing fanwars within the same freaking group and it's just nuts. Do people really expect groups under the same company to never speak or each other or interact ever? It doesn't even make sense. It's like saying you work in a store but can never ever speak to someone who works in a different section. I don't get it.
Juliettae

well in my perspective i saw the "division" of EXO as a way to make more profit (double combo too~), to get SM Ent. even more recognized, and expand to other languages besides korean and japanese. from what i know this is the first time this has happened. i was a little perplexed when i heard of exo-m. i didn't think that they would have the same popularity as their korean counterpart but so far their reputation is as good as exo-k's. i agree. as a whole they aren't bad but they aren't as amazing as EXOtics and SM claim them to be.

User Image

✞ 穢れのない 優しさに 涙と眠りたい ✞
taka-jo

oh, i like btob but not as much as b.a.p. irresistible lips and born to beat were really catchy and upbeat and btob as a whole is really amazing but they still have some work to do.

i'm also silently rooting for nu'est because face and action were just astounding because i just love the strong image that they held (before not over you mv).

but b.a.p brings in more than the typical pop singing pretty boy but a mostly rap/pop with a subtle boldness. my position stands.

User Image

✞ 穢れのない 優しさに 涙と眠りたい ✞
Sudden Recoil
taka-jo

oh, i like btob but not as much as b.a.p. irresistible lips and born to beat were really catchy and upbeat and btob as a whole is really amazing but they still have some work to do.

i'm also silently rooting for nu'est because face and action were just astounding because i just love the strong image that they held (before not over you mv).

but b.a.p brings in more than the typical pop singing pretty boy but a mostly rap/pop with a subtle boldness. my position stands.

User Image

✞ 穢れのない 優しさに 涙と眠りたい ✞

totally agree. i think BTOB has the total package, but they haven't gotten to / brought out their full potential yet. BTOB's situation / skills reminds me of BEAST and their debut -> success. i'm really looking forward to when BTOB finally blows up in popularity that they'll deserve. smile

and boldness is a great word. that's what really attracted me to B.A.P. -- they're not afraid to be different / experimental. if we can compare BTOB to being a mini-BEAST, then B.A.P. reminds me of a mini-Big Bang in the way that they can pave the road for future rap/pop groups and change the sound of k-pop. smile

don't know enough about Nu'est to comment about them, unfortunately. i tend to shy away from boy groups that are mostly younger than me (like Teen Top).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff