Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you like silent movies?

yes 0.86274509803922 86.3% [ 44 ]
no 0.13725490196078 13.7% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
1 2 >

I love so many of them. I think my all-time favourite would be either the general or cabinet of dr. caligari

Dapper Seeker

The ones I have seen I have enjoyed. I have yet to see caligari

Most of the ones I have seen are horror films.
The Cat And The Canary
The Phantom Of The Opera
Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Nosferatu
The Call of Cthulu

I enjoyed Silent Movie by mel brooks.

Another one I can think of that I have seen was Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog) That one can be found on youtube. It is really surrealistic. Also pretty well known for it's eye cutting scene. Crazy stuff for 1928 o.o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIKYF07Y4kA
Crimson Albedo
The ones I have seen I have enjoyed. I have yet to see caligari

Most of the ones I have seen are horror films.
The Cat And The Canary
The Phantom Of The Opera
Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Nosferatu
The Call of Cthulu

I enjoyed Silent Movie by mel brooks.

Another one I can think of that I have seen was Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog) That one can be found on youtube. It is really surrealistic. Also pretty well known for it's eye cutting scene. Crazy stuff for 1928 o.o
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIKYF07Y4kA

oh yeah, I've seen chien andalou! really weird, but interesting

Dapper Bibliophile

5,550 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Guildmember 100
I've only seen one - the same one they watched in the movie hugo - but i don't know what it was called because i just flicked onto while watching tv late one night.
Nova Bandit
I've only seen one - the same one they watched in the movie hugo - but i don't know what it was called because i just flicked onto while watching tv late one night.

maybe a trip to the moon? did it have this image:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Bibliophile

5,550 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Guildmember 100
LooseCogs
Nova Bandit

no, it wasn't that one. the one where there was a man climbing up the side of a building. I can't remember the specifics of when/where they watched it, being as it's so long since I watched Hugo.

Dapper Seeker

Nova Bandit
LooseCogs
Nova Bandit

no, it wasn't that one. the one where there was a man climbing up the side of a building. I can't remember the specifics of when/where they watched it, being as it's so long since I watched Hugo.

Random google search go whee

Dapper Bibliophile

5,550 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Guildmember 100
Crimson Albedo
Nova Bandit
LooseCogs
Nova Bandit

Random google search go whee

Thank you! That's the one I was thinking of. Now to watch the original on youtube (:
One Silent Movie was the russian one BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN.
Few years ago the Band Pet Shop Boys made a full new Soundtrack. It was great.

Also great 20.000 League under the Sea.

Fashionable Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Metropolis, Chien Andalou, and Dr. Caligari are definitely up there. I also enjoy the silent stop motion animated films by Jiri Trnka - The Hand being my favorite.

Quotable Dabbler

4,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not the most original, but I have to say my favorites are Nosferatu and Vampyr
heart

Greedy Wolf

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
I've only ever seen the Phantom of the Opera, and it's the closest of all the movies made to the book. I haven't seen the Call of Cthulhu yet and I love horror/sci-fi, still haven't managed to read Lovecraft's story yet though >.< I wish they'd find all these movies and do a box set of sorts, I'd pay top dollar for that.
I haven't seen many, but I would have to go with Nosferatu.

Dapper Codger

6,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I haven't seen many, but I loved The Phantom of the Opera and pretty much anything with Clara Bow, Lon Cheney, or Charlie Chaplin heart

Dapper Noob

My all time favorite silent film (as well as one of my favorite films in general) is the complete version of Metropolis. Though the 80's pop version is pretty entertaining as well despite being pretty cheesy. I also really like Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times, even though it isn't technically a completely silent film because there are a few instances of synced dialogue, the majority of the film is still trademark Tramp hijinks. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff