Welcome to Gaia! ::

Half-Note-Prodigy
oh, well, if its for Star Trek, the Hobbit, and Doctor who, i can wait. How do you know all of this stuff?

Tumblrmentary, my dear Watson. I know the reply wasn't meant for me, but I couldn't help myself. The Doctor Who, Sherlock and LOTR fandoms are good friends, so we exchange great information. I for one, get all my news from tumblr.
Maroon Sparrow
Half-Note-Prodigy
oh, well, if its for Star Trek, the Hobbit, and Doctor who, i can wait. How do you know all of this stuff?

Tumblmentally, my dear Watson. I know the reply wasn't meant for me, but I couldn't help myself. The Doctor Who, Sherlock and LOTR fandoms are good friends, so we exchange great information. I for one, get all my news from tumblr.
Alright, thanks! I appreciate it a bunch. biggrin

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Half-Note-Prodigy

Hehe, I learned all this through Tumblr actually :p
I follow blogs that specifically are about Benedict, Sherlock and the show overall, so when one of the creators or actors does/says something, I know about it pretty soon in advance cool

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Maroon Sparrow
Yeah, I feel like if they rush it and post regular episodes of Sherlock they won't be as good. Moffat himself said that the episodes are like feature films, and films take a long time to polish. It is better, although painful, if they release them when they feel the films are the same quality as the episodes already out, if not even more amazing.
I am almost certain when the new episodes come out there will be an even bigger cliffhanger, but at least we'll get Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman in their full blown glory. Hell, maybe we'll have the 12th Doctor by then.
I also can kind of understand now why Godtiss made the episodes so darn beautiful and full of little references from the original series, during the hiatus the fandom has so much to analyze. (In the Christmas scene, Sherlock is looking at John's blog "You have a picture of me wearing THAT HAT?" "People like the hat" "No they don't, what people?" "I re-set the counter last night" and then you see the number of views on John's blog which also happens to be the year when the original Sherlock Holmes was the most active in crime solving. How thought out, no?)
I'm starting to ramble so I'm going to go back to tumblr with my ice-cream and maybe then I'll go and re-watch this brilliant series for the 6th time. Point is, I will go down with this show, so bring on the hiatuses and theories, Godtiss. I and the fandom are ready for them.
#LATERZ

I think, compared to what they did for the second season, the 3rd season really is going to have to take it up a notch. I can live with a cliffhanger for the 3rd season, 'cause that'll just mean that there'd be a 4th season in the making! rofl
It's kind of insane how many little details they put into each episode. In the Hounds of Baskerville, the receipt for meat at the Inn, said Undershaw Meat Supplies. Undershaw is the name of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's home lol
And even if it took them 3-4 years to get the next season out, I'd be willing to wait that long. My patience is infinite when it comes to Sherlock.

Liberal Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

I absolutely adored the first season of Sherlock because the very first episode was brilliant, I was hooked within the first twenty minutes. At first, I was a bit skeptical about how good it would be because of how cocky Sherlock was, but it grew on me. The second episode was rather boring compared to the others, but it's whatever, I saw Benedict Cumberbatch run around and look pretty, so I'm not complaining.

The second season was also nice, but I did so hate episode one. At first, Irene was this amazing, beautiful, independent dominatrix. Think "I am an independent black white woman who don't need no man," and you've got her. She also mentions being gay, and from the context, I assume she meant the modern definition meaning 'homosexual.' Then there is some hawt Sherlock/Irene action, and it feels really natural, they both seem into it. Next thing you know, BOOM, end of the episode. Sherlock was really feeling her pulse and looking at her pupils, Irene is in love with him, and about to get murdered. Not only that, Sherlock saves her. I would have rather seen her be killed; would've been less embarrassing.

However, the one person I really hated throughout this whole series was Donovan. Anderson was pretty bad too, and I blame them both for everything that happened in Reichenbach.

. . .

I thought the second season was better, and I'm only slightly upset about the long wait. I hope it'll be good!

. . .

My favorite characters were Jim Moriarty, because I enjoy the way he twitches his butt, Irene, and Sherlock. Sherlock's hair is so fabulous.. I'm also fond of Mycroft and John. (Predictable, much?)

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Backstabbing Sociopath

I absolutely adored the first season of Sherlock because the very first episode was brilliant, I was hooked within the first twenty minutes. At first, I was a bit skeptical about how good it would be because of how cocky Sherlock was, but it grew on me. The second episode was rather boring compared to the others, but it's whatever, I saw Benedict Cumberbatch run around and look pretty, so I'm not complaining.
The second season was also nice, but I did so hate episode one. At first, Irene was this amazing, beautiful, independent dominatrix. Think "I am an independent black white woman who don't need no man," and you've got her. She also mentions being gay, and from the context, I assume she meant the modern definition meaning 'homosexual.' Then there is some hawt Sherlock/Irene action, and it feels really natural, they both seem into it. Next thing you know, BOOM, end of the episode. Sherlock was really feeling her pulse and looking at her pupils, Irene is in love with him, and about to get murdered. Not only that, Sherlock saves her. I would have rather seen her be killed; would've been less embarrassing.
However, the one person I really hated throughout this whole series was Donovan. Anderson was pretty bad too, and I blame them both for everything that happened in Reichenbach.
. . .
I thought the second season was better, and I'm only slightly upset about the long wait. I hope it'll be good!
. . .
My favorite characters were Jim Moriarty, because I enjoy the way he twitches his butt, Irene, and Sherlock. Sherlock's hair is so fabulous.. I'm also fond of Mycroft and John. (Predictable, much?)

I think I'd have to disagree with you when it comes to the chemistry between Sherlock and Irene. I think Irene is certainly gay but I don't think her, nor Sherlock, are romantically interested in one another. They're both incredibly intelligent, and I think it's that intelligence that draws them to one another.
It's being able to fool one another and out-wit one another that draws the two of them together, at least in my opinion. As for the whole 'lets have dinner thing', I think that's just sort of Irene's go-to in terms of "showing affection" or "interest". Her job description is that of a dominatrix, so it would make sense for her to react that way to Sherlock, rather than just simply stating "Damn you're smart, this is fun". Same sort of goes for Sherlock. He doesn't express his emotions in a normal and..more-or-less socially acceptable way, so each of them reacts differently from what one would normally see, hence the whole romantic sort of thing going on between them.
Yes, Irene was extremely fond of Sherlock..but I think it has more to do with the fact that she found someone who could keep up with her mentally, and visa versa for Sherlock, that really drew her in.
[/rant] sweatdrop

Big Smoker

Does anyone ship Johnlock here? biggrin

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
BamitisAlex
Does anyone ship Johnlock here? biggrin

Who doesn't? cool
my friend got me into this show not too long ago, then i bought both seasons on DVD haha. i am in love with it. the dynamic of the whole thing is wonderful, and although im impatient as hell, i can deal with 2 years. the season 2 last episode made me bawl though, so no doubt the first episode of season 3 probably will haha
I love this series. I only started watching it last month but I've watched both seasons in full at least 4 times now, maybe 5.
I'm completely obsessed with finding new clues and speculating theories with my younger sister who is just as if not more obsessed than I am.
We have several about how he survived the fall and how he's staying off the grid.
I came up with what I feel are a few brilliant ones tonight under the influence of vodka.

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Lady Aurora Borealis
I love this series. I only started watching it last month but I've watched both seasons in full at least 4 times now, maybe 5.
I'm completely obsessed with finding new clues and speculating theories with my younger sister who is just as if not more obsessed than I am.
We have several about how he survived the fall and how he's staying off the grid.
I came up with what I feel are a few brilliant ones tonight under the influence of vodka.

Ah, new to the fandom eh? Well, welcome, there's no turning back now cool
And I greatly approve you watching said season multiple times ;p
What theories do you have on how Sherlock survived?

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lady Aurora Borealis

I love your avatar and signature! heart

I read Scandal before watching the episode and I just love watching how they interpret it!

Both seasons are great, I love the second better because of Scandal and Reichenbach. I'm actually not pissed off about waiting for the next season since I haven't waited that long; I started watching in the middle of this year. My favorite character is Sherlock (of course) but aside from him I like Irene. heart

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love the series, but I wish the episodes were shorter. And here I thought my attention span was longer....

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Starchan13
I love the series, but I wish the episodes were shorter. And here I thought my attention span was longer....

Shorter episodes?! What blasphemy! gonk

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Juno-Moon
Starchan13

Shorter episodes?! What blasphemy! gonk

Lol, yeah, I s'pose it wouldn't be the same like that...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff