Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your favorite part of the movie?

Dammit Janet! I Love You! 0.10909090909091 10.9% [ 6 ]
There's a light..... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Let's do the Time Warp Again...! 0.34545454545455 34.5% [ 19 ]
In just 7 days, I will make you a man! 0.10909090909091 10.9% [ 6 ]
Hot patootie bless my soul... 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 7 ]
Ta ta ta ta touch me..... 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 7 ]
You better wise up Janet Weiss! 0.14545454545455 14.5% [ 8 ]
Wtf?! O.o 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I absolutely love this movie! It is definitely a cult classic. Yes it is a cheesy B movie who's plot is obscure but I think that is what makes it so memorable. Plus the songs are really catchy. But I think the best way to experience the Rocky Horror Picture Show is to watch it during an audience participation showing. Trust me not only will it be one of your most memorable experiences but it will totally enhance the movie. Any thoughts?

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
When i first watched this movie my initial thoughts were "WTF?!" but after seeing it what seems likes a hundred times thanks to my friend the movie grew on me and now it's one of my favorite films. But I truly believe that the movie is best viewed during an audience participation showing.
I am in love with this movie! Whenever I make ask someone if they've seen it, and the answer is 'no' i just have to yell 'SINNER!!!' at them, I can't help it. Sadly, I haven't been to a showing of it, though I would kill to get the chance. A good friend of mine offered one time, but my parental unit doesn't like it, so I didn't get to go crying

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
IggyxNoir
I am in love with this movie! Whenever I make ask someone if they've seen it, and the answer is 'no' i just have to yell 'SINNER!!!' at them, I can't help it. Sadly, I haven't been to a showing of it, though I would kill to get the chance. A good friend of mine offered one time, but my parental unit doesn't like it, so I didn't get to go crying

I'll admit when my friend showed me the video for the first time I was like "wtf????" But I slowly )and by slowly I mean quite quickly) succumbed to the awesomeness that is Rocky Horror xD

When you are fully free of the parental unit constrains the first thing you should do is go to an audience participation viewing. Not only will you enjoy but it will totally be AWESOME!!!!
not a fan of musicals, but this was good

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
eithriad
not a fan of musicals, but this was good

I know what you mean. I don't have the patience for musicals but I definitely liked this one.

Demonic Shounen

48,925 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Aw. No Sweet Transvestite in the choices? Oh, well. *does the Time Warp*

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Dante Alexander 1

I should have put that as one of the choices but......I didn't lol *joins you in the time warp*

Demonic Shounen

48,925 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
keikari-haiku
Dante Alexander 1

I should have put that as one of the choices but......I didn't lol *joins you in the time warp*

rofl
Love it! When i lived in seattle I used to go to the show and dress up every month! sooo fun! If any one hasn't gone to a live show where they act the parts out in front of the movie.. (cant remember what its called) i strongly suggest going biggrin soooo fun!

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
zombie_sin
Love it! When i lived in seattle I used to go to the show and dress up every month! sooo fun! If any one hasn't gone to a live show where they act the parts out in front of the movie.. (cant remember what its called) i strongly suggest going biggrin soooo fun!

I love doing that! Every summer my city holds a classic movie festival and during cult night they show this movie on the big screen outside for free! Everybody dresses up and participates. It's so much fun! I agree I strongly suggest going to one of these screenings.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thumbs down.

Totally insincere.
Rocky Horror is definitely one of my favorite films. It's so unique and the songs are so catchy and it has such a good message ( "don't dream it, be it" ).

But I'm way too intimidated to go to a live showing. It would be fun.... but I don't want to be treated as a "virgin" and get all that attention. Is there a way to avoid that scary stuff? I guess it depends on where you go and how the crowd is.

Questionable Humorist

I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show too! Tim Curry is so fantastic as Frank. But it's so much better live on stage in a theatre. Everyone dresses up, joins in with the time warp and there's so much banter. Everyone's so friendly at a live show it's really the greatest. I've only been once and i'm dying to go again!

Fashionable Capitalist

8,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
hazecat
Rocky Horror is definitely one of my favorite films. It's so unique and the songs are so catchy and it has such a good message ( "don't dream it, be it" ).

But I'm way too intimidated to go to a live showing. It would be fun.... but I don't want to be treated as a "virgin" and get all that attention. Is there a way to avoid that scary stuff? I guess it depends on where you go and how the crowd is.

I'll admit that when I first saw it I was like "WTF?" but the songs were so catchy that I just couldn't help but like the movie ^^. It's such an awesome movie.

The best way to go to a live show without being intimidated is to go with a group of friends. It will help if one of your friends has been to a showing so that he/she can show you the ropes. But as long as you go with a group it won't be see bad. It's been my experience that most veterans are nice and are willing to share and show how things work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff