Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Informer

I was under the impression that it had a cult following. Nobody seems to know it, though, or at least nobody that I talk to.

Has anyone here indulged in the deliciousness of Repo? If so, thoughts?

8,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I know it - a lot of my friends really like it. I guess it does have a cult following, and I enjoyed it the first time I watched it, but unlike some cult classics, I feel like it gets worse with repeated viewings instead of better.

Although I do like Blind Mag and Graverobber. I will admit that.

So, I mean, I like it alright. But I have heard of it! I think I might actually own it...
I adore repo! I initially watched it for Tony Head and fell in love with it. I have been to many a shadowcast and would love to someday be shilo

Blessed Informer

tonialeigh
I adore repo! I initially watched it for Tony Head and fell in love with it. I have been to many a shadowcast and would love to someday be shilo

You've been to shadowcasts? I've always wanted to go, but nobody does them where I live... I hear they're really fun though o:
yeah, I'm on a rocky horror shadowcast, and if repo played closer to me I'd be on that cast too!
They are amazing, I love them!

Dangerous Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
I think it's pretty awesome. Anthony Head is definitely the hilight of that movie for me. I have grown a fondness for him since he is in almost everything I like
and a little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery.
and the zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy
and when the gun goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery, surgery

Newbie Hunter

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Terrence Zdunich is absolutely AMAZING! Repo was an absolutely brilliant piece. I have watched it even more times than I've watched inception, which is saying something because Tom Hardy and JGL are definitely up there with Zdunich.

EDIT: oh my god. how did I forget Tony Head! After watching him as a watcher in Buffy, it was so interesting to see him play the role of Repo Man. Definitely a change for him! heart
I adore Repo! It's a common thread in my group of friends. We all love it and can't help but sing along to it when we watch it.

I love how Graverobber is the narrator/bystander.

I love how cynical the Largo boys are.

I also really love how two faced Nathan is.

All-in-all, incredible!!

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Zydrate comes in a little glass vial... <3

I love it, but it's awful...
Like, terrible. The vocals on the whole are dire..
But I do love it <3

Cunning Cardholder

900 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
This totally reminded me that I've been meaning to share this movie with my guy.

I liked it a lot. Saw it for the first time a few Halloweens ago. I find the music really good and different. The story is odd but entertaining, so I will admit, without the music element, I'm not sure I'd watch it more than once.

I do recommend it to people, but you have to know the people you're talking to. My friend at work totally bounced around when she found out I was a fan of the movie, but most other friends find the subject matter gross or odd, and don't know or like certain actors to give it a chance.

Bloodsucker

I can't really decide if I like it or dislike it.
Some of the vocals were wonderful, but some others were so terrible they kind of ruined the movie for me.
I loved the plot, though. The Largo boys were a pretty enjoyable bit of the movie as well, haha.
I rather like the movie entirely. Knowing the work and love that went behind it makes you appreciate it more.
Not to mention the fact that I have a friend who plays as Pavi in the Shadowcast (I've been to a Shadowcast twice) and I got to see Terrance in real life though I didn't get his autograph... so angry that I didn't because that was the whole reason I paid 60 bucks for the 3 day convention but my mom only made me go one day.
*sighs*
Ah well, go with the flow.

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I love Blind MAg. To me that was the whole movie. Once I heard her sing my heart was captivated with the movie. I hope they do the second one as they planned too.. because I would own it..go see it..whatever. I Love Love Love that movie..
YES! I Love that grotesque display of musical bliss. I don't know why but every time I watch it, I always crack up when Paris Hilton's face falls off. Maybe it's because she had it coming to her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff