Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
No, I pretty much hated every aspect of it. When one of my friends described it to me, it sounded like something that would be really fun and interesting, but the actual movie just bored me to tears. The soundtrack being rubbish didn't help either.

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
hello people

Liberal Lunatic

I just got done watching Repo today after hearing so much about it and I can honestly say that it sucked. It was beyond awful for me. I have no idea why anyone would enjoy this movie so much. The lyrics, the cheesy acting, the music itself... Ugh. I didn't know it was a musical before I saw it though so that surprised me. I will say that Repo does have tough competition for my vote when it comes to musicals though because I've seen great musicals like Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors, and, best of all, Sweeney Todd. No one can really top those. I will say that I love the originality of the film though. I loved the fantasy like aspect of it and futuristic world they lived in.

I wanted to like this movie so badly though because it had such great characters and originality so I kept forgiving it and giving it chances until the very end hoping I would see something that would change my mind, but, no, the movie only got worse around the end and it makes me a bit mad because with a bit of plot editing and better music selection, this could have been a great movie.

Liberal Lunatic

TwilightButler81
No, I pretty much hated every aspect of it. When one of my friends described it to me, it sounded like something that would be really fun and interesting, but the actual movie just bored me to tears. The soundtrack being rubbish didn't help either.

Oh, God thank you. I thought it was just me.
The music and acting was just too horrendous for me.
I think this movie would have been much better if they didn't make a weak attempt to make it into a musical. It would have still been boring, but at least bearable.

Newbie Explorer

Graverobber!

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I love Anthony Stewart Head, Graverobber and Blind Mag. The soundtrack makes work much more bearable.

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I love me some Repo! smile I was in a shadowcast production of it for about a year and a half. Mainly as an extra but also as Mag's understudy. I got to play her for one show smile

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Megella Monsterface
I love me some Repo! smile I was in a shadowcast production of it for about a year and a half. Mainly as an extra but also as Mag's understudy. I got to play her for one show smile

[[Not to bag, I swear]] I've met Bill Moseley, Terrance Zdunich, Ogre, Darren Lynn Bousman, and Darren Smith through the shadowcast. Me and Darren Smith still chat smile

4,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
That movie is a masterpiece.
And makes me happy in downtown areas.

The concept of a society that has organs on file is bizarre but it certainly could be a reality in the future. I know, I know-- the skeptics out there are quick to crash down on such a thought, but...I mean. What if? One day we aren't going to be as well off as we are now, and we are just WAITING on an epidemic and people do really ******** up things when they're frightened and others are vulnerable. (Someone is always cashing in.)

I like a movie that makes me think. I like a movie that turns me on. I like a movie with catchy musical numbers. And I love me some grotesque.

By FAR my favorite musical.
yeah I've seen it, its not too bad. My ex boyfriend loves this movie. He even has the soundtrack...

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My favorite movie EVER! I've got the DVD, the Soundtrack, and once I get my PS3 fixed I'm going to buy the special edition blu-ray so I can get the extended scenes.

The one con about the soundtrack though is that they put "Can't get it up if the girl's breathing" on it, but not "Come up and Try my new parts" and that was by far my favorite scene(Yeah, I ship Amber/Graverobber, so sure me xp). Too bad it got cut in the final cut of the film. sweatdrop

Oh, and if you guys love Repo! I suggest you look into The Devil's Carnival. It's the new musical Darren and Terrance are working on. Emilie Autumn, Clown from Slipknot, Ivan Moody from Five Finger Death Punch, and quite a few of the Repo! Cast are going to be in it.

Oh, and Darren Lynn Bousman added me as a friend on Facebook. I felt freaking special on that day

Liberal Wench

15,575 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Contributor 0
I LOVE Repo! It's ridiculously amazing. I've driven 2 hours to attend a shadowcast... 6 different times, I believe? I met Terrance Zdunich (aka Graverobber), got a hug from him, and he complimented the Zydrate shirt I was wearing. It was seriously one of my best days ever.

If you haven't seen it already, go to badassrussian.com and watch the video. It's pretty funny, and has a brief Repo cameo. As well as tons of other neat references to random movies.

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I rather be blind

Ice-Cold Friend

8,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Hmm, hmm! Yes, I enjoyed it very much. I think it's one of those movies you can't take it too serious or you're bound to hate it. It was fun and different in a playful and wonky way.
> 14 hour road trip down to Texas to see a shadowcast and meet Terrance Zdunich (Graverobbber)
Nope, I don't like Repo. mrgreen It was pretty neat meeting TZ. Went to a meet and greet type thing at a restaurant the day after the Repo shadowcast, got to go down the slide with him.

I was actually popping in to this thread to mention The Devil's Carnival, I'm excited to see that somebody else has already mentioned it! It has a website for those who don't know, www.thedevilscarnival.com, which has a trailer and a store and some fun stuff. There's also a forum and a chatroom!
this is the most recent trailer for TDC, if anyone's interested. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces