Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Ladykiller

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
Hello there! I'm a bit new to horror films, tbh. When I was younger, I was never really interested in them, despite a couple, but recently, I've become quite obsessed with the horror genre; movies, games, stories, you name it.

So far I've seen:

Ringu (The Japanese original version of The Ring, and one of my new favorite movies of all time)
Silence of the Lambs (another favorite)
Kairo (Japanese original version of Pulse)
The Grudge
The Grudge 2
The Grudge 3

I've been wanting to watch the Juon films (original Japanese grudge movies) as well as One Missed Call, Audition and a ton of classics. Recommendations?
biggrin i love watching horror too, there is a channel called "THRILL" in my place and it shows horror everyday,
there was a movie called "Stitches" which is just annoying shocking and make u wanna kill that clown so bad.. --"
oh i suggest u to watch thailand horror movie : phobia 1 and 2, ladda land, coming soon, i dont remember the rest of it but surely u will enjoy it biggrin

Beloved Ladykiller

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
m31_3nm4
biggrin i love watching horror too, there is a channel called "THRILL" in my place and it shows horror everyday,
there was a movie called "Stitches" which is just annoying shocking and make u wanna kill that clown so bad.. --"
oh i suggest u to watch thailand horror movie : phobia 1 and 2, ladda land, coming soon, i dont remember the rest of it but surely u will enjoy it biggrin

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out!

Hilarious Kitten

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh no, dont get me started on this....
crying
Imscarednow. eek

Shadowy Rogue

5,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Saw movies, The Scream movies, Freddy cruger movies (night mare on elm street), Jason movies (friday the 13th), Micheal Myers movies (Halloween), My bloody valentine, Valentine, House of a thousand corpses and the sequel The Devils rejects, Dusk til dawn, Interview with a vampire, Natural born killers though that's not really horror more crime. ninja

Friendly Shapeshifter

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Well, I can't necessarily say that all of these are good, but here it goes:

Evil Dead 1-3 (the third is most certainly a comedy, but it's fun)
Audition (WATCH IT, it's very gore oriented but it's definitively a good one)
Hellraiser 1 and 2 (got you classic, kind of dumb, horror right here)
Splintered
Alien
Aliens
Reanimators
Martyr
Scanners
Cabin Fever (if your into a more torture-y horror, Eli Roth is the director for you)
Dead Alive

That's about all I can think of right now and I realize also that most of the movies listed above are really campy american/british films, not much like the japanese films you mentioned, but they're fun none the less.

Beloved Ladykiller

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
flyinglightning
Well, I can't necessarily say that all of these are good, but here it goes:

Evil Dead 1-3 (the third is most certainly a comedy, but it's fun)
Audition (WATCH IT, it's very gore oriented but it's definitively a good one)
Hellraiser 1 and 2 (got you classic, kind of dumb, horror right here)
Splintered
Alien
Aliens
Reanimators
Martyr
Scanners
Cabin Fever (if your into a more torture-y horror, Eli Roth is the director for you)
Dead Alive

That's about all I can think of right now and I realize also that most of the movies listed above are really campy american/british films, not much like the japanese films you mentioned, but they're fun none the less.

Thanks for your suggestions! I think gore can be good sometimes, and, occasionally a nice, cheesy, stereotypical horror movie is fun. I'll probably enjoy all you listed ^^

Shirtless Entrepreneur

You need to watch Splinter one my favorite Indepentdent horror films.
- I Saw the Devil
- Alien
- Near Dark
- Videodrome
- Se7en
- An American Werewolf in London
- Night of the Living Dead (Either version is good)
Have you seen Silent Hill? I recommend the first one because of the originality and the makeup is absolutely stunning. The second movie is good, but loosely based of the video game Silent Hill 3 and I don't like it as much because, like books, movies never follow the original story line emo

Beloved Ladykiller

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
GatoRoboto
Have you seen Silent Hill? I recommend the first one because of the originality and the makeup is absolutely stunning. The second movie is good, but loosely based of the video game Silent Hill 3 and I don't like it as much because, like books, movies never follow the original story line emo

I'll definitely watch it! Silent Hill is another one that's been on my list. I hate when movies do that, haha sweatdrop

Hilarious Loiterer

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Um... I don't do too many horror movies, but here are ones I know of.

If you haven't seen the Shining, go watch it. Like, now. It's one of my favorite movies. The music is great, and it just has this creepy atmosphere to it.

I'm sorry I'm not too helpful about this. I know one for if you want torture and disgust, though.

Beloved Ladykiller

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Contributor 150
Juillet Matin

If you haven't seen the Shining, go watch it. Like, now. It's one of my favorite movies. The music is great, and it just has this creepy atmosphere to it.

I'm sorry I'm not too helpful about this. I know one for if you want torture and disgust, though.

I know the Shining is a classic, so, I'd definitely be open to watching it. I typically like psychological, vengeful spirit, and murderer-type horror, but, if it's not too bad, I suppose I wouldn't mide some torture. I mean, I was planning to watch Audition (this girl starts torturing this guy, who picked her to be his wife from an audition. She's pretty insane and I've seen clips of some crazy weird stuff she does o-o)

Hilarious Loiterer

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
x i n g x i
Juillet Matin

I know the Shining is a classic, so, I'd definitely be open to watching it. I typically like psychological, vengeful spirit, and murderer-type horror, but, if it's not too bad, I suppose I wouldn't mide some torture. I mean, I was planning to watch Audition (this girl starts torturing this guy, who picked her to be his wife from an audition. She's pretty insane and I've seen clips of some crazy weird stuff she does o-o)

I guess the movie Perfect Blue counts as psychological horror. This model chick starts to go nuts and weird stuff happens. It's anime, though.

For torture and disgust, there are some Italian art films like that. Like the 120 Days of Sodom. It's more sexual torture, but... ugh. Basically, these seven guys take eighteen boys and girls and rape them repeatedly in increasingly disgusting ways (yeah, it gets worse than just raping them period). Those who resist, well... It's social commentary, but still pretty gross.
I saw that you like psychological horror! Same over here. :] Might I recommend House at the End of the Street? Vengeful spirit-wise, I'd go with Haunter.

I will leave you my last recommendation with a warning. I love horror films, but there is one above all others that really affected me. I honestly don't think I could ever watch it again because of the feeling it left me with at the end, and that is Eden Lake. I guess it was just a little too realistic for me. If you've ever seen Supernatural, this movie will make you understand that quote about people being worse than monsters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff