Welcome to Gaia! ::

slender fungus
you gotta see velvet goldmine if you haven't already! the sound track rocks! it's probably a romantic drama, but you could list it under musical i you wanted to.

some other good films; my life as a dog (foreign), la cite des enfants perdues (foreign), brain candy (comedy), dancer in the dark (very very very sad drama, GREAT MOVIE), rear window (my personal favorite hitchcock, a suspense film), goodbye lenin (foreign), the princess and the warrior (foreign), ravenous (awesome cannibal movie, comedy/suspense), cannibal! the mussical (comedy, very funny), logan's run (classic, sci-fi, they're making a re-make in '06 i hear), the human tornado (rudy ray moore at his finest, blacksploitation), raising arizona (best coen bros film, hilarious), harold and maude (drama, romance, very great classic film and a great soundtrack, too)

Thank you, but keep in mind that I'm not using Foreign as a category, Foreign movies count but the word foreign won't tell you anything about them other then the possibility of subtitles or bad dubbing
Romance:
Jeux d'enfants
(Love Me if You Dare in English)

It's french. Made along the same whimsical vein as Amélie.

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
John Dreamer
slender fungus
you gotta see velvet goldmine if you haven't already! the sound track rocks! it's probably a romantic drama, but you could list it under musical i you wanted to.

some other good films; my life as a dog (foreign), la cite des enfants perdues (foreign), brain candy (comedy), dancer in the dark (very very very sad drama, GREAT MOVIE), rear window (my personal favorite hitchcock, a suspense film), goodbye lenin (foreign), the princess and the warrior(foreign), ravenous (awesome cannibal movie, comedy/suspense), cannibal! the mussical (comedy, very funny), logan's run (classic, sci-fi, they're making a re-make in '06 i hear), the human tornado (rudy ray moore at his finest, blacksploitation), raising arizona (best coen bros film, hilarious), harold and maude (drama, romance, very great classic film and a great soundtrack, too)

Thank you, but keep in mind that I'm not using Foreign as a category, Foreign movies count but the word foreign won't tell you anything about them other then the possibility of subtitles or bad dubbing

oh, sorry. uhm, my life as a dog (mitt liv som hund) is kind of a comedy/drama movie. it's about a little boy whose mom gets sick so he has to live with his aunt and uncle who live in a little village where everyone works in a glass shop. i believe it is swedish.

la cite des enfants perdues is a french film by jean-pierre jeunet. i'd list it under adventure/fantasy. it's very weird and post-apocalyptic (like most of jeunet's pre-amelie movies) and has ron perlman as the main character. one of my favorites.

goodbye lenin is a german comedy/drama. it's about a brother and sister whose mother falls into a coma around the fall of east germany and when she comes to they have to keep her from finding out or she may die from shock.

the princess and the warrior (der krieger und die kaiserin) is a romantic drama about a psychiatric nurse who is saed from a near fatal accident by a ruffian who is plotting to rob a bank with his brother. she wants to find him and start a new life. ery exciting, with franka potente.

sorry.
i really dont get everyone's obsession over requiem for a dream

Hygienic Dabbler

The star wars movies. biggrin
I'm not sure if any of these are in here, but here you go...

Musicals
---------
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Assassins the Musical

Animation
-----------
Angel's Egg (Truly an artistic film as it has very little dialog and enjoys messing with your head.)
Lucky Luke : Ballad of the Dalton Gang (Ahh, and who could forget Disney's Racist, Chain-smoking Cowboy??)
Grave of the Fireflies
The Last Unicorn
The Princess and the Goblin
The Triplets of Bellville

Drama
-------
Emperor and the Assassin
Hero (Stay away from the theatrical release! Watch the original Chinese!)
Kirsten Lavransdotter
Akira Kurasawa's Dreams
Edward Scissor Hands
Heaven and Earth (Japanese movie filmed in Canada)
Heaven and Earth (with Tommy Lee Jones)
Boys Don't Cry (I definately cried.)
Amistad
Walkabout (Australian movie)

Sci-fi
------
The Vampire Effect (Also known as the Twins Effect but I have no idea why.)
Bubba Ho-tep

Comedy
---------
Erik the Viking (Eartha Kitt, Terry Jones AND Mikey Rooney? Definately a must see.)
Plunkett and McLean (Liv Tyler is HOT in this movie! I want her leather riding jacket! *drools*)
The Goonies
Time Bandits
Vikings at the Center of the Earth

Just Because they are so completely awful
------------------------------------------------
Fantasy Mission Force (Who can argue with KKK Power-ranger Amazons?)
Mr. Vampire 4 (What movie is complete without Gay Egyptian Zombies?)

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Brimmy
I'm not sure if any of these are in here, but here you go...

Musicals
---------
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Assassins the Musical

Animation
-----------
Angel's Egg (Truly an artistic film as it has very little dialog and enjoys messing with your head.)
Lucky Luke : Ballad of the Dalton Gang (Ahh, and who could forget Disney's Racist, Chain-smoking Cowboy??)
Grave of the Fireflies
The Last Unicorn
The Princess and the Goblin
The Triplets of Bellville

Drama
-------
Emperor and the Assassin
Hero (Stay away from the theatrical release! Watch the original Chinese!)
Kirsten Lavransdotter
Akira Kurasawa's Dreams
Edward Scissor Hands
Heaven and Earth (Japanese movie filmed in Canada)
Heaven and Earth (with Tommy Lee Jones)
Boys Don't Cry (I definately cried.)
Amistad
Walkabout (Australian movie)

Sci-fi
------
The Vampire Effect (Also known as the Twins Effect but I have no idea why.)
Bubba Ho-tep

Comedy
---------
Erik the Viking (Eartha Kitt, Terry Jones AND Mikey Rooney? Definately a must see.)
Plunkett and McLean (Liv Tyler is HOT in this movie! I want her leather riding jacket! *drools*)
The Goonies
Time Bandits
Vikings at the Center of the Earth

Just Because they are so completely awful
------------------------------------------------
Fantasy Mission Force (Who can argue with KKK Power-ranger Amazons?)
Mr. Vampire 4 (What movie is complete without Gay Egyptian Zombies?)

you rock SO HARD!
what about American history X and Pi
How'd I forget American history X ?
Why isn't Run Lola Run (Lola Rennt) on the list? It's a foreign film. Uhm...I don't know what it would be under. But it's about Lola and she has to get 100,000 in twenty minutes for her boyfriend, Manni. Because Manni lost it on the subway to a bum.

It happens three times. It's reallly good. Kind of romantic, kind of drama.
Comedy
HEATHERS

Horror
Clown House

Other
American Beauty
Kids
Devious Beings

WTF
Any David Lynch

I forgot my other one... sad
You must see Ed Wood... Comedy. smile
I've really just gotten into the independant film kind of thing...

Farenheit 9/11: Documentary, most definitly biased, but an interesting take on the events during and after the Twin Towers incident. Not for the emotional. gonk

Garden State: Drama/Comedy, possibly the best movie this year, I could totally see that becoming an oscar-worthy movie. A man comes back to New Jersey after the passing of his mother, and learns an important lesson from an eccentric. I think this movie is great for anyone, I would let a little kid see this, 'cept for the fact that they like to do drugs in this movie and there is a twinge of sex. stressed

Elephant: Drama, I just saw this about... 30 minutes ago. This movie follows random teens through a day of high school, the day two shooters decide to rampage. I'd recommend a box of tissues and not eating before this movie. gonk xp

Mostly Martha: Foreign (German) drama, a famous cook's sister and brother-in-law die and leave her with their pre-teen daughter. Very wholesome... for the whole family. heart

The Vanishing: Foreign (French/Dutch) thriller, a lady on vacation with her boyfriend disappears from a pitstop. After three years of searching, he finally discovers what happened to her. Can be watched by anyone, maybe a little scary... but young children wouldn't really have the patience for all the subtitles... eek heart

Bend It Like Beckham:Semi-foreign (British, is that considered foreign?), I don't know if this is even considered an idie film anymore... I saw it 'bout a year and some-odd months ago in a crappy art-theater, and then it spread to the bigger and better theaters. It's a cool movie about... Soccer and ambition and... Girl Power? Anyone can watch this movie heart

Short Film Fest on the IFC: If you have the IFC (independant film channel), watch it sometime, it's on almost everyday. You get to see some pretty quirky movies.... Pretty cheap ones, some don't even have.... sound... or.... actors... It's cool.
pumpki
Why isn't Run Lola Run (Lola Rennt) on the list? It's a foreign film. Uhm...I don't know what it would be under. But it's about Lola and she has to get 100,000 in twenty minutes for her boyfriend, Manni. Because Manni lost it on the subway to a bum.

It happens three times. It's reallly good. Kind of romantic, kind of drama.

I was going to put that in. It was really good in my opinion, but I saw an edited version and wanted someone else to say it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff