option 1 100.0% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
I recommend you The Road its a Philippine horror/suspense movie.

It is a must see...

3nodding
I liked Session 9, but it seems like a really divisive movie. I watched it with about 4 or five of my friends and none of them enjoyed it as much as I did.

Jacob's Ladder is excellent, too; and also a bit of a tearjerker.

Dangerous Creature

Hard Candy
The Talented Mr Ripley
Gattaca
He loves me, He loves me not

all classed under Psych thrillers.
Except for Gattaca but that was really awful to sit through oh god.
There was this really good movie on Youtube's free movie section in the horror section. I can't remember the name of it, but it's about this girl whose boyfriend is in the hospital for some reason and when she goes there to see him, all the staff that he has never been there, making it seem like she is crazy. Or something like that. It has Christine Taylor in it. I think it's called Room 666 or something like that. Not sure, though.

Lonely Lunatic

16,500 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Doggone It! 100
Hard Candy was a great film!
Silence of the Lambs: Great movie, psychological thriller.
Along those lines, watch Red Dragon.
I know some people didn't enjoy it, but The Strangers is one of my favorites... I recommend watching it more than once to let it really set in.
Also, two words: George Romero.
The Thing is worth looking at. The original and remake are both very good.

Dapper Dabbler

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
GWLover2008
There was this really good movie on Youtube's free movie section in the horror section. I can't remember the name of it, but it's about this girl whose boyfriend is in the hospital for some reason and when she goes there to see him, all the staff that he has never been there, making it seem like she is crazy. Or something like that. It has Christine Taylor in it. I think it's called Room 666 or something like that. Not sure, though.

It's called "Room 6". I love that movie. The guy who directed that movie, Mike Hurst, was one of my instructors in film school, he's a good guy smile

nymeriaa

Amazing little known Romero movie that's hard to find is "Martin". If you get the chance, it's a must see.
IMDB page for "Martin"
Dlandren Koreq
GWLover2008

It's called "Room 6". I love that movie. The guy who directed that movie, Mike Hurst, was one of my instructors in film school, he's a good guy smile

nymeriaa

Amazing little known Romero movie that's hard to find is "Martin". If you get the chance, it's a must see.
IMDB page for "Martin"

I second this post, Martin is fantastic.
Also, The Crazies is certainly worth watching. Surprisingly, I'd recommend the remake (Eisner's circa 2010). It's extremely good in my opinion.

Sparkly Darling

16,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
- Alice Sweet Alice (1976)
- Martyrs (200 cool
- Carrie (1976)
- Homicidal (1961)

Dapper Dabbler

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nymeriaa
Also, The Crazies is certainly worth watching. Surprisingly, I'd recommend the remake (Eisner's circa 2010). It's extremely good in my opinion.

Oh yeah, that remake was actually extremely good biggrin
Both the original and the remake had slightly different themes that fit in with their respective time periods.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
A few movies that come to mind...

Absentia
YellowBrickRoad
The Descent
Misery
The Bay
Resolution
Hannibal Rising
Stake Land
The Day
Carriers
The Corridor

Wheezing Lunatic

The Shining is my person favorite horror movie of all time. Silence of The Lambs is good, too. The American version of The Ring was pretty good, though I haven't seen the original.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Seconding The Shining that movie is really tense and atmospheric. I like The Haunting, the original 1963 version. There was a 1999 remake but I found it more humorous than scary.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't plug "Perfect Blue."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces