Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
50 50 did it for me. It has real serious moments but it also has funny and humorous moments as well.

I remember seeing the movie poster on the side of the bus and it really did not sold me until I actually watched it. I was like "holy cow, what a great movie!"

Wheezing Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
For me, and it was quite a while ago, was Little Miss Sunshine. I had only ever seen Steve Carell in comedies and to see him play such a serious role blew me away. I also really didn't care for the synopsis when I skimmed it on imdb, but I loved that movie.

Another would be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and happythankyoumoreplease. Loved them even though they are movies I wouldn't normally watch. The only reason I watched ESOTSM was because I was bored and the only reason I watched happythankyoumoreplease was because a friend recommended it after he found out I liked ESOTSM.

Rainbow Unicorn

Wandafuru raifu. I was surprised how much I loved it and how it affected me personally. It's one of those films who grows stronger as it progress through the story. GO WATCH IT.

Devoted Sage

I know it was getting a ton of raving reviews and such when it came out, but the premise to "Slumdog Millionaire" sounded so boring to me that it took my ex forever to convince me to watch it. I'm glad he was so persistent, because I loved it.

Lonely Poster

16,975 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The 100 Blows. It was a random pick but I absolutely loved it. It was very intruging and thoughtful.
I thought 21 jump street would be an 'okay' movie, turns out it's one of my favourites! biggrin

Invisible Browser

16,265 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
Elizabeth I. I had to watch it with my mom for history class (I'm homeschooled) several years ago, and I wasn't expecting to like it. I'm not a history buff, and I hate politics. It was the acting that drew me in. Best acting I'd seen, courtesy of Helen Mirren.

Sparkly Marshmallow

14,475 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Conversationalist 100
The trailers for Tangled were pretty bad; I caught it on the telly and had pretty love expectations based on what I'd seen, but I loved the film itself.

Beloved Pumpkin

The Blair Witch Project

For some reason, it usually takes only one small thing to tank an entire horror film. This is maybe because a lot of people go into them expecting very little plot-wise and keep a sharp eye out for goofs. The same goes for films made in the home video style. The Blair Witch Project happens to be both and it surprised me tremendously; it is one of the few [good] horror films I can watch more than once.

The second, however, bloody terrible.

Sparkly Capitalist

6,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
Honestly? Cabin in the Woods.

It made itself out to be pretty stereotypical in the trailers(looking back I believe that was the draw, and then the actual backstory was a nice switch), and I think the popularity of it went by word of mouth. I loved the ending and the fact that it was a satire of its own genre, which I don't think a lot of people were expecting. I don't like horror movies all that much but this was easily one of my favorites.

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
maiora premunt

It made itself out to be pretty stereotypical in the trailers(looking back I believe that was the draw, and then the actual backstory was a nice switch), and I think the popularity of it went by word of mouth. I loved the ending and the fact that it was a satire of its own genre, which I don't think a lot of people were expecting. I don't like horror movies all that much but this was easily one of my favorites.

I totally feel the same way....

3nodding

Bloodthirsty Vampire

10,825 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
A while back but 300. I thought it was going to be a mindless action movie...boy was I wrong.
Clyry Miss Misery
maiora premunt

3nodding

The ending was perfect, I would have been utterly disappointed if anything else had happened.

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
Twitchtastic
Clyry Miss Misery
maiora premunt

3nodding

The ending was perfect, I would have been utterly disappointed if anything else had happened.

Yeah I'll feel the same way too..

Ladykiller

lost in translation. i know a lot of people find it overly artsy, hollow, and pretentious, but i love to watch it on a quiet weekend afternoon and just absorb all the beautiful scenery and sweet moments between bob and charlotte.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff