Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lately I have gotten into watching independent movies, especially comedy romances. My cable company (Bright House) has a "Sundance" Channel on digital cable. So that's how I usually watch them.

But at times they play these like Russian or German or something action drama movies. So I was just wondering, does anyone have any suggestions of Indie Comedy Romances?

Examples:
Wristcutters: A Love Story
500 Days of Summer
Gigantic

Your input is very much appreciated. ^^
The Go-Getter! generally great movie. Also with Zooey Dechannel! smile
Castaway on The Moon is a Korean (I believe) comedy/drama about this man who tries to commit suicide by jumping off of a bridge and ends up stranded on an island. This girl notices him from her appartment window and starts writing him letters in bottles. It's reallllyyyy good.

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
I'll recommend you My girl and I its a Korean movie but I'll tell you its a great film...

whee whee whee whee whee
Ten Inch Hero (it's about people who work in a sandwich shop). I'm not a romcom fan but holy crap this one is cute

3,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Watching the Detectives. The gorgeous Cillian Murphy's in it. heart

And I'm assuming you'd like it because 500 Days of Summer and Wristcutters have MPDGs and Lucy Liu is a MPDG in Watching the Detectives. It's pretty much brainless fluff, as a lot of rom coms are, but it's pretty entertaining. : )

I also like Shaun of the Dead.It's far from indie, but it's a romantic comedy... with zombies.
Shark vs Eagle. Lars and the Real Girl. Amelie. Moulin Rouge.

My brain is fart right now. I can't think of anything else.
crying

Newbie Gaian

Chasing Amy :p
One of my all time favorite Indie movies is Paper Man! It's on Netflix. It's sooo great. Definitely watch it wink

Niroshan's Princess

Distinct Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm guessing you would have seen Amelie although it's French. Bran nu dae is a nice indie film but only if you are OK with musical numbers. My Year without Sex is another nice one. Australia is OK. Il Mare is the Korean movie which inspired The Lake House with Keanu Reeves & Liberal Arts (US release).

Sparkly Shapeshifter

The Ramen Girl or anything by Wes Anderson i.e. The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, etc.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Suicidal_Strawberryy
So I was just wondering, does anyone have any suggestions of Indie Comedy Romances?

Examples:
Wristcutters: A Love Story
500 Days of Summer
Gigantic

This is the whitest post I've ever read.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff