Welcome to Gaia! ::

I loooove the movie and comic. And I think I may like the comic better just because I can just read it whenever I damn well please. Ya know, take it to the toilette or something. Ok, being weird....

4,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
LizardFae
I loooove the movie and comic. And I think I may like the comic better just because I can just read it whenever I damn well please. Ya know, take it to the toilette or something. Ok, being weird....

I didn't know that there was a comic. But I only found out about this movie recently.
Is it hard to find? Like I have to go to ebay, sort of thing?

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Laceyleopard
I enjoyed the movie immensely...I'd never thought of Steve Buscemi as a "romantic lead," but he did quite well.

i had been waiting breathlessly for the day to come.

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Zathura
LizardFae

I didn't know that there was a comic. But I only found out about this movie recently.
Is it hard to find? Like I have to go to ebay, sort of thing?

i have that exact same outfit!!... sorry... sweatdrop
I have the movie on VHS and is one of my favorites. I bought it used from the local BlockBuster though. I didn't even know there was a comic. But yeah I loved it and me and my friend Kaitlin watched it and tried to see which of our friends is like which character. I also love the music to it. I wish I could get a soundtrack or something of it (doubt there is one though). Anyway I love it!!! But I haven't watched it in like forever.

edit: I came into the subforum planning to make a thread about this by the way. Then I saw yours. whee
It was clever, unusual, a bit overdone but ultimately a good movie , the performances were great and it has a good use of images. Steve Buscemi was very believable in his part. I loved the beginning when Enid is dancing to the indian 60's rock music.

I have never read the comic, but I have the feeling that I would like the comic better- I think that the story would pop out more in a comic.
Zathura
c3r3aL
one of my fave actors is steve buschemi ^_^ he ruled in the indie film! ^_^ and ghost world is one of his superb films ^_^

Yes! He gave a suprising and outstanding performance. He is a very good actor, I enjoy watching his work

whoa! few ppl appreciate the things he does ^_^ yer rad ^_^
c3r3aL
Zathura
c3r3aL
one of my fave actors is steve buschemi ^_^ he ruled in the indie film! ^_^ and ghost world is one of his superb films ^_^

Yes! He gave a suprising and outstanding performance. He is a very good actor, I enjoy watching his work

What do you mean everyone loves Steve? He is a great guy who seems to have a kack for finding awesome movies to star in. I mean when you look at all the stuff he has been in its truely mindboggling, also his fantastic range of roles fun too. I mean you would never think that he could pull off a romantic lead but he did. Then you would never think he could pull off being a bad a** hit man, but he did in things to do in denver when you are dead. He's great.
I have yet to see it completely. I rented it awhile ago because Steve Buscemi is in it. He's awesome. But I got distracted and didn't see the rest of it. I'll add it to my Netflix. :adds to queue:
Comte
c3r3aL
Zathura
c3r3aL

What do you mean everyone loves Steve? He is a great guy who seems to have a kack for finding awesome movies to star in. I mean when you look at all the stuff he has been in its truely mindboggling, also his fantastic range of roles fun too. I mean you would never think that he could pull off a romantic lead but he did. Then you would never think he could pull off being a bad a** hit man, but he did in things to do in denver when you are dead. He's great.

see... yer one of the the few ^_~
I love Ghost World! Steve Buscemi = heart hehehe...
I had read the comic years before I totally fell in love with it. It seemed like Enid was pretty much a self-portrait of me. I felt like for once someone understood my sense of humor and the way that I looked at the world. It was kind of scary how closely I related (my best friend in high school was a blonde girl of German descent, and people were always making fun of me for being Jewish, which I am not, by the way... so that was also a funny similiarity).

So when I saw the movie, I was pretty let down. I mean, it was okay... I have the dvd, but it wasn't even anything like how the book was. Didn't even have the same depressing tone the book had (mostly because the book was all monotone and blues). If you read the book after seeing the movie, you'll never really know what it was like.
immaliuserr
Scarlett Johansson is ******** hottt! xd
loved the movie

Scarlett Johansson *grool*
love the movie, love the comic, did a great job protrying the comic, makes me greatly happy.
I've wanted to see this movie for awhile now. I will see it one day! I think it'll be the next thing I rent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff