Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
I know i'm old, and all that, but i am shocked that the cult classic "The Wall" and Pink Floyd as a group (with the Wall, and Money, and all the other social statements they've made) is not known by anyone but me and my old fogie friends (and maybe a few folks even older then me!) Is there a high school kid out there who *relates* to "The Wall"? or is my chance to be cool truly gone forever (DONT ANSWER THAT!! .... (sigh).... I know!)

c. heart

Gianna Jun's One That Got Away

Defensive Lunatic

hopehopehope

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't need no arms around me.And I dont need no drugs to calm me.I have seen the writing on the wall.Don't think I need anything at all.No! Don't think I'll need anything at all.
All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.All in all you were all just bricks in the wall.

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Bless you my friend!

Been feeling a bit of the wall around me of late, it is good to know someone else knows it exists.
(soft smile). Thank you.
celeste heart
Don't worry there's a bunch of us out there who truly enjoy them because of their beautiful music (:

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
thebananaginger
Don't worry there's a bunch of us out there who truly enjoy them because of their beautiful music (:

Thank you, it is good to know there are others "out there". I appreciate it a bunch (more then you know!) Have a good night, and again, thank you.
c. heart

Demonic Sex Symbol

40,925 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Runway First Contestant 50
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Sparkly Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
This is mostly where I have no idea what is mainstream any more.

This should be known by so many people... but it seems it really is not.

Sugary Strawberry

14,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • The Sweetest 250
I adore Pink Floyd

and "The Wall" is probably my favorite album of theirs.

I found an original copy of it back in July for ten bucks on vinyl.

<3

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PsychoRabbitV2

Hey psychorabbit!! I knew you would remember it.....you are TOO COOL to NOT remember Pink Floyd!!! (lol, my graduating class voted "We don't need no Education" as our class song. The administration refused, and told us to "vote again". Thanks for the clip, (makes me want to watch the whole movie again....) I tried to get one of my kids to watch it with me, has the attention span of a relatively short video game, and no ability to understand the symbolism (no matter how obvious). sigh. (where are all my old, cool, deep friends now? OH YEAH!!! *you are right here*!!!! smile thanks for the clip, and the response my friend.
celeste heart heart heart heart

BTW, i had not heard the Korn remake of it before, it is *good*!! very cool.... thanks for the play!

Demonic Sex Symbol

40,925 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Runway First Contestant 50
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
hopehopehope
PsychoRabbitV2

Hey psychorabbit!! I knew you would remember it.....you are TOO COOL to NOT remember Pink Floyd!!! (lol, my graduating class voted "We don't need no Education" as our class song. The administration refused, and told us to "vote again". Thanks for the clip, (makes me want to watch the whole movie again....) I tried to get one of my kids to watch it with me, has the attention span of a relatively short video game, and no ability to understand the symbolism (no matter how obvious). sigh. (where are all my old, cool, deep friends now? OH YEAH!!! *you are right here*!!!! smile thanks for the clip, and the response my friend.
celeste heart heart heart heart

this is a remake of the song Korn did it

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I never liked Pink Floyd much... except for Wish You Were Here. But I did grow up listening to the Wall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff