Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

coffee and cigarettes

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 28, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

Has anyone seen this film? It has an all star cast, it even included Jack and Meg from the White Stripes. I thought it was cleverly put together and the whole black and white thing made it even better.

discuss?
oo wow! I thought no one else had even heard of this movie! I love that though, when no one else knows about movies or music. Anyway I liked this movie alot, I thought it was brilliant the way it was filmed in black n white little sequences. My fav scene was Meg and Jack's, I thought it was really cute for some reason, and you learn about tesla coils heh! I have the pic of them from the movie as my desktop right now actually. The reason I heard of this movie was actually the white stripes, I love indie movies, and I love the white stripes, perfect combination heh.
I also loved the atmospheric feel to the movie..mmm altogether a delicious artistic film.
oh my, i know how you feel when someone else discovers the music you listen to..it seems to take away from the special-ness you get from being one of the few knowing about them. my favourite seen was the one with the old man and his pal that keeps telling him how cigarettes will be the death of him. i found it utterly hilarious. yay for good tastes :]
ihavethefacts
oh my, i know how you feel when someone else discovers the music you listen to..it seems to take away from the special-ness you get from being one of the few knowing about them. my favourite seen was the one with the old man and his pal that keeps telling him how cigarettes will be the death of him. i found it utterly hilarious. yay for good tastes :]

Oh yeah! that scene with the old men was funny as well, I liked the twin scene too. heh.
But I know what u mean! The specialness is gone after everyone knows about stuff. I love your sig by the way, mmm the shins.
perfect example! the shins, nobody knew who they were a while ago, I would talk about them and people would be like who? the kneecaps? then they became somewhat more popular and everybody was singing new slang and caring is creepy, and they became less special. I thought that it was just me that was possessive over bands and movies.
Anyway..heh
What are some other bands and movies that you like? I promise I won't steal them^_^
stringofpearls
ihavethefacts

Oh yeah! that scene with the old men was funny as well, I liked the twin scene too. heh.
But I know what u mean! The specialness is gone after everyone knows about stuff. I love your sig by the way, mmm the shins.
perfect example! the shins, nobody knew who they were a while ago, I would talk about them and people would be like who? the kneecaps? then they became somewhat more popular and everybody was singing new slang and caring is creepy, and they became less special. I thought that it was just me that was possessive over bands and movies.
Anyway..heh
What are some other bands and movies that you like? I promise I won't steal them^_^

haha exactly! the shins became a bit popular after garden state.. well, i like a variety of music and i am happy to share them with you. smile hmm, my top favourites right now are sondre lerche, the robot ate me, beulah, tilly and the wall, rilo kiley, all time quarterback, death cab for cutie, damien rice, deerhoof, ben kweller, and xiu xiu. ALL amazing. some movies...of course garden state, the life aquatic, the terminal, and amelie are among my favourites... what about you?

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
coffee and cigarettes is exactly what my old spanish teacher smelled like. lol
Piotr_Rasputin
coffee and cigarettes is exactly what my old spanish teacher smelled like. lol

haha! sorry, completley off topic. but that was funny..
I wanna see it so bad.
Two Cate Blanchetts. Enough said. biggrin

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Funny and random movie. I loved Jack White's face when he was working the tesla coil. That was so random. Haha... Iggy, Jake, Jiggy was pretty cool too.
It sounds lovely. ^^
Yeah, it was a totally random film.. I think I'll have to see it again, though. When I was watching it, I was with friends and wasn't really paying full attention, so a lot of the moments just kinda..went over my head. >_o
Some parts were good. I think my favorite one was with the twins.
god yes! that movie was fantastic! i loved the scene with iggy pop and tom waits 3nodding and of course, steve buscemi was amazing and i love him to death xd

i'm so pleased to see that other people on gaia have heard of this film
i havent seen it yet xp it looks intresting though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas