Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Ok I'll try not to go over board here cat_blaugh

If you like Joan Crawford I hope you've seen Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?. It has serious creep factor and is awesome.

Gaslight (1944)
Gone With the Wind (1939)
Rebel Without a Cause (1955)
Veritgo (1958 - it's one of those long Hithcock movies but definitely worth it)
Any old horror movies with Vincent Price
Metropolis (1927 - silent and long but so amazing)
Mogambo (1953)
A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
Rebecca (1940)
Rear Window (1954),
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920 - silent and sometimes hard to find a good quality version of, but if you like Tim Burton at all, this film was a major inspiration to him)
To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
The Night of the Hunter is hands down one of my favorite movies. I cannot recommend the film highly enough.
Stalker, Les Diaboliques, Eyes Without A Face, The Third Man, and Le Samourai.

Newbie Member

THE OTHERS biggrin
Doctor Screw
I'm super into movies from the 1930's and cult classics and I was wondering if anyone knew some good movies I should watch. I'm especially into 70's horror movies and Joan Crawford movies. Alfred Hitchcock is alright but his movies tend to drag out sometimes.
Any recommendations for classic TV shows (circa 1960's or 1950's) would also be helpful ^_^ thank you!

Do you like movie musicals from the 50's and 60's and before? If so, I have recommendations for you smile

Pure-hearted Lunatic

12,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
not sure on shows, but you should check out the movie The Devil Ride's Out, starring Christopher Lee, if you haven't

Sparkly Darling

16,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Distinct Explorer

3,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Seconding Baby Jane if you want a creepy Bette Davis and Joan Crawford flick.

If you're a fan of scary films, probably one of the best is Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin. The final sequence changed the way horror films were made from then on.

If you want more action/heroic pics, one of my absolute favorites is Lawrence of Arabia. You have to hunker down for it since it's about 3 hours long, but an amazing film with an equally amazing film score. Also, don't forget the spaghetti Westerns, especially The Man With No Name trilogy starring Clint Eastwood. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly should be required watching.

Rainbow Unicorn

Diary of a Shinjuku Thief.
I am so glad other people watch classic movies smile One movie I'd suggest is So Long at the Fair.

Shy Shapeshifter

Strangers on a Train. Robert Walker's performance practically made the whole movie so entertaining alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff